Scientists at Hanford and in Louisiana said that they have finally detected gravitational waves, the ripples in the fabric of space-time that Einstein predicted a century ago. Scientists likened the breakthrough to the moment Galileo took up a telescope to look at the planets.
- FBI arrests Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy in Portland
- Occupiers at Oregon refuge say they’ll turn themselves in
- Fire breaks out in Interbay RV camp
- Conservation group reaches deal to buy Bothell golf course
- State Senate won’t change new transgender bathroom-access rule
- Job cuts ahead as Boeing braces to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Inslee appoints acting transportation chief
- Investigator: State DOC may have known about ‘ongoing issue’ with prisoner releases
Leah and Travis Wright of Pasco had never heard of Zika virus when their daughter, Isla, was born with microcephaly. But they say the global outbreak has inspired them to share their experience.
Nordstrom unveils the footprint and exterior design of its planned New York flagship store.
Defensive end Michael Bennett embodies this outspoken, talented Seahawks team with his outrageous quotes and off-the-charts ability. Wednesday he was honored as Seattle Male Sports Star of the Year.
The Fund For The Needy
- Breakthrough: Scientists at Hanford detect Einstein-predicted ripples
- New Hampshire lessons: Clinton is vulnerable; Trump’s support is real
- But is she honest? Caring? Clinton grapples with questions
- Justice Dept. sues Ferguson, enters court case in strong position
- Police: Cop killed wife, son, torched home then shot himself
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- ‘Zoolander No. 2’: All dressed up with nowhere to go | Movie review
- Vocal trio King reigns at Barboza this weekend
- Russian revolution: artist-activists Pussy Riot at the Neptune
- Northern Ireland’s ‘Game of Thrones’ road painted by mistake
- 5th Ave’s musical ‘How to Succeed in Business’ is a smashing success
- Solving homelessness: blame voters for underfunding; Legislature could help solve this issue | Letters to the editor
- Bike-sharing is a neat amenity, but it’s not working in Seattle
- A new low point for state governance | Editorial
- Gloria Steinem and Madeleine Albright, you are not helping Clinton | Robin Abcarian / Syndicated columnist
- Police officer Robert Rialmo’s lawsuit an act of gall | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist