Heads up: The quiet holiday period is over and a slew of key economic reports are due out this week that could move the markets. They include reports on the federal budget and...
The quiet holiday period is over and a slew of key economic reports are due out this week that could move the markets. They include reports on the federal budget and international trade Wednesday; retail sales Thursday; and business inventories, industrial production and the Producer Price Index Friday.
Several Seattle-area biotech companies will make presentations through Thursday at the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco, one of the industry’s largest events of the year. Icos, ZymoGenetics, Seattle Genetics, Dendreon, Corixa and SonoSite will be among 260 companies presenting to investors.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
Washington Federal is scheduled to release its first-quarter earnings. … The World Trade Center Tacoma, the Japan-America Society of the State of Washington and the Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle will discuss Japan’s current economy and business climate with Washington state; Wells Fargo Plaza, 1201 Pacific Ave., Suite 2100, Tacoma, from 8-9 a.m. Cost: $5-$10. Information: 253-396-1022 or e-mail email@example.com.