At least 24 homes and about four square miles have burned in a wildfire in the Wenatchee area.
- 2 SPD officers under internal review over video comments on de-escalation training
- Lawmakers release $16 billion transportation plan with 11.9-cent gas tax
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seattle mayor selects 3 sites for homeless encampments
- Detlef Schrempf tees off for kids | Nicole Brodeur's Names in Bold
Neighbors want the city to use its eminent-domain powers to take back a once-public beach.
The famous Ballard bungalow once owned by Edith Macefield is a symbol of anti-development in Seattle. As a bidding period opens shortly, it may finally relinquish its unlikely holdout against demolition or relocation.
- Greece closes banks; crisis threatens euro, strength of EU
- A world apart: 2 women with birthdates in 1800s still alive
- 2 dead after man sets self on fire on Japanese bullet train
- Man in wheelchair robs bank in New York, makes getaway
- Texas in a state of confusion over same-sex marriage
- Benghazi emails put focus on Clinton adviser
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Greece over the brink | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- The Times recommends: Julie Wise for King County Elections director | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Shelley Kloba for Kirkland City Council Position No. 2 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Ryan McIrvin for Renton City Council Position No. 4 | Editorial
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?