The impassioned and largely peaceful Seattle Black Lives Matter protest stretched into the evening, with demonstrators marching through the downtown shopping district. Four protesters were arrested, and a police officer was injured.
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at Planned Parenthood
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Assaults on staff at Western State Hospital costing millions
- Man struck, injured by light-rail train at Columbia City
- ‘It wasn’t crazy’ at local malls as deals precede Black Friday
- Vote to expand light rail would benefit education, too
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough | Larry Stone
- Some turn to church, others try CrossFit
- Mr. Wrap’s cliché-ridden bowl-watching guide: It’s all about the ‘want to’ | The Wrap / Ron Judd
FYI Guy: More than 450 were replaced by homes triple the size, or bigger. Check out our before-and-after pictures.
Shopping for a TV? Here is a list of what you need to know about HD vs. 4K, ports for gadgets, streaming, refresh rate and all the various screens from curved to OLED to 3-D.
Meet the local designers and artisans who devised giant mice, flying reindeer and even digital snow for PNB's bold new production of 'The Nutcracker." Watch how the reindeer and mice come alive behind the scenes.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
There is little need to worry about North American salmon farmers growing and selling the newly approved GMO salmon . It would not be good business to risk such a product from such a vilified process (A GMO is a process, not a product, and it can produce either wonderful or worrisome products, each which...
- Editorial notebook: Washington’s refugees and the kindness of strangers | Editorial notebook
- How Charlie Brown became a Christmas tradition | Guest columnist
- When did Seattle drivers get so utterly obnoxious? | Guest columnist
- KPLU sale: News side was thriving; music lineup is dull
- A good deal for shoppers to keep kids safe from firearms | Editorial
- 3A football: Brandon Wellington and Eastside Catholic dominate Lakes in state semifinal
- 1 year later, Marysville-Pilchuck remembers postseason run while coping with shooting
- Seattle Seahawks’ Legion of Boom to be tested by Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Is Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch a Hall of Famer?