NEW YORK — Boeing said Friday that Hong Kong airline Cathay Pacific Airways made an additional order of four airplanes.
The order is worth a total of about $1.3 billion at list prices, but airlines often get discounts, so the real price is likely around $685 million, according to data from aircraft valuation firm Avitas.
Boeing said Cathay Pacific ordered one additional 747-8 freighter plane and three 777-300ER (extended range) planes. The orders would give Cathay Pacific a total of 14 747-8s and 53 777-300ERs.
Earlier this month the jet maker said Cathay Pacific ordered 21 of its planned 777X planes.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?