At Ivar’s Salmon House on Seattle's Lake Union, menu prices were raised 21 percent and routine tipping was eliminated after the restaurant decided to institute the city’s $15-an-hour minimum wage two years ahead of schedule. Since the change, wages for some workers have increased as much as 60 percent and revenue has soared.
- Man fatally shot in New Holly neighborhood
- Seattle’s scorching summer sizzles on
- ‘Blob’ may warm Puget Sound, hurt marine life
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project
- Woman found in duffel bag was last seen alive at Safeco Field stand
- Salmonella cases tied to pork jump to 90
- Lawsuit over lease for Shell Arctic drilling fleet rejected
The Seahawks have reached an agreement with the quarterback, said to be a four-year extension worth $87.6 million, with a $31 million signing bonus and $60 million guaranteed.
A list of air-conditioned indoor spaces — plus waterside escapes — for a weekend that may see record high temperatures.
Instead of “After you. No, after you,” we have “Screw you!” as we walk by people who can’t see beyond their electronics. Got sidewalk rage? Take the quiz.
- Former governor to lose pension based on a law he signed
- Suspected Jewish extremists burn Palestinian child to death
- Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M between 2007-14
- Zimbabwe: American lion killer’s extradition being sought
- Woman gets probation for drowning puppy in airport toilet
- Guillermo racing in Pacific, remains far from Hawaii
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- State transportation plan demands performance from WSDOT | Guest columnist
- Growth, crime are readers' top concerns ahead of primary elections
- Sold: National parks go to the highest corporate bidder
- Donald Trump simplifies the Republican platform and makes it easy to understand | Letter to the editor
- Eastside Girl Scout troop reunites 20 years later, at camp | Nicole & Co.
- Lift weights like an Olympian: You, too, can master the snatch, and the clean and jerk | Fit for Life
- Kuku, an Iranian omelet, is a tasty, healthy staple in Persian homes: You can make it, too | Taste
- 7 best ways to drink now: Tiki treats, 7-Eleven chic and more | Happy Hour
The Seattle Times Presents
Seattle Times Marketplace
Couriers and Shuttle Drivers - Dangerous Goods Agents - Handlers
Maintenance Technician I
Era Living, University House, Wallingford
Technical Inside Sales Representative