Amazon acquired comiXology, the top grossing non-gaming app on Apple’s iPad, for an undisclosed amount on Thursday.
The company distributes digital comics from 75 publishers, including Marvel and DC Comics. In addition to the iPad, comiXology offers its app on Amazon’s Kindle Fire, as well as other device that run Google’s Android operating system. And comiXology has a Windows 8 app as well.
“We look forward to investing in the business, growing the team, and together, bringing comics and graphic novels to even more readers,” David Naggar, Amazon vice president of Content Acquisition and Independent Publishing, said in a statement.
Amazon said the acquisition should close in the second quarter. The company will remain in New York.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Want cheaper rent? Go vintage
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
Jay Greene: 206-464-2231 or email@example.com. Twitter: iamjaygreene