Climbers with local ties are stuck on Mount Everest after an avalanche triggered by Nepal’s massive earthquake slammed into a section of their base camp, killing at least 18, including a camp doctor working for a Seattle-based mountaineering company.
- 2 from Bellingham among those missing in Nepal; relative hears from Seattle hiker’s group
- Paul Allen bankrolls initiative to ban rare-species trafficking
- Plans to expand U District’s improvement zone raise fears
- One man dead, another critical after suspected drug overdose in Seattle park
- State lawmakers address sexual violence on campuses
- Clint Dempsey’s rebound goal earns Sounders 1-0 win over Portland
- End this pattern: Stop deporting people to places they never lived | Jerry Large
The neighborhoods with the most eastward commuters are among the city’s densest.
Residents at the Hearthstone retirement home at Seattle’s Green Lake enjoy the changing scene at their imaginary rooftop farm.
- Thousands expected at Monday’s funeral for Freddie Gray
- Clinton Foundation acknowledges mistakes in revealing donors
- Crews to continue search for survivors after regatta boats capsize
- Supreme Court prepares to hear arguments on same-sex marriage
- U.S. vets come to Vietnam to confront past, and find a home
- Ohio students’ device to detect marijuana use by motorists
Photo & Video
- The unwavering belief in the American dream | Guest columnist
- Online, no one knows you’re a fraud | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- When Washington did the right thing for refugees | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Refugees face different challenges today during resettlement | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
Seattle Times Marketplace
If you’re not getting called for interviews, check for “fit”
DOJ sues Quicken Loans over mortgage defaults