NEW YORK — Boeing said Friday that Hong Kong airline Cathay Pacific Airways made an additional order of four airplanes.
The order is worth a total of about $1.3 billion at list prices, but airlines often get discounts, so the real price is likely around $685 million, according to data from aircraft valuation firm Avitas.
Boeing said Cathay Pacific ordered one additional 747-8 freighter plane and three 777-300ER (extended range) planes. The orders would give Cathay Pacific a total of 14 747-8s and 53 777-300ERs.
Earlier this month the jet maker said Cathay Pacific ordered 21 of its planned 777X planes.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more