Boeing has signed leases for 290,000 square feet of office space in Bothell, according to two commercial real-estate brokers familiar with the transactions.
On Wednesday afternoon, Boeing finalized leases for 160,000 square feet across four buildings in Canyon Park, east of Interstate 405 and between Highways 522 and 527, said Paul Jerue, a principal with Broderick Group, a Seattle commercial real-estate brokerage that wasn’t involved in the deal.
Boeing also recently signed deals to lease two buildings along Monte Villa Parkway that together total almost 130,000 square feet, he said.
Another commercial real-estate broker who declined to be identified confirmed the leases in Bothell. He added that Boeing also is expected to decide soon on whether to lease more than 200,000 square feet of office space along the Interstate 90 corridor, including Sunset North and the Eastgate Office Park.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
For months, the aerospace manufacturer has been hunting for space to put engineers and other office workers who will be displaced later this year when it demolishes buildings at its Everett assembly plant to make room for a wing assembly line for the 777X.
Boeing’s leases will have a big impact on the office market in Bothell, Jerue said, by dropping the submarket’s vacancy rate below 10 percent.
A Boeing spokeswoman declined to comment on the leases, saying the company was still exploring options.
Sanjay Bhatt: 206-464-3103 or email@example.com On Twitter @sbhatt