Tensions borne from a federal court ruling over property taxes have threatened to divide picturesque La Conner and the neighboring Swinomish Indian Tribe.
- Restraining order had been issued before apparent murder-suicide
- GOP proposal to slash college tuition puts House, Senate at odds
- How the Affordable Care Act is measuring up
- Baby wounded in Kent drive-by shooting has died
- Seattle mayor announces plans to open 100-bed shelter
- Woman injured after car shot in Seattle
- Background checks in child placement needed, tribes say
- Mother told of alleged slap, Highline district says
Boeing is transforming its 737 plant in Renton with new automation as it prepares to ramp up production to the unprecedented rate of 52 jets per month, or even more.
An aerial sightseeing ride near Vancouver, B.C., gets everyone high up into the mountains for a taste of wilderness.
Follow along as the Mariners shoot for their second-straight win as well as the series victory against the Texas Rangers on Sunday at Safeco Field.
- Survivor: Smugglers locked hundreds in hold of capsized boat
- Video: Islamic State kills Ethiopian Christians in Libya
- Ohio officer praised for restraint, refused to shoot suspect
- Police: Seal or sea lion pup abducted from Los Angeles beach
- Actor Ben Powers, known for “Good Times” TV role, dies at 64
- Ceremonies mark liberation of 2 Nazi camps 70 years ago
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Ensure justice for all by protecting the legal rights of the poor | Guest columnists
- Legislature must move quickly on drought relief | Yakima Herald-Republic editorial
- Would someone tell the NRA ‘normal’ is gone for good? | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- When cultures shift | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
Seattle Times Marketplace
Marijuana jobs: Legal status brings budding careers to state
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk