The company will present Verdi’s “Nabucco,” which has never been done here, in some other “never-before” ways — giant projections, covered orchestra pit and musicians behind the singers.
- Wolverine fire near Lake Chelan grows, air quality at hazardous levels
- Obama’s power plant climate plan shifts to courts, states
- Seattle plans crackdown on hookah lounges
- Microsoft to invest $100 million in Uber
- Environmental concerns void Bothell development regulations
- Seattle may require drivers to clear road of cars after crash
- Delta says it’s banning shipment of hunting ‘trophies’
- Did city cave to UW on Rainier Square deal?
Here are daily impressions of Seahawks' training camp from Jayson Jenks and Bob Condotta, including items on Mohammed Seisay, Kevin Smith, Kristjan Sokoli, and more.
A man’s body was recovered about 150 yards offshore from Seward Park in Andrews Bay on Sunday. Witnesses said the 32-year-old man had gone into the water to take a swim.
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old’s death
- Officer’s killing occurred near area with history of crime
- Hunters in Africa say they have a role in conservation
- Senate blocks GOP bill to halt Planned Parenthood fed funds
- Party on, Abe: Illinois named top party school in the US
- Special Olympics athlete vanishes after another found safe
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
Wolverine fire brings smoke throughout area, threat to wilderness communities, and closure of part of Pacific Crest Trail.