Alexandra McClintock’s world was shattered on Jan. 5 when two Green Berets came to her Tacoma home. Her husband, Matt, was killed in a firefight in Afghanistan. She’d have run out into busy traffic outside, but knew she had to keep going for Declan, their 7 ½-month-old son.
- Obama marks Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery
- Wildfire near Gorge under control; officials say Sasquatch! festivalgoers not at risk
- Seattle-based Great Pacific Seafoods shuts down
- Handful of races could flip political control of Legislature
- Elwha Dam remnants pose extreme risk to boaters and swimmers, park warns
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator …
- Use Alpine Lakes water to irrigate crops? Wilderness lovers wary
In 2016, Washingtonians searched for the correct spelling of this one word more than any other, according to a recent report from Google Trends.
As the cost of tuition and rent rises, so does the apparent popularity of "sugar daddy" sites among students.
- In 26 years on the streets, Seattle vice detective never forgot: 'These are human beings' WATCH
- Memorial Day community events for the Seattle area
- 5 Zillah orchard workers hit by gunshots likely meant for birds
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
- Marysville man dies in rollover near Index
- Mediterranean shipwreck survivors haunted by cries of kids
- AP-NORC Poll: Voters feel disconnected, helpless in 2016
- STORY REMOVED: BC-EU–Britain-Hawking-Trump
- Sky high: NYC ‘trophy apartment’ could list for $250 million
- Vigil called at Cincinnati Zoo in tribute to slain gorilla VIEW
- Afghan official says Taliban attacks killed 12 policemen
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Enlist the insurance industry in the fight against climate change | Op-Ed
- Why political rallies should be held at national cemeteries | Op-Ed
- Delusions of competence this election season | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- Paying to fight forest fires with forest-health funds is a disaster | Editorial
- Make all modes of transportation pay by the pound | Letter to the editor