Seattle educators voted overwhelmingly Thursday night to strike if the teachers union and school district fail to reach a contract agreement, which could delay the start of school next week.
- Teens can sue Backpage.com over sex-trafficking, court rules
- Two teens shot near elementary school south of Everett
- New indictment adds charges against state Auditor Kelley
- Condo prices climbing even faster than houses
- Marysville shooter sent barrage of anguished texts to ex-girlfriend
- Microsoft buys startup that monitors how workers spend their day
- Rookies again are impressive as Seattle beats Oakland 31-21 to end exhibition season
Time-lapse video shows a Boeing 757 being dismantled for recycling after its airline and research life ended. A contractor cut the plane into pieces at a Moses Lake facility.
We've spent this beautiful Seattle summer frolicking and relaxing in our gorgeous parks. Now it's time to crown your favorite.
The deal, worth $41 million over 10 years, is the largest of its kind in college athletics.
- 1 student killed, 2 injured at Sacramento college
- Guatemala swears in new president after Perez Molina resigns
- Biden says he’s not sure if he will seek presidency
- Leon Gorman dies; he built L.L. Bean into global enterprise
- Plan targets health care bias against transgender people
- Officials: 3 hurt in University of Arkansas machete attack
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: John Marchione for Redmond mayor | Editorial
- Armchair activism pays off in ice bucket challenge | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- The Times recommends: Dave Asher for Kirkland City Council, Position No. 6 | Editorial
- Why not rename Rainier to Mount Amazon? | Letter to the editor