Heads up: It's "Deficit Day" on Thursday when figures are released on the December trade deficit and the January federal budget deficit...
It’s “Deficit Day” on Thursday when figures are released on the December trade deficit and the January federal budget deficit. The unexpectedly high trade-deficit number ($60.3 billion) released a month ago hurt the dollar.
Boeing President and CEO Harry Stonecipher will discuss the jet maker’s performance, strategy and outlook at the S.G. Cowen Aerospace Technology Conference in New York. … Seattle Genetics reports its year-end financial results.
Most Read Stories
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Seattle-area snowfall may start during tonight’s commute
- ‘A fairly messy situation’: 2-4 inches of snow could fall Thursday in Seattle area
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
Starbucks bids adieu to CEO Orin Smith at its annual meeting at 10 a.m. at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall. Seating is full; listen on the Web at www.starbucks.com/aboutus/investor.asp. … The quarterly status review of the Microsoft antitrust settlement takes place before U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly in Washington, D.C. … Bellevue-based Puget Energy releases its fourth-quarter and year-end financial results after the market closes.
ZymoGenetics reports its year-end financial results.
Northwest Entrepreneur Network’s Venture Breakfast features Mark Powell, who will talk about starting Bellevue-based HouseValues, which went public in December. The event runs from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Westin Hotel in Seattle. For more information, visit www.nwen.org.
Compiled by Seattle Times business staff