Washington, the nation’s largest sweet-cherry producer, accounts for 75 percent or more of the Northwest cherries. The association derives its figures from a staff of field representatives who communicate with growers and make periodic seasonal updates.
- Road-flare clue could lead to I-5 arson suspects
- ‘Historic’ tuition cuts cast state as campus trendsetter
- Education budget: Will it be enough to appease court?
- City to audit real-estate-development incentive program
- Wenatchee firefighters wary of July Fourth fireworks
- Boeing loses $1.3B South Korean tanker deal to Airbus
- Judge blasts plan to expand authority of SPD review board
The United States beat top-ranked Germany 2-0 to advance to Sunday’s title match at the Women’s World Cup.
The Coast Guard cutter Midgett returned to Seattle Tuesday morning after seizing 12,100 pounds of cocaine during a 71-day voyage along the coast of South America.
Young left-hander Mike Montgomery made a strong case to remain in the starting rotation Tuesday night as he tossed his second consecutive shutout — a one-hit gem — in the Mariners’ 5-0 win over the San Diego Padres.
- West and Russia duel over whether Srebrenica was a genocide
- Afghan official: 3 children killed by mortar while playing
- WWI US Army ‘I WANT YOU’ poster sold for $20K at NYC auction
- Food aid to Syrian refugees cut in half amid funding crisis
- U.S., Cuba agree to open embassies, restore diplomatic relations
- Tourism in Greece remains steady during debt crisis
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers
- WSP: Brush fires along I-5 near Marysville were likely arson
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: Leslie Harris for Seattle School Board District 6 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Lauren McGuire for Seattle School Board District 3 | Editorial
- Obama’s lonely road to the finish line | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Special-interest groups are given unfair priority over maritime industry | Letter to the editor