Heads up: The Federal Reserve on Wednesday releases its beige book, the survey of economic conditions across the nation. Also, on Tuesday, the...
Heads up: The Federal Reserve on Wednesday releases its beige book, the survey of economic conditions across the nation. Also, on Tuesday, the Commerce Department releases its revised second-quarter gross domestic product figures.
• Financial markets, government offices and most businesses closed for Labor Day.
Tuesday: Microsoft and Google are expected to head to King County Superior Court to argue over whether former Microsoft executive Kai-Fu Lee should be prohibited from doing the work he was hired for at Google.
Wednesday: Microsoft executives Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer are expected to give keynote speeches at a business summit in Redmond aimed at reaching companies with between 50 and 1,000 employees.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
Thursday: Stephen Wong will deliver a keynote address, “Hong Kong-Turning China into Opportunity,” at a breakfast seminar co-organized with the Greater Seattle Trade Development Alliance at the Rainier Club beginning at 8 a.m.