Amazon.com said Friday it’s buying its 11-building headquarters complex in South Lake Union from Vulcan Real Estate for $1.16 billion.
The sale is expected to close before the end of the year, Amazon said in a regulatory filing.
Vulcan has built the 1.8 million-square-foot complex for Amazon over the past five years. When Vulcan put the properties on the market in late August, vice president Ada Healey speculated Amazon might be among the potential buyers.
Brokers speculated at the time that the complex could fetch more than $1 billion. Amazon’s leases are scheduled to run well into the next decade.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
Eric Pryne: email@example.com or 206-464-2231