It’s substance over style for our city’s spans, which do the work of getting us where we need to go.
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
- Seattle renters face teardown blues, higher costs
- Teen who allegedly shot brother says he bought gun after he was wounded in drive-by
- Frustrated groups want quicker action on Seattle police reforms
- No arrests in shooting outside Capitol Hill QFC; store limits weekend hours
- Conservative podcast pulled after host laughs at Democrat’s Middle Eastern name
- Seattle officials recommend vacating part of street for possible NBA/NHL Sodo arena
A 1941 newspaper serves as a testimony to Times readers’ long history of generosity — even in periods of upheaval and uncertainty, writes Nicole Brodeur.
In the Monday kickoff to the historic climate conference in Paris, Bill Gates unveiled a new role as a global recruiter for billionaires willing to push clean-energy ideas out of the lab and into the marketplace.
Five different pass routes worked to perfection for the Seattle Seahawks against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday and went for touchdowns. Former NFL quarterback Hugh Millen explains why.
- World Aids Day: China alarmed by rise in HIV among young elite
- Number of new diabetes cases drops for first time in 25 years
- Group funded by Coke to fight obesity disbanding
- Male vs. female brain? Not a valid distinction, study says
- Testing finds no nuke-disaster radiation in Alaska seafood
- From Homeland to hair: Clinton emails peek into the personal
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Nobody wants to put runaways in detention — but what do we do? | Guest columnist
- Children on the street slip through the cracks; state has misplaced priorities | Editorial
- Homeless youths, their trackers, running around in circles | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again | Editorial
- Gov. Inslee can stop proposal to build nation’s largest oil-by-rail terminal | Guest columnists
- UW football report card: Huskies defense aces final exam
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run? | Matt Calkins
- Seattle Seahawks will continue with DeShawn Shead as a starting cornerback, while Cary Williams works to regain his role
- Andrew Andrews’ soaring to top of Washington’s scoring list