Ray Bartoszek, the Connecticut businessman who tried to bring the NHL to Seattle, confirmed Monday that he’s interested in building a multi-purpose arena in Tukwila, but said it’s too early to talk about the NHL or NBA.
- With earthquake toll past 4,000, Nepal’s need for aid turns acute
- Local climbing outfits airlifted off Everest to ‘epicenter of disaster’
- Violence in Baltimore after thousands attend Freddie Gray funeral
- Complaints say Sawant’s housing meeting was actually ‘political rally’
- Man arrested for carrying golf club sues city, Seattle police
- ‘SPD is back’ — but after downtown sweep, so are drug dealers | Danny Westneat
Teacher Brady Olson is being hailed as a hero after tackling a student who fired two shots into the air at North Thurston High School.
Costco Wholesale has switched the sourcing of the extra virgin olive oil that goes into its Kirkland Signature two-liter bottle from Italy to Greece.
After the U.S. pulled out of Vietnam in 1975, Gov. Dan Evans welcomed refugees to Washington and gained a lifelong relationship with one family.
- How to help Nepal earthquake victims
- Study blames global warming for 75 percent of very hot days
- Teen who fought cancer treatment heads home from hospital
- Ohio students’ device to detect marijuana use by motorists
- U.S. vets come to Vietnam to confront past, and some decide to stay
- Texas storms bring band of tornadoes, damage to buildings
Photo & Video
- The unwavering belief in the American dream | Guest columnist
- Online, no one knows you’re a fraud | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- After the fall of Saigon: When Washington did the right thing for refugees | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Refugees face different challenges today during resettlement | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
Seattle Times Marketplace
If you’re not getting called for interviews, check for ‘fit’
D.R. Horton to buy Pacific Ridge Homes in Seattle-area expansion