BAE Systems has issued 60-day lay-off notices to 57 employees at the Navy’s undersea warfare center in Keyport, on the Kitsap Peninsula.
A BAE spokesman said the lay-offs will be averted if the company wins a follow-on contract to provide engineering technical services at the Navy submarine facility.
If the contract is not in place by year end, the employees will have to be let go, he said. “Because of that uncertainty, we had to issue the (lay-off) notices.”
However, the spokesman added, “We feel strongly that the company is in a good position to win that follow-on contract.”
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
Most Read Stories
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or email@example.com