Heads up: It's "Deficit Day" on Thursday when figures are released on the December trade deficit and the January federal budget deficit...
It’s “Deficit Day” on Thursday when figures are released on the December trade deficit and the January federal budget deficit. The unexpectedly high trade-deficit number ($60.3 billion) released a month ago hurt the dollar.
Boeing President and CEO Harry Stonecipher will discuss the jet maker’s performance, strategy and outlook at the S.G. Cowen Aerospace Technology Conference in New York. … Seattle Genetics reports its year-end financial results.
Most Read Stories
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
Starbucks bids adieu to CEO Orin Smith at its annual meeting at 10 a.m. at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall. Seating is full; listen on the Web at www.starbucks.com/aboutus/investor.asp. … The quarterly status review of the Microsoft antitrust settlement takes place before U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly in Washington, D.C. … Bellevue-based Puget Energy releases its fourth-quarter and year-end financial results after the market closes.
ZymoGenetics reports its year-end financial results.
Northwest Entrepreneur Network’s Venture Breakfast features Mark Powell, who will talk about starting Bellevue-based HouseValues, which went public in December. The event runs from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Westin Hotel in Seattle. For more information, visit www.nwen.org.
Compiled by Seattle Times business staff