Heads up: The Commerce Department releases the latest figures on U.S. gross domestic product Thursday, and personal income and spending...
The Commerce Department releases the latest figures on U.S. gross domestic product Thursday, and personal income and spending Friday.
President Mary McAleese of Ireland leads a trade mission to Seattle and Vancouver, B.C., through Wednesday. Executives from 30 Irish companies working in aerospace, telecommunication and information technology will meet with local counterparts. … Online jeweler Blue Nile holds its annual shareholders meeting at 3:30 p.m. at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle.
Boeing holds its annual conference for investors and securities analysts, with presentations by interim Chief Executive Officer/Chief Financial Officer James Bell, Chairman Lewis Platt, commercial-airplane-unit chief Alan Mulally and defense-unit chief James Albaugh. Slides and audio from the presentations, which are not open to the public, will be webcast from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. through a link at www.boeing.com. … Seattle’s Task Force on Telecommunications Innovation releases its recommendations for the city’s broadband future. … Nordstrom holds its annual meeting at 11 a.m. at the retailer’s headquarters.
Did gas prices continue to squeeze earnings? Costco Wholesale announces its third-quarter financial results. … The Technology Alliance’s 2005 State of Technology Luncheon features keynote speaker Eric Schmidt, Google’s chief executive officer, 11 a.m. at the Westin Seattle.
Most Read Stories
- UW Huskies awarded No. 4 seed for College Football Playoff, to play No. 1 Alabama in Peach Bowl
- Once extinct in Washington, fishers return to Mount Rainier
- Seahawks’ Earl Thomas hints at retirement on Twitter after breaking bone in leg vs. Panthers
- Fancy a weekend jaunt? Seattle, Portland booms put I-5 drivers in a jam | FYI Guy
- Three rounds of lowland snow possible, starting Sunday night