"Arrested Development" will be reborn on Netflix on May 26.
“Arrested Development” will be reborn on Netflix on May 26.
The subscription service announced the premiere date Thursday, saying that all 15 episodes of the comedy series will be posted at the same time. The Mitchell Hurwitz sitcom starring Jason Bateman was canceled by Fox in 2006 after three seasons.
“Arrested Development” is the most eagerly anticipated original series from Netflix following the political thriller “House of Cards,” which debuted in February.
In a statement, Netflix chief executive Ted Sarandos says the return of the cultishly beloved “Arrested Development” “is sure to make history all over again.”
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- 'Hero' teacher tackles shooter at North Thurston High School
Most Read Stories
In response, Hurwitz joked that Sarandos is “going to be immensely disappointed.”