Cocrystal Discovery said Friday it has raised $10 million in a private placement led by the Miami-based Frost Group. The newly formed company...
Cocrystal Discovery said Friday it has raised $10 million in a private placement led by the Miami-based Frost Group.
The newly formed company was founded by former Icos executive vice president Gary Wilcox, former Icos researcher Sam Lee, and Roger Kornberg, a Stanford biology professor who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2006.
It will focus on viral diseases , seeking to develop antiviral compounds that target replication enzymes . The company, with Wilcox as CEO, will initially focus on hepatitis and influenza.
Cocrystal Discovery is one of several firms founded by former employees of Icos, the big Bothell biotechnology company that was acquired by Eli Lilly in early 2007. Others include Calistoga Pharmaceuticals and CisThera, both based in Seattle.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite