Heads up: It could be a big week for economic news, with Federal Reserve policy-makers meeting Tuesday and Wednesday. The Fed is expected...
It could be a big week for economic news, with Federal Reserve policy-makers meeting Tuesday and Wednesday. The Fed is expected to bump up interest rates again, with the federal-funds target rate rising from 2.25 to 2.50 percent. Watch for the policy-makers’ announcement Wednesday, at about 11:15 a.m. Seattle time. Meanwhile, figures on December new-home sales are due out tomorrow. On Thursday, the Labor Department reports on fourth-quarter productivity, and U.S. jobless figures for January are released Friday.
Bellevue truckmaker Paccar reports its fourth-quarter earnings, which are expected to be strong due to higher truck sales.
Boeing releases its fourth-quarter and full year financial results. It already has announced a $615 million accounting write-off, reflecting its decision to close the 717 production line in California and the need to compete again for the Air Force 767 tanker deal. Apart from those hits, the company’s bottom-line performance is expected to be strong. … Online retail giant Amazon.com and online drugstore Drugstore.com both announce fourth-quarter results after the stock market’s closing bell.
Icos will release its year-end financial report and give guidance for its performance in the year ahead.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco