Closing arguments are under way in the aggravated murder trial of Christopher Monfort, who is accused of gunning down Seattle police Officer Timothy Brenton in 2009.
- State closing in on satellite-based control systems to avert train accidents
- Soccer officials arrested in Zurich, indicted in U.S.; World Cup votes probed
- Questions and answers regarding the FIFA arrests
- Licata questions size of mayor’s transportation levy request
- State auditor paid lawyers with stolen funds, prosecutors claim
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn’t know it
- Sounders take first place in Western Conference with 1-0 win over Rapids
More headliners have been added to the Marymoor Park Concert series, including the Decemberists, Alabama Shakes and Of Monsters and Men. The park concerts lineup already included acts such as Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss + Union Station.
Larry Stone: Rookie Carson Smith seems like a logical candidate to get a chance with Rodney throwing too many ulcer-inducing games.
Local officials and media toured Sound Transit’s new station, which will connect Westlake Station with Capitol Hill and Husky Stadium early next year.
- Newer types of birth control pills confirmed to raise blood-clot risk
- Pentagon: Military mistakenly shipped live anthrax samples
- AP sources: IRS believes identity thieves from Russia
- Study reveals flaws in gene testing; results often conflict
- Latest on flooding: Child’s body found; man’s body ID’d
- Molestation claim against Michael Jackson’s estate dismissed
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- U.S. moral authority tackles FIFA corruption | Editorial
- How to work with nature instead of against it to tame flooding rivers | Mark Higgins / Times editorial columnist
- To protect our climate, stop purchasing coal | Guest columnist
- State budget priority should be protecting the vulnerable | Guest columnist
“Shame on the WEA, and shame too on legislative Democrats who passively allow the WEA to disrupt K-12 education simply because it again has chosen to maximize its 'pay to play' status ...”