Rescuers responded Monday to two new migrant emergencies off Libya and a third boat ran aground near Greece following a weekend disaster that may have left hundreds dead. European leaders are under pressure to assist the surging number of people fleeing oppression in Africa and the Mideast.
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- State treasurer: time for ‘grand bargain’ that includes income tax
- Dispute between UW, student teachers heats up
- Jeb Bush raises super PAC cash in Seattle
- Steve Gordon, former Sonics special assistant, charged with federal wire fraud
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
- Seattle ranks No. 1 in conversion to credit unions | FYI Guy
- Michael Bennett not expected to attend as Seahawks begin voluntary workouts
The Seattle Times has won the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for breaking news for its coverage of the devastating landslide in Oso, Wash., which took 43 lives after a hillside above the Stillaguamish River collapsed and tore through the Steelhead Haven neighborhood at 60 mph.
Sunday marked the end of a dreadful ski season in the Northwest as Crystal Mountain Resort and Mt. Baker Ski Area closed until next winter.
Photo & Video
- Maybe income inequality is all about housing | Tracy Warner column
- Checking Charlie Hebdo’s privilege | Ross Douthat / Syndicated columnist
- Health care: Fairness for Medicaid patients | Letter to the editor
- Insurance carriers must provide better info on birth control | Editorial
Seattle Times Marketplace
Thousands of laid-off Target workers support each other online
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk