As downtown Seattle prepares to kick off the holiday season Friday with its annual Christmas tree-lighting, there is major behind-the-scenes planning on how to handle a Black Lives Matter protest directed at the gathering.
- Students criticize WWU’s response to racially tinged threats
- Kitsap County hit hard by winds, power outages
- Election results certified; recount ahead for Seattle council race
- Chicago awaits more protests; video of officer charged with murder released
- Federal monitor praises SPD board that reviews use of force
- New wolf pack appears in Washington
- In presidential race, a steady diet of political whoppers | Danny Westneat
The state Department of Transportation is offering tips about when to travel this holiday weekend to avoid the worst of the worst traffic.
This season, use what’s close — recipes for a meal made with our region’s very best ingredients.
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch may be out up to 4-5 weeks, according to reports Tuesday night, one of which says he will have sports hernia surgery on Wednesday.
- Putin sends air-defense missiles to Syria to deter Turkey
- Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State
- Sandra becomes Category 2 hurricane in eastern Pacific
- Cheap gas revs up Thanksgiving travel
- Arrests made in shooting of 5 Black Lives Matter protesters in Minneapolis
- Police: Newborn left in Christmas nativity manger at church
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Donald Trump’s creeping fascism needs to be rejected | Editorial
- It’s time to accept that some athletes use wheelchairs | Guest columnist
- François Hollande’s risky war talk | Guest columnist
- Bring home grizzlies to the Cascades | Letter to the editor
- Tie Seattle Schools superintendent's pay to student outcomes | Editorial