The Federal Aviation Adminstration will consolidate several offices in the Renton area to a new leased regional headquarters in Des Moines, with space for 1,600 employees.
The Federal Aviation Adminstration (FAA) will move its regional headquarters from Renton to Des Moines, Wash., the federal government announced Wednesday.
Currently, about 1,425 employees work at a number of leased office space locations around the FAA’s Northwest Mountain Region headquarters in Renton.
When completed in 2017, the leased Des Moines building will provide workspace for about 1,600 people.
The General Services Administration GSA said Wednesday it had chosen Des Moines Creek Business Park, south of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, after a selection process that also considered Kent, Sea-Tac and the existing Renton site as alternatives.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- See how your city voted on the Proposition 1 sales-tax increase
Panattoni Development will build the new headquarters.