Northwest Folklife isn’t so much a folk festival anymore as a cultural showcase of practically everything. The festival got under way Friday and runs through Monday.
- 2 young boys suffer ‘significant’ injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Sexual assault reported near UW campus
- DSHS to pay $1.75 million in foster father molestation case
- Lynden fairground samples match strains of E. coli
- Calm urged as Olympia investigates police shootings of 2 men
- This weekend, expect mild weather and a crush of travelers
- Nina, Woodland Park’s oldest female gorilla, has died
Hernandez pitched seven innings, giving up just one run on four hits with two walks and eight strikeouts. He improved to 7-1 while lowering his earned-run average to 2.19.
Underground house-music clubs aren’t just party palaces; they can serve as “sacred spaces” for people who don’t fit in or feel welcome at other venues.
But when push sometimes literally comes to shove, Kansas City will employ any means necessary to escape CenturyLink Field with a result Saturday night when it takes on the Sounders for the first time this season.
- Coast Guard: Fire on Gulf oil platform; 28 workers evacuated
- Clinton received sensitive info on private email account
- Feds: Temple physics chair offered U.S. tech secrets to China
- Ex-con who worked for rich family arrested in their deaths
- TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct reports
- Adult dating site investigating breach of user data
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam