GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — Police say three workers have been arrested on embezzlement charges in the theft of commercial packages from a United Parcel Services center in south Mississippi.
Gulfport Police Sgt. Joshua Bromen says managers of the UPS Customer Center reported the thefts to investigators.
The suspects — 22-year-old Keith Johnson, 30-year-old Heather Yost and 25-year-old Deshun Hawthorne — were arrested and jailed Tuesday. Bromen says all three of the suspects were UPS line workers.
A judge initially set each of their bonds at $30,000, but Yost’s bond was reduced to $10,000 at her initial court appearance.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
The Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/2kN9u0W ) reports that a UPS representative couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com