CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) — Apple is marking World AIDS Day by giving more than 400 of its stores a makeover in red.
Apple says that stores on five continents are turning their logos red or featuring red window decals on Thursday in an effort to raise visibility for World AIDS Day. It’s also launching new products and efforts to support (RED), a multi-brand effort aimed at raising money to fight the spread of the disease in Africa.
The tech giant is adding four new (RED)-themed products to its lineup, including iPhone cases and Beats headphones. Some popular games in Apple’s App Store are offering (RED)-themed in-app purchases. Apple also says it will donate up to $1 million to (RED) from money raised through Apple Pay.
Apple is marking its 10th year of partnering with (RED).
Most Read Stories
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
- Judge: Married Lake Stevens cop’s misconduct didn’t violate girlfriend’s civil rights
- Cameron Dollar rejoins Washington on Mike Hopkins' staff
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Alex Tizon, former Seattle Times reporter who won Pulitzer Prize, dies at 57