Heads up: Happy new investing year. The Santa Claus rally that flew in on the postelection rally should help propel stocks even higher this year, with the Dow Jones industrial...
Happy new investing year. The Santa Claus rally that flew in on the postelection rally should help propel stocks even higher this year, with the Dow Jones industrial average possibly breaking through the 12,000 barrier, according to Stock Trader’s Almanac 2005, citing market fundamentals. That would surpass the high of 11,722 reached Jan. 14, 2000.
Celebrate Express, a Kirkland online party-goods store, announces its first quarterly earnings as a public company.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
Watch for a stream of geeks heading to the airport. They’re going to Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show, which is expected to draw at least 120,000 visitors and debut the next wave of TVs, personal computers, cellphones and assorted digital gizmos. Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates kicks it off with his traditional opening-night keynote address. The trade show runs through Sunday at the Las Vegas Convention Center. … The East King County Chambers Legislative Coalition meets to discuss the coming state legislative session with Eastside legislators, 7-9 a.m., Hyatt Regency in Bellevue. The cost is $35 per person or $300 for a table of 10. To register, contact the Bellevue chamber at 425-213-1201 or www.bellevuechamber.org.
December home sales numbers for the Puget Sound area come out. Real-estate agents expect to see strong sales despite the holiday season.
U.S. employment data for December is released; job growth slowed sharply in November.