Five bakeries in a two-block radius make Capitol Hill’s new pastry zone, but which one is best for your Valentine?
- Another Seattle tunnel drill (not Bertha) damaged, needs repair
- Assistant attorney general who advised on prisoner-release error resigns
- With FBI ring tightening, last Oregon occupiers give up
- Report: Boeing faces SEC probe of Dreamliner, 747 accounting
- State told to pay $8M for placing 2 girls in foster home with child molester
- Clinton, Sanders to debate at 6 tonight after splitting contests
- Depressed? A smoker? Blame your Neanderthal ancestry, UW study says
Scientists at Hanford and in Louisiana announce they have finally detected gravitational waves, the ripples in the fabric of space-time that Einstein predicted a century ago. Scientists likened the breakthrough to the moment Galileo took up a telescope to look at the planets.
Leah and Travis Wright of Pasco had never heard of Zika virus when their daughter, Isla, was born with microcephaly. But they say the global outbreak has inspired them to share their experience.
The tool is the latest among attention-getting efforts to display developments in artificial intelligence.
The Fund For The Needy
- Breakthrough: Scientists at Hanford detect Einstein-predicted ripples
- Massive gas leak near Los Angeles plugged after 16 weeks
- CDC ships Zika test for pregnant women; Puerto Rico at risk
- John Lewis on Sanders’ civil rights work: ‘Never saw him’
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Smithsonian giving visitors a virtual look inside Apollo 11
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- 7 romantic movies for Valentine’s Day
- Serious art in a tourist town: Friday Harbor’s small museum makes big impression | Art review
- ‘Where to Invade Next’: Michael Moore seeks greatness in other lands | Movie review
- EMP Museum’s battle of the bands ready to kick off
- 5th Ave’s musical ‘How to Succeed in Business’ is a smashing success
- State still obstinate on tribal rights; fix culverts to save salmon, now | Op-Ed
- The GOP created Donald Trump | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- Don’t change transgender law protecting bathroom choice | Editorial
- Casey Kasem’s daughter explains why family visitation rights matter | Op-Ed
- Solving homelessness: blame voters for underfunding; Legislature could help solve this issue | Letters to the editor