The factory doors at Boeing’s Everett plant, seen along the north side of Highway 526 (the Boeing Freeway), are getting a new look. Crews are adhering thousands of panels to create giant aerospace-themed murals. Employees voted on the design.
The murals replace a set installed in 2006 that earned a listing in Guinness World Records as the largest digital graphic.
The doors are more than 80 feet tall and range from 300 to 350 feet wide, the length of a football field.
The plant is the final-assembly center for the 747, 767, 777 and 787. It is the largest building in the world by volume.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik