Politicians, labor activists and business executives across the U.S. have their eyes on Seattle City Hall as a vote draws closer on what could become a legal breakthrough establishing collective-bargaining rights for contract employees.
- Gov. Inslee takes climate-change campaign to Paris conference
- Vote to expand light rail next year could mean $500M for education
- Official says gunman made ‘no more baby parts’ comment
- WSP investigating death of pedestrian on I-5
- Suspected burglar dies in chimney after homeowner lights fire
- 4A football: Blake Gregory, Skyline knock off Jacob Eason and Lake Stevens
- Seattle’s Santa gets kicked to the curb in corporate takeover | Danny Westneat
Black students say universities must go beyond dialogue and take real action to bring substantial changes, including more faculty of color and more recruitment of black students.
Pacific Northwest Ballet’s new “Nutcracker,” designed by illustrator Ian Falconer with choreography by George Balanchine, is brighter and lighter, with a dazzling glass star by Dale Chihuly.
Russell Wilson, Thomas Rawls and Richard Sherman are among our players to watch for the Seattle Seahawks Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Syrian opposition: Russian strikes kill 18, wound dozens
- Images, analysis released of Cleveland officer shooting boy
- Tens of billions promised to boost clean energy tech
- In DC, public housing tenants forced out, then homes flipped
- Hike vs ride: Debate heats up over next Adirondack land buy
- Earth is a wilder, warmer place since last climate deal made
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU