BAE Systems has issued 60-day lay-off notices to 57 employees at the Navy’s undersea warfare center in Keyport, on the Kitsap Peninsula.
A BAE spokesman said the lay-offs will be averted if the company wins a follow-on contract to provide engineering technical services at the Navy submarine facility.
If the contract is not in place by year end, the employees will have to be let go, he said. “Because of that uncertainty, we had to issue the (lay-off) notices.”
However, the spokesman added, “We feel strongly that the company is in a good position to win that follow-on contract.”
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org