NEW YORK — Boeing said Friday that Hong Kong airline Cathay Pacific Airways made an additional order of four airplanes.
The order is worth a total of about $1.3 billion at list prices, but airlines often get discounts, so the real price is likely around $685 million, according to data from aircraft valuation firm Avitas.
Boeing said Cathay Pacific ordered one additional 747-8 freighter plane and three 777-300ER (extended range) planes. The orders would give Cathay Pacific a total of 14 747-8s and 53 777-300ERs.
Earlier this month the jet maker said Cathay Pacific ordered 21 of its planned 777X planes.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space