Leaders of Seattle Mayor Ed Murray’s panel on housing affordability rushed Tuesday to temper the group’s position after a draft report surfaced showing it is considering recommending doing away with single-family zoning in neighborhoods.
- At ice caves, Forest Service struggles to balance risk, tourism
- Seattle City Council president proposing tax on gun sales
- Relief from heat wave may be on way by weekend
- Cannabis, reefer, weed: 115 years of marijuana coverage
- State’s ‘beauty contest’ primary to return next year
- NTSB: Plane in deadly Alaska crash had safety technology
- Subway suspends ties with pitchman Jared Fogle after home searched
- NHL expansion now 3-stage process; first deadline is July 20
What is often called the lowest-elevation glacier in the lower 49 states is formed by avalanches off the steep north face of Big Four Mountain. Because of a lack of snow, the glacier is likely to shrink to its lowest volume in years.
Carli Lloyd has the marketing world at her feet after the U.S. women’s soccer team won the World Cup, but the team’s superstar must capitalize on her new glory before it fades.
A three-judge panel will decide the home for a 6-foot-statue known as Big Mountain Jesus after a lawyer representing a group of atheists asked for it to be removed from U.S. Forest Service property in Montana.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home
- Get rid of single-family zoning? These conversations shouldn’t be secret
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: No good choice for Seattle City Council District No. 6 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Sally Bagshaw in Seattle City Council District No. 7 | Editorial
- Bernie Sanders is a fighter not in the fray | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- U.S. World Cup victory ushers in a new era for women’s sports | Editorial
Tukwila group is the only one from the three Seattle-area groups to announce its intention to apply — so far.
- Absurd but true: Safeco Field fans love the Mariners’ hydro races
- Sounders rookie Cristian Roldan inconsistent in first shot at playmaking role
- Pregame lineups and notes: Taijuan Walker goes for his fifth straight win
- NBA souvenir swindlers told, ‘Drop those fake shorts!’ | Sideline Chatter | Dwight Perry