Seattle-based Internet retailer Amazon.com said today it has reached an agreement to buy online shoe vendor Zappos.com in a stock deal valued at nearly $900 million.
Amazon said it will buy all the Nevada company for about 10 million shares of its stock — worth $895 million based on yesterday’s closing price of $89.50 per share.
Amazon also said it will pay Zappos employees $40 million in cash and restricted stock.
The deal is expected to become final in the fall, Amazon said. It will keep the Zappos management team as well as its Las Vegas headquarters.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org