BAE Systems has issued 60-day lay-off notices to 57 employees at the Navy’s undersea warfare center in Keyport, on the Kitsap Peninsula.
A BAE spokesman said the lay-offs will be averted if the company wins a follow-on contract to provide engineering technical services at the Navy submarine facility.
If the contract is not in place by year end, the employees will have to be let go, he said. “Because of that uncertainty, we had to issue the (lay-off) notices.”
However, the spokesman added, “We feel strongly that the company is in a good position to win that follow-on contract.”
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org