Boeing delivered more planes than Airbus during the first half of this year.
Boeing has delivered 306 jetliners so far, including 17 787s. Boeing is playing catch-up with those deliveries because of the problems with the 787’s battery earlier this year. Boeing is aiming to deliver 60 of those planes this year.
Airbus has delivered 295 civilian planes this year. It delivered more of its smaller A320 family of planes than the comparable Boeing jets. Airbus handed over 233 of its A320 family of planes, compared to Boeing’s deliveries of 218 of its 737s.
Boeing and Europe-based Airbus are the main two makers of large commercial airliners. Sales of most of their planes have been speeding up, although they’ve been disappointed by slower-than-expected sales of their largest planes.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote