Heads up: It's the annual Thanksgiving-week slowdown. The only economic report of note coming up is the monthly index of leading economic...
Heads up: It’s the annual Thanksgiving-week slowdown. The only economic report of note coming up is the monthly index of leading economic indicators, to be released Monday by the Conference Board.
Today: The Dubai Air Show opens today in the Persian Gulf and will run through Thanksgiving. Expect significant airplane-order announcements, including a big 777 order for Boeing.
Tuesday: It’s hard to escape the buzz: Microsoft’s Xbox 360, its next-generation video-game console, goes on sale, kicking off the next round of console wars. Join Seattle Times reporters Kim Peterson and Mark Rahner for an online chat about the Xbox 360 at noon. Send questions to www.seattletimes.com/ xbox360QA …
A few earnings reports are still trickling out. Look for financial results from two Idaho companies: food-drug chain Albertsons and apparel retailer Coldwater Creek.
Most Read Stories
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- Light snowfall expected in Seattle tonight; Snohomish County could see more
- Live updates on Seattle-area snowfall: Schools delayed, canceled as snow turns to rain VIEW
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Buzzfeed comes to Seattle, eats salmon and is dumbfounded by trees and mountains WATCH
Thursday: Thanksgiving holiday. Financial markets, banks, government offices and most businesses are closed.
Friday: The U.S. stock markets will close early, with regular trading ending at 10 a.m. Seattle time.
Next Sunday: Add checking out end-of-year tax tips to your to-do list. We’ll go over a few ways to help you save big come April 15.