Negotiations between the University of Washington and Seattle City Hall over redeveloping Rainier Square offer a rare look at the anatomy of a deal and raises the question: Did the city leave millions in affordable-housing fees on the table?
In two days, the Seahawks have made two major deals with star players, first with quarterback Russell Wilson and now with Wagner.
Seattle’s kindergartners start school less prepared in math than in reading or social skills. Brain research says that we are underestimating how much math kids that age can do.
Follow our live coverage as starter Hisashi Iwakuma and the Mariners look to fend off the Twins in the last matchup of their four-game series at Target Field in Minneapolis.
- Hitchhiking robot’s cross-country trip in US ends in Philly
- Biden taking steps toward 2016 run, supporters say
- Obama to require steeper emissions cuts from US power plants
- Challenger, Columbia wreckage on public display for 1st time
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Zimbabwe alleges 2nd American illegally hunted lion
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- A ‘Poldark’ costume to view by candlelight
- Any home remedies to take the sting out of a wasp attack? | The People's Pharmacy
- A downtown Seattle apartment is elevated with imagination, instinct and tough choices | Northwest Living
- Eastside Girl Scout troop reunites 20 years later, at camp | Nicole & Co.