Ferry reservations make driving to the islands easier than ever. Here are treks to make the trip worthwhile.
- Gun in Marysville school shooting was sold despite check, court order
- Auditor’s office created job for his ex-associate, emails show
- Amid outbreaks, measles shots surge 27 percent in state
- Seattle sales tax goes up Wednesday to benefit Metro Transit
- Seattle congestion: We’re No. 5
- As Seattle wage law takes effect, city’s watchdog not up to speed
- Indiana governor wants changes to religious-objections law
The Seattle City Council on Monday voted to regulate up to three new tent encampments for as many as 100 homeless people each.
The Nature Conservancy has purchased 3,184 acres of Rayonier timberlands as part of a broader forest-restoration effort on the Olympic Peninsula.
Photo & Video
- An alternative for Yakima to comply with the Voting Rights Act without dividing the city | Guest columnist
- Understanding religious liberty and equality during the Indiana firestorm | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Signs of climate change upheaval abound in Western United States | Letter to the editor
- Legislature should keep simple tool to fight Medicaid fraud | Editorial
“We need to put the brakes on this runaway train with whatever tools we have, and that includes saying no to permitting exploratory drilling rigs. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
How your wardrobe can color your interview