Mexican flag carrier Aeromexico said Tuesday it has finalized an order announced in July for 60 Boeing 737 MAX jets.
The order brings Boeing’s total of 737 MAX firm orders to 938 jets. The company had previously targeted 1,000 MAX firm orders by year end, a goal that now appears within easy reach.
The Aeromexico order is worth just over $6 billion at list prices. Based on market data from airplane valuation firm Avitas, the true purchase price after standard discounts is about half that.
Aeromexico also negotiated purchase rights for 30 additional 737 MAXs, subject to reconfirmation.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
In July, the airline separately committed to buy 10 787-9 widebody Dreamliners, which would be worth $2.4 billion at list prices or around $1.3 billion after standard discounts.
Aeromexico said it expects to finalize that Dreamliner portion of its order “in the coming weeks.”
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or email@example.com