Alder BioPharmaceuticals of Bothell priced its initial public offering of stock at $10, below the expected range of $13 to $15.
Alder shares, listed on Nasdaq under the ticker ALDR, closed up 3 cents at $10.03 in their trading debut Thursday.
The offering raised $80 million before expenses for the biotech company, which is testing two drug candidates it developed — one to prevent migraines and one to treat rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
Alder filed its IPO plans in mid-March, when biotech deals were booming. But investor enthusiasm for the sector has cooled, with the Nasdaq biotechnology index down more than 14 percent since March 18.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us