The Seahawks have reached an agreement on a contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson. The contract is said to be a four-year extension worth $87.6 million, with a $31 million signing bonus and $60 million guaranteed.
- Chemical mix-up damages Boeing tanker
- Seattle’s scorching summer sizzles on: June red-hot, and July does it again
- ‘The Blob’ may warm Puget Sound’s waters, hurt marine life
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- High rate of homelessness among King County’s LGBTQ youth
- Independent money pours into Seattle City Council races
- Beijing awarded 2nd Olympic Games in 14 years
Cop killer Christopher Monfort was formally sentenced Thursday to life in prison for fatally ambushing Seattle police Officer Timothy Brenton on Halloween night 2009.
Instead of “After you. No, after you,” we have “Screw you!” as we encounter people who can’t see beyond their own electronics. Do you have sidewalk rage? Take the quiz.
The Mariners seem stuck in limbo with leadership that can’t fix a franchise missing from the playoffs for 14 years.
- HBO chief: ‘Game of Thrones’ could wrap after 3 more seasons
- Obama to restore college grants for some prison inmates
- In Miami, Clinton set to call for lifting Cuba embargo
- Woman gets probation for drowning puppy in airport toilet
- More than just Cecil; big troubles for king of the jungle
- Wing fragment wrapped and ready for French investigators
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- What City Council candidates think should be done about housing
- Again, The Times recommends Dave Somers for Snohomish County executive | Editorial
- Immigrants have grown Washington’s farm economy | Guest columnists
- Affordable housing plan: A smoke-screen from the HALA Committee | Letter to the editor