Amazon acquired comiXology, the top grossing non-gaming app on Apple’s iPad, for an undisclosed amount on Thursday.
The company distributes digital comics from 75 publishers, including Marvel and DC Comics. In addition to the iPad, comiXology offers its app on Amazon’s Kindle Fire, as well as other device that run Google’s Android operating system. And comiXology has a Windows 8 app as well.
“We look forward to investing in the business, growing the team, and together, bringing comics and graphic novels to even more readers,” David Naggar, Amazon vice president of Content Acquisition and Independent Publishing, said in a statement.
Amazon said the acquisition should close in the second quarter. The company will remain in New York.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
Jay Greene: 206-464-2231 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: iamjaygreene