Malaysia Airlines said it has lost contact with a 777-200 carrying 239 people on a flight from Kuala Lumpur To Beijing.
Authorities have activated search and rescue teams to locate the plane, the airline said in a statement posted on its Facebook page.
The airline said Flight MH370 lost contact with air traffic control at 2:40 a.m. The flight was expected to arrive in Beijing at 6:30 a.m., the airline said in the statement, released at 7:24 a.m. local time, or 4:24 p.m Pacific time.
“The flight was carrying a total number of 227 passengers (including 2 infants), 12 crew members,” it said in the statement.
- Artificially produced water delivers Israel from drought
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett admits he wants a new deal
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- 2nd man comes forward with accusation against Hastert
- Seahawks' honest approach won over cornerback Cary Williams in free-agency tour