Amazon acquired comiXology, the top grossing non-gaming app on Apple’s iPad, for an undisclosed amount on Thursday.
The company distributes digital comics from 75 publishers, including Marvel and DC Comics. In addition to the iPad, comiXology offers its app on Amazon’s Kindle Fire, as well as other device that run Google’s Android operating system. And comiXology has a Windows 8 app as well.
“We look forward to investing in the business, growing the team, and together, bringing comics and graphic novels to even more readers,” David Naggar, Amazon vice president of Content Acquisition and Independent Publishing, said in a statement.
Amazon said the acquisition should close in the second quarter. The company will remain in New York.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners
Most Read Stories
Jay Greene: 206-464-2231 or email@example.com. Twitter: iamjaygreene