Seattle educators voted overwhelmingly Thursday night to strike if the teachers union and school district fail to reach a contract agreement, which could delay the start of school next week.
- State high court rules against Backpage.com in sex-trafficking suit by minors
- Two teens shot near elementary school in South Everett
- New indictment adds charges against state Auditor Kelley
- Condo prices climbing even faster than houses
- Microsoft buys startup that monitors how workers spend their day
- Deflategate reversal again shows NFL commissioner has become a joke | Matt Calkins
- Baffled by Bumbershoot tickets? What to know
Time-lapse video shows a Boeing 757 being dismantled for recycling after its airline and research life ended. A contractor cut the plane into pieces at a Moses Lake facility.
The Seahawks host the Raiders in their final preseason game as players on the bubble vie for Seattle's final roster spots. Follow our live coverage from CenturyLink Field.
The deal, worth $41 million over 10 years, is the largest of its kind in college athletics.
- Father of dead boys: ‘All I want is to be with my children’
- Police: Gunman kills 1, wounds 2 at Sacramento college
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Biden says he’s not sure if he will seek presidency
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Aides polishing senators' images on Wikipedia
- Officials: King cobra on the loose, escaped home in Orlando
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: John Marchione for Redmond mayor | Editorial
- Armchair activism pays off in ice bucket challenge | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- The Times recommends: Dave Asher for Kirkland City Council, Position No. 6 | Editorial
- Why not rename Rainier to Mount Amazon? | Letter to the editor