Two people were killed by falling branches, and more than 463,000 were left without power as high winds swept through the Puget Sound region.
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
- Potential early release of murderer angers Reichert, Prosecutor Satterberg
- Privacy of women seeking abortions tested repeatedly
- 1 person injured in afternoon shooting in Pioneer Square
- Free college? Educators share lesson plans to make it happen
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
- If Seattle loses salmon, we also could lose city’s soul | Danny Westneat
The tourists in Winthrop disappeared when wildfires arrived in the region this month. With air quality better and the North Cascades Highway open, business owners can only hope.
Transportation costs and commute times have become an important factor in how income inequality plays out around the Puget Sound region, as those priced out of living close to job centers in Seattle and the Eastside pay instead with their time.
Steven Hauschka, who tied a team record with a 58-yard field goal last season against Carolina, boomed a 60-yard field goal with 13 seconds left to lift the Seahawks to a 16-15 win over the Chargers.
- Man charged with murder in ambush of Houston area deputy
- U.S. lags behind Russia, other nations in the Arctic
- Hungary court orders arrest of 4 men in migrant truck deaths
- Firstborn girls more likely to be overweight, study says
- More ID, bag checks on Europe’s trains after foiled attack
- Ignacio strengthens into Category 4 hurricane near Hawaii
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance