Amazon.com has joined the list of sponsors of the Family 4th at Lake Union, Seattle's annual Fourth of July fireworks show. Amazon'scontribution is the third...
Amazon.com has joined the list of sponsors of the Family 4th at Lake Union, Seattle’s annual Fourth of July fireworks show.
Amazon’scontribution is the third largest of the event’s 24 local sponsors, behind Starbucks and Microsoft. The company did not disclose the amount of the donation.
Organizers of the fireworks show last year solicited a contribution from Amazon, the biggest employer in the burgeoning South Lake Union neighborhood, but received no response.
Maud Daudon, president of the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, announced this contribution in an email to the organization’s board. “Celebrations like the Family 4th are important to the fabric of our community. Particularly around the Independence Day holiday,” she said.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
The fireworks show will begin at 10 p.m.Wednesday.
Karl Baker: 206-464-2046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.