Pregnant at age 19, feeling alone and helpless, Joyce McClain fell into a mental darkness. The darkness has lifted, with the help of Wellspring Family Services.
- An Uber union? Seattle could clear way for ride-app drivers
- Gov. Inslee takes climate-change campaign to Paris conference
- Vote to expand light rail next year could mean $500M for education
- Man dies after falling through ice on pond while skating with grandson
- Official says gunman made ‘no more baby parts’ comment
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Seattle’s Santa gets kicked to the curb in corporate takeover | Danny Westneat
Pacific Northwest Ballet’s new “Nutcracker,” designed by illustrator Ian Falconer with choreography by George Balanchine, is brighter and lighter, with a dazzling glass star by Dale Chihuly.
Black students say universities must go beyond dialogue and take real action to bring substantial changes, including more faculty of color and more recruitment of black students.
The Huskies have become a team coming of age before our very eyes, winning their last two games by a combined 80 points, including Friday’s 45-10 victory over Washington State at Husky Stadium.
- Good intentions won’t be enough in climate talks
- Researchers may have found Queen Nefertiti’s tomb within King Tut’s
- Road to robotic parking in U.S. is littered with faulty projects
- What to know about ‘BernieCare,’ Sanders’ health overhaul
- Carson after tour: Syrian refugees don’t want to come to US
- Pope heads to Central African Republic with peace message
Photo & Video
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again | Editorial
- Embracing the state’s young and homeless
- GMO and salmon: Public ignorance trumping science
- Syrian refugees and the luxury of First World problems | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Editorial notebook: Washington’s refugees and the kindness of strangers | Editorial notebook