MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say three people were injured after a kitchen fire broke out during Google’s I/O developer conference at a California venue that normally hosts concerts.
It happened Thursday at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View.
Mountain View Fire Department spokesman Lynn Brown says three people were taken to a hospital and one had life-threatening injuries.
Google said in a statement that the small fire broke out in a kitchen at the venue and no conference attendees were hurt.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
The company says the three people who were injured were event staff members and are receiving treatment.
Brown says a flash fire broke out when workers were trying to light a deep-fat fryer. The kitchen’s sprinklers put out the blaze.