The Federal Aviation Adminstration will consolidate several offices in the Renton area to a new leased regional headquarters in Des Moines, with space for 1,600 employees.
The Federal Aviation Adminstration (FAA) will move its regional headquarters from Renton to Des Moines, Wash., the federal government announced Wednesday.
Currently, about 1,425 employees work at a number of leased office space locations around the FAA’s Northwest Mountain Region headquarters in Renton.
When completed in 2017, the leased Des Moines building will provide workspace for about 1,600 people.
The General Services Administration GSA said Wednesday it had chosen Des Moines Creek Business Park, south of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, after a selection process that also considered Kent, Sea-Tac and the existing Renton site as alternatives.
Most Read Stories
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- The Willows Inn on Lummi Island to pay workers $149K for wage, overtime violations
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
Panattoni Development will build the new headquarters.