BAE Systems has issued 60-day lay-off notices to 57 employees at the Navy’s undersea warfare center in Keyport, on the Kitsap Peninsula.
A BAE spokesman said the lay-offs will be averted if the company wins a follow-on contract to provide engineering technical services at the Navy submarine facility.
If the contract is not in place by year end, the employees will have to be let go, he said. “Because of that uncertainty, we had to issue the (lay-off) notices.”
However, the spokesman added, “We feel strongly that the company is in a good position to win that follow-on contract.”
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
Most Read Stories
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or email@example.com