The Alexa Accelerator, a startup mentorship program bankrolled by Amazon.com to promote entrepreneurs working in voice-powered technology, has chosen tech executive Aviel Ginzburg as managing director.
The Alexa Accelerator, a startup coaching program bankrolled by Amazon.com to promote entrepreneurs working in voice technology, picked Aviel Ginzburg, a tech executive, as managing director.
Ginzburg is the co-founder and president of Simply Measured Analytics, a Seattle-based social-analytics firm for digital marketing. The accelerator will take several budding companies through a 13-week program this summer in which they’ll work with experts from Amazon and Techstars, an organization that funds and mentors tech entrepreneurs.
The Alexa Accelerator is part of Amazon’s efforts to create an ecosystem of companies producing applications integrated with its voice-activated artificial intelligence software, Alexa.
In a blog post, Ginzburg writes that he has mentored more than 100 companies. Among the areas of focus for the program he’ll be leading are smart home, connected car, health and wellness, and enterprise solutions.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
“Today, Seattle is known by many in the tech world as Cloud City, but it’s my mission to turn Seattle into Voice City,” he writes.