Northwest Folklife isn’t so much a folk festival anymore as a cultural showcase of practically everything. The festival got under way Friday and runs through Monday.
- 2 young boys suffer ‘significant’ injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- DSHS to pay $1.75 million in foster father molestation case
- Lynden fairground samples match strains of E. coli
- Calm urged as Olympia investigates police shootings of 2 men
- Sexual assault reported near UW campus
- This weekend, expect mild weather and a crush of travelers
- Felix Hernandez pitches Mariners to win over Blue Jays
One of the founding members of the Woodland Park Zoo’s gorilla family died Friday.
Underground house-music clubs aren’t just party palaces; they can serve as “sacred spaces” for people who don’t fit in or feel welcome at other venues.
Kansas City will employ any means necessary to escape CenturyLink Field with a result Saturday night when it takes on the Sounders for the first time this season.
- Coast Guard: Fire on Gulf oil platform; 28 workers evacuated
- Ex-con who worked for rich family arrested in their deaths
- TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct reports
- Adult dating site investigating breach of user data
- Dentist accused of running ‘house of horrors’ agrees to quit
- Clinton received sensitive info on private email account
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam