The Alexa Accelerator, a startup mentorship program bankrolled by Amazon.com to promote entrepreneurs working in voice-powered technology, has chosen tech executive Aviel Ginzburg as managing director.
The Alexa Accelerator, a startup coaching program bankrolled by Amazon.com to promote entrepreneurs working in voice technology, picked Aviel Ginzburg, a tech executive, as managing director.
Ginzburg is the co-founder and president of Simply Measured Analytics, a Seattle-based social-analytics firm for digital marketing. The accelerator will take several budding companies through a 13-week program this summer in which they’ll work with experts from Amazon and Techstars, an organization that funds and mentors tech entrepreneurs.
The Alexa Accelerator is part of Amazon’s efforts to create an ecosystem of companies producing applications integrated with its voice-activated artificial intelligence software, Alexa.
In a blog post, Ginzburg writes that he has mentored more than 100 companies. Among the areas of focus for the program he’ll be leading are smart home, connected car, health and wellness, and enterprise solutions.
Most Read Stories
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Best way to slow aging? Exercise, but not just any kind
- New residents pour in: Pierce, Snohomish counties see nation's biggest jump in movers
“Today, Seattle is known by many in the tech world as Cloud City, but it’s my mission to turn Seattle into Voice City,” he writes.