BAE Systems has issued 60-day lay-off notices to 57 employees at the Navy’s undersea warfare center in Keyport, on the Kitsap Peninsula.
A BAE spokesman said the lay-offs will be averted if the company wins a follow-on contract to provide engineering technical services at the Navy submarine facility.
If the contract is not in place by year end, the employees will have to be let go, he said. “Because of that uncertainty, we had to issue the (lay-off) notices.”
However, the spokesman added, “We feel strongly that the company is in a good position to win that follow-on contract.”
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org