GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — Police say three workers have been arrested on embezzlement charges in the theft of commercial packages from a United Parcel Services center in south Mississippi.
Gulfport Police Sgt. Joshua Bromen says managers of the UPS Customer Center reported the thefts to investigators.
The suspects — 22-year-old Keith Johnson, 30-year-old Heather Yost and 25-year-old Deshun Hawthorne — were arrested and jailed Tuesday. Bromen says all three of the suspects were UPS line workers.
A judge initially set each of their bonds at $30,000, but Yost’s bond was reduced to $10,000 at her initial court appearance.
Most Read Stories
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Nordstrom’s big, beautiful stores are losing ground VIEW
The Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/2kN9u0W ) reports that a UPS representative couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com