Seattle-based Internet retailer Amazon.com said today it has reached an agreement to buy online shoe vendor Zappos.com in a stock deal valued at nearly $900 million.
Amazon said it will buy all the Nevada company for about 10 million shares of its stock — worth $895 million based on yesterday’s closing price of $89.50 per share.
Amazon also said it will pay Zappos employees $40 million in cash and restricted stock.
The deal is expected to become final in the fall, Amazon said. It will keep the Zappos management team as well as its Las Vegas headquarters.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org