The U.S. Forest Service wants more controlled burns in Washington forests to make them resistant to summer wildfires. But rules administered by the state Department of Natural Resources have stymied efforts to step up the burns.
- Bertha: State sues — but even the lawsuit is delayed
- Amazon’s growing clout in cloud computing stirs questions
- Seattle teachers to be reassigned amid lower-than-expected enrollment
- Ore. gunman killed instructor who had corrected him days earlier
- Seattle burns through money on fire-station construction | Danny Westneat
- Obama raises cash in Seattle, says GOP is ‘down on America’
- Macy’s sells top 4 floors of downtown Seattle store
After his messy divorce with the Angels, you just knew Jerry Dipoto wasn’t going to have another incumbent manager foisted on him.
Gary Collins is a star on Scotland Yard’s Central Forensic Image Team, officers with "the gift" of keen facial recognition.
Hike to an old plane crash and spooky tunnels in Olympic Peninsula wilderness.
- Petition drive assures House vote to revive Ex-Im Bank
- Police: Trio used stolen gun to rob, kill 2 in California
- Anna Pump, chef and author, dies at 81
- Twitter layoffs expected soon
- US Border Patrol agent pleads not guilty in shooting of teen
- Charges dropped against Ron Paul’s former campaign manager
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“This,” says Roni Dean-Burren, “is what erasure looks like.” She’s talking about something you might otherwise have thought innocuous: a page from World Geography, a high-school textbook. A few days ago, you see, Dean-Burren, a former teacher and a doctoral candidate at the University of Houston, was texted a caption from that book by her...
- Check out Seattle’s building boom of 1883 | Now & Then
- Best way to put some color in your garden this winter? Plant those early blooming bulbs now | Ciscoe Morris
- Out on the farm with Tom Douglas and Jackie Cross | Bethany Jean Clement
- Elderberries, granite, salal: Brewers turn into foragers, and now you can taste their creations | Happy Hour
The Seattle Times Presents
Seattle Times Marketplace
Sales Position - Account Manager, Business Development
Evergreen Washelli Funeral Home
Inside Sales Coordinator / Project Manager
Continental Marketing Inc.
Patient Care Coordinator