A trick play — a double pass to the tight end — turns the tide in Washington’s favor. The victory was the Huskies’ first over a ranked opponent on the road since Sarkisian led the 2010 Huskies over No. 18 USC.
- Six dam workers injured in explosion in Grant County, 2 sent to Harborview
- Toxic road runoff kills coho salmon in hours, study finds
- McCarthy abruptly withdraws candidacy for House speaker
- Bird strike forces Delta plane to land at Sea-Tac
- Pump gas, get warning you’re harming the earth?
- U Village rumors fly that Amazon bookstore is coming
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
The idea for this growing startup came when three women happened to meet at a Seattle Storm game and later developed a fashion line.
The owner of Ballard’s ‘Up’ house, who turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars and chose to stay put in her home until she died in 2008, remains a mystery.
With general manager Jerry Dipoto taking over last week, Gwynn's departure isn't surprising. More changes could come in the areas of player development and pro and amateur scouting.
- Oklahoma halts executions after using wrong drug on inmate
- Rupert Murdoch apologizes for ‘real black President’ tweet
- Sleeping Idaho hunter wakes up to black bear biting his head
- N. Charleston reaches $6.5M settlement with family of man shot by cop
- Memphis voters elect first white mayor since 1991
- UN announces Libya unity government; 2 sides must OK names
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- We medicate our moods and are the worse for it | Guest columnist
- Jeb Bush’s tone-deaf rhetoric on violence | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Gun violence: Look to how we raise young boys; easy to blame mental illness | Letters to the editor
- Major League Baseball has a race problem | Editorial
- Check out Seattle’s building boom of 1883 | Now & Then
- Best way to put some color in your garden this winter? Plant those early blooming bulbs now | Ciscoe Morris
- Out on the farm with Tom Douglas and Jackie Cross | Bethany Jean Clement
- Elderberries, granite, salal: Brewers turn into foragers, and now you can taste their creations | Happy Hour