Alaska Air Group‘s fourth-quarter net income nearly doubled to $78 million, or $1.11 per share, from $44 million or 61 cents per share a year earlier, the company said Thursday.
For the year, the Seattle-based carrier said its net income was $508 million, or $7.16 per diluted share, compared to net income of $316 million, or $4.40 per diluted share in 2012.
The company’s strong financial performance yielded $105 million in incentive pay for the year, amounting to nearly five weeks of pay for most employees.
The company said it also fully funded its defined benefit pension plans in 2013.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD