The Seattle City Council on Monday voted 5-4 to reject giving up part of Occidental Avenue South to Chris Hansen so he can build a half-billion-dollar arena in Sodo.
- Brothers sought in Arlington slayings spotted in Mexico, investigators say
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that closed highway is about 20 percent done
- Seattle voters to decide $290 million housing levy
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent WATCH
- Boy who died near Big Four Ice Caves likely drowned in river
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
Days after Nooksack Judge Susan Alexander ruled against the tribal council, she was fired.
After saying earlier Germain Ifedi would play right tackle, coach Pete Carroll on Monday said the first-round pick will start out at right guard.
The Microsoft chief executive discusses Microsoft culture, the impact of artificial intelligence, the importance of education and other matters at an industry gathering.
- Bothell software maker Vertafore sold to 2 investment funds
- Weyerhaeuser will sell five pulp mills for $2.2 billion
- Perkins Coie to offer 15 percent discount to startups with female executives
- Alcoa won’t idle Ferndale smelter in June as planned
- Redmond startup raises $1.3 million to learn everything it can about your customers
- Donald Trump far behind in preparing for general election
- Q&A: Sanders’ long-shot bid to clinch Democratic nomination
- 3 planets orbiting dwarf star prime spots to search for life
- Woman arrested after calling man more than 300 times in one day
- Military tests unmanned ship designed for seafaring missions
- Q&A: When is a Boot on the Ground not a Boot on the Ground?
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- What’s needed in the next state lands commissioner: temperance | Editorial
- Our sick drug business | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- May Day protests: Police response is a standard for the nation; city overreacted in sending alert | Letter to the editor
- Washington’s cross-state trail needs support, money | Op-Ed
- Want to help your college? Give back and make a difference | Op-Ed