GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — Police say three workers have been arrested on embezzlement charges in the theft of commercial packages from a United Parcel Services center in south Mississippi.
Gulfport Police Sgt. Joshua Bromen says managers of the UPS Customer Center reported the thefts to investigators.
The suspects — 22-year-old Keith Johnson, 30-year-old Heather Yost and 25-year-old Deshun Hawthorne — were arrested and jailed Tuesday. Bromen says all three of the suspects were UPS line workers.
A judge initially set each of their bonds at $30,000, but Yost’s bond was reduced to $10,000 at her initial court appearance.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
The Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/2kN9u0W ) reports that a UPS representative couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com