Owners of the 2006 Audi A6 and A8 models will get a chance to benefit from VW's Silicon Valley connections. Using the palmOne Treo 650 smart-phone...
Owners of the 2006 Audi A6 and A8 models will get a chance to benefit from VW’s Silicon Valley connections. Using the palmOne Treo 650 smart-phone and a Bluetooth wireless-technology interface, drivers will be able to make and take calls without having to touch their phones.
With the Audi’s Multi Media Interface (MMI), the Treo’s phone book and call history can be displayed on the car’s dashboard screens. Calls can be dialed by using the MMI knob or talking to the car’s voice-recognition system, said M. Kashif Imam, an embedded-systems research engineer at the lab.
PalmOne is in Milpitas, and VW’s lab is in Palo Alto. “Sure enough, it was through Silicon Valley networking they came to us in the first place,” Imam said. That connection led to some research that showed Audi buyers and palmOne Treo owners are very similar.
— Matt Nauman
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy