A little museum with big aspirations: The new San Juan Islands Museum of Art, built in a former emergency medical center, brings exhibitions of Goya and Ai Weiwei to Friday Harbor.
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault
- Fact check: Clinton, Sanders on health care, donors
- Delta pays $53M to local employees
- Pot products recalled for pesticides in Colorado, but not in Washington
- 2 students killed in shooting at Phoenix-area high school
- State told to pay $8M for placing 2 girls in foster home with child molester
- Driver admits to reaching 140 mph before I-5 crash
The 15th annual Sound Off! Battle of the Bands is under way at EMP Museum, with 12 bands competing in the semifinals on Feb. 13, 20 and 27 and finals on March 5.
This whimsical scene really quacked us up, despite the wet-weather forecast for Friday, the weekend and into next week.
A review of UW's 2014 recruiting class, Chris Petersen's first for the Huskies, reveals a surprisingly fruitful crop, led by star safety Budda Baker.
The Fund For The Needy
- Cruz app mines supporters’ data: Tracks movements, reads contacts
- Brazil minister says no doubt Zika connected to microcephaly
- Olympics president: 'No intention' by any countries to pull out over Zika
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV’s windshield, killing driver
- Obama moves to protect 1.8 million acres of Calif. desert
- Missing Canada man with amnesia to reunite with family after 30 years
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Use available tools to fight America’s opioid drug crisis | Editorial
- Casey Kasem’s daughter explains why family visitation rights matter | Op-Ed
- Don’t change transgender law protecting bathroom choice | Editorial
- Solving homelessness: blame voters for underfunding; Legislature could help solve this issue | Letters to the editor
- Bike-sharing is a neat amenity, but it’s not working in Seattle