The Alexa Accelerator, a startup mentorship program bankrolled by Amazon.com to promote entrepreneurs working in voice-powered technology, has chosen tech executive Aviel Ginzburg as managing director.
The Alexa Accelerator, a startup coaching program bankrolled by Amazon.com to promote entrepreneurs working in voice technology, picked Aviel Ginzburg, a tech executive, as managing director.
Ginzburg is the co-founder and president of Simply Measured Analytics, a Seattle-based social-analytics firm for digital marketing. The accelerator will take several budding companies through a 13-week program this summer in which they’ll work with experts from Amazon and Techstars, an organization that funds and mentors tech entrepreneurs.
The Alexa Accelerator is part of Amazon’s efforts to create an ecosystem of companies producing applications integrated with its voice-activated artificial intelligence software, Alexa.
In a blog post, Ginzburg writes that he has mentored more than 100 companies. Among the areas of focus for the program he’ll be leading are smart home, connected car, health and wellness, and enterprise solutions.
Most Read Stories
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set VIEW
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
“Today, Seattle is known by many in the tech world as Cloud City, but it’s my mission to turn Seattle into Voice City,” he writes.