787 at a glance Timeline: ...nounced December 2002 • Design completed September 2005 • Major assembly began June 2006...
• Announced December 2002
• Design completed September 2005
• Major assembly began June 2006
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
• First flight September 2007
• Carry 210 to 330 passengers, depending upon model
• Travel from 2,500 to 8,200 nautical miles, depending upon number of passengers
• Fly up to Mach 0.85
• Parts flown in from around the world:
wings from Japan, fuselage sections
from Italy, doors from France,
landing gear and engines from England,
tail cone from South Korea.
• Final assembly in Everett to take three days.
Orders (as of July 8):
• 677 from 47 customers
• First goes to All Nippon Airways
Boeing estimates selling 3,500 787s over 20 years at list prices ranging from $146 million to $200 million.
• 50 percent composites
• 20 percent aluminum
• 15 percent titanium
• 10 percent steel
• 5 percent other material