Cocrystal Discovery said Friday it has raised $10 million in a private placement led by the Miami-based Frost Group. The newly formed company...
Cocrystal Discovery said Friday it has raised $10 million in a private placement led by the Miami-based Frost Group.
The newly formed company was founded by former Icos executive vice president Gary Wilcox, former Icos researcher Sam Lee, and Roger Kornberg, a Stanford biology professor who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2006.
It will focus on viral diseases , seeking to develop antiviral compounds that target replication enzymes . The company, with Wilcox as CEO, will initially focus on hepatitis and influenza.
Cocrystal Discovery is one of several firms founded by former employees of Icos, the big Bothell biotechnology company that was acquired by Eli Lilly in early 2007. Others include Calistoga Pharmaceuticals and CisThera, both based in Seattle.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival