Heads up: It could be a big week for economic news, with Federal Reserve policy-makers meeting Tuesday and Wednesday. The Fed is expected...
It could be a big week for economic news, with Federal Reserve policy-makers meeting Tuesday and Wednesday. The Fed is expected to bump up interest rates again, with the federal-funds target rate rising from 2.25 to 2.50 percent. Watch for the policy-makers’ announcement Wednesday, at about 11:15 a.m. Seattle time. Meanwhile, figures on December new-home sales are due out tomorrow. On Thursday, the Labor Department reports on fourth-quarter productivity, and U.S. jobless figures for January are released Friday.
Bellevue truckmaker Paccar reports its fourth-quarter earnings, which are expected to be strong due to higher truck sales.
Boeing releases its fourth-quarter and full year financial results. It already has announced a $615 million accounting write-off, reflecting its decision to close the 717 production line in California and the need to compete again for the Air Force 767 tanker deal. Apart from those hits, the company’s bottom-line performance is expected to be strong. … Online retail giant Amazon.com and online drugstore Drugstore.com both announce fourth-quarter results after the stock market’s closing bell.
Icos will release its year-end financial report and give guidance for its performance in the year ahead.
Most Read Stories
- I-5 reopened after semitruck crash, authorities warn of lingering delays in Seattle VIEW
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- Taco truck, stuck in Seattle’s big I-5 closure, opens for lunch anyway
- Sound Transit uses inflated car values to collect higher tab fees
- Snow returns for afternoon commute; lightning strikes Space Needle VIEW