Hillary Rodham Clinton seeks to preserve her lead over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. Three others — former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee, former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb — hope to get noticed.
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian
- Settlement reached in I-405 truck crash that killed woman calling for help
- Longtime Seattle merchants deal with relocation, relocation, relocation
- Woman convicted of killing 2 in DUI crash accused of drinking again
- Portland struggles with gang violence: 13 shootings in 2 weeks
- Evidence mounts for El Nino that could ease Calif. drought
The newest McMenamins opens to the public at 11 a.m. Thursday at the old Anderson School.
The parent donated to Alki Elementary — not his child’s school — because he wanted to send a message about funding. Meanwhile, parent groups at other schools plan to protest teacher reassignments.
Like many musical groups, the members of the Daana String Quartet share "the common goal of a unified sound" when rehearsing at the UW.
- 2 firefighters die saving 2 other lives in Kansas City blaze
- Confederate flag backers indicted in Ga confrontation
- Hunter survives 6 days without water in Australian Outback
- Ex-head of Chicago Public Schools expected to plead guilty
- Playboy magazine putting clothes on its playmates
- Tourists record great white shark devouring seal near Alcatraz
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“One of the starkest facts of mass shootings is that the killers are often young men. Yet we fail to analyze this fact or understand how masculinity is molded in America. ...”
Vernon Adams Jr., who has a broken finger on his throwing hand, may or may not play against the UW on Saturday, but while playing for Eastern Washington last year, he threw seven touchdown passes against the Huskies.