Beacon Plumbing and Mechanical Inc., whose "Stop Freakin'<ellipsis> Call Beacon" ads are everywhere on local airwaves and bus ads, filed Friday for Chapter 11 protection from creditors.
Beacon Plumbing and Mechanical Inc., whose “Stop Freakin’… Call Beacon” ads are everywhere on local airwaves and bus ads, filed Friday for Chapter 11 protection from creditors.
The Kent company listed debts of more than $3 million and zero assets in preliminary documents filed in Bankruptcy Court in Seattle.
Its top creditors are phone directory publisher Dex Media, owed $1.5 million, and Verizon, owed $363,000. Local creditors include the Seahawks, owed $82,000, and KIRO, owed nearly $43,000.
Neither William K. Cahill, listed as Beacon’s president, nor the company’s attorney, Larry Feinstein, returned messages left late Friday.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver