NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday:
PerkinElmer Inc., up $4.16 to $67.73
The company, which sells testing equipment and scientific instruments, agreed to buy Euroimmun Medical Laboratory Diagnostics of Germany.
EQT Corp., down $5.26 to $53.51
Most Read Stories
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Investigators’ task to find out why U.S. destroyer failed to dodge cargo ship
- Police investigate Seattle officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Mike Hopkins beats out former team to secure Hameir Wright for UW men's basketball
The energy company agreed to buy Rice Energy for $6.7 billion in cash and stock.
Novodaq Technologies Inc., up $5.70 to $11.70
The maker of surgical technology is being acquired by Stryker Corp.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., up 81 cents to $13.47
The company said hedge-fund manager John Paulson, its largest shareholder, will join the company’s board.
U.S. Steel Corp., up 64 cents to $20.80
The Wall Street Journal reported that President Donald Trump may announce plans to curb steel imports.
Apple Inc., up $4.07 to $146.34
Technology companies posted some of the biggest gains in the market.
Hain Celestial Group Inc., down 67 cents to $33.24
The Wall Street Journal reported that the organic food company, which hasn’t released financial results for more than a year, risks being delisted from the Nasdaq.
Seattle Genetics Inc., down $2.64 to $61.88
The biotechnology company discontinued a clinical trial of vadastuximab talirine in older acute myeloid leukemia patients.