A new study shows that stormwater runoff from urban roadways is so poisonous to coho salmon that it can kill adult fish in as little as 2½ hours.
- Six dam workers wounded in explosion in Grant County
- McCarthy abruptly withdraws candidacy for House speaker
- Bird strike forces Delta plane to make an impromptu landing at Sea-Tac
- Russell Investments’ asset-management arm sold for $1.15 billion
- Seattle gas pumps may sport climate warning
- N. Charleston reaches $6.5M settlement with family of man shot by cop
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
Follow along live with Adam Jude as the Huskies look to upset their former coach Steve Sarkisian and his No. 17-ranked USC Trojans in Los Angeles.
The owner of Ballard’s ‘Up’ house, who turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars and chose to stay put in her home until she died in 2008, remains a mystery.
With general manager Jerry Dipoto taking over last week, Gwynn's departure isn't surprising. More changes could come in the areas of player development and pro and amateur scouting.
- Oklahoma halts executions after using wrong drug on inmate
- Agents unearth $600,000 in backyard of armored truck driver
- Rupert Murdoch apologizes for ‘real black President’ tweet
- Sleeping Idaho hunter wakes up to black bear biting his head
- Video: Daughter interrupts general’s speech to welcome dad home
- Actor Randy Quaid ordered released; facing deportation
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- We medicate our moods and are the worse for it | Guest columnist
- Jeb Bush’s tone-deaf rhetoric on violence | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Gun violence: Look to how we raise young boys; easy to blame mental illness | Letters to the editor
- Major League Baseball has a race problem | Editorial
- Check out Seattle’s building boom of 1883 | Now & Then
- Best way to put some color in your garden this winter? Plant those early blooming bulbs now | Ciscoe Morris
- Out on the farm with Tom Douglas and Jackie Cross | Bethany Jean Clement
- Elderberries, granite, salal: Brewers turn into foragers, and now you can taste their creations | Happy Hour