A new study shows that stormwater runoff from urban roadways is so poisonous to coho salmon that it can kill adult fish in as little as 2½ hours.
- McCarthy abruptly withdraws candidacy for House speaker
- U.S. airman who helped thwart French train attack is stabbed
- Prudhomme, chef who popularized Cajun food, dies
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- Russell Investments’ asset management arm sold for $1.15 billion
- Charges: Driver was drunk when she killed woman in White Center crosswalk
- Actor Randy Quaid ordered released; facing deportation
The state says it expects to spend $78 million extra on its own staff, consultants and road work because of tunnel-machine Bertha’s two-year delay, a letter to insurers says.
With general manager Jerry Dipoto taking over last week, Gwynn's departure isn't surprising. More changes could come in the areas of player development and pro and amateur scouting.
The owner of Ballard’s ‘Up’ house, who turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars and chose to stay put in her home until she died in 2008, remains a mystery.
- Oklahoma halts executions after using wrong drug on inmate
- Agents unearth $600,000 in backyard of armored truck driver
- Rupert Murdoch apologizes for ‘real black President’ tweet
- Sleeping Idaho hunter wakes up to black bear biting his head
- Video: Daughter interrupts general’s speech to welcome dad home
- Seattle, amid a tech boom, tries to keep its soul
Photo & Video
- Shaping a low-carbon future for state includes putting price on carbon | Guest columnist
- Perils of a climate skeptic for president | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
- Initiative 1366 will have negative impacts on health care | Letter to the editor
- It’s political war all the time in the U.S. | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Check out Seattle’s building boom of 1883 | Now & Then
- Best way to put some color in your garden this winter? Plant those early blooming bulbs now | Ciscoe Morris
- Out on the farm with Tom Douglas and Jackie Cross | Bethany Jean Clement
- Elderberries, granite, salal: Brewers turn into foragers, and now you can taste their creations | Happy Hour