Seattle-based Internet retailer Amazon.com said today it has reached an agreement to buy online shoe vendor Zappos.com in a stock deal valued at nearly $900 million.
Amazon said it will buy all the Nevada company for about 10 million shares of its stock — worth $895 million based on yesterday’s closing price of $89.50 per share.
Amazon also said it will pay Zappos employees $40 million in cash and restricted stock.
The deal is expected to become final in the fall, Amazon said. It will keep the Zappos management team as well as its Las Vegas headquarters.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org