The 20,320-foot mountain — the continent's tallest — was renamed "in recognition of the traditions of Alaska Natives and the strong support of the people of Alaska," the administration said.
- Three fallen firefighters honored and remembered
- 2 killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- Zion Prep shut doors after years of financial pressure
- Police investigate Central District shooting
- Potential early release of murderer angers Reichert, Prosecutor Satterberg
- Missing hiker found alive after 9 days lost in Sierra Nevada
The tourists in Winthrop disappeared when wildfires arrived in the region this month. With air quality better and the North Cascades Highway open, business owners can only hope.
Transportation costs and commute times have become an important factor in how income inequality plays out around the Puget Sound region, as those priced out of living close to job centers in Seattle and the Eastside pay instead with their time.
Can you put together the ultimate team? Try your hand at building the Seahawks’ roster for this season.
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76
- ‘Awakenings’ author, neurologist Oliver Sacks dies at 82
- Trump’s mass deportation idea was tried in the 1930s
- Walker says wall along Canadian border worth reviewing
- Activists say IS damages ancient temple in Syria’s Palmyra
- With Obama to visit nearby, Alaskan villagers struggle as their island disappears | Close-up
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory