Italy's highest court has overturned the murder conviction against Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend, bringing to a definitive end the high-profile case.
- Judge orders jury to resume deliberations in bias case
- Co-pilot appeared healthy, but may have hidden illness
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County | FYI Guy
- House Dems: Raise $1.5 billion with taxes, but drop Inslee polluter plan
- Man charged in torture, killing of ex-girlfriend’s autistic son, 18
- HBO plans major expansion of Seattle office
- Mariners reliever David Rollins suspended 80 games after positive drug test
Studded-tire season is over, but the controversy never seems to end in the Northwest.
A months-long undercover operation ended Monday with the arrests of the Orion Motel’s managers, who are accused of providing cover to pimps and drug dealers who rent rooms there.
One program has won 11 national titles and the other hasn’t been to a Final Four, but hardly anybody figures the first team, which is UCLA, will win.
- Nearly 100 get food poisoning; officials won’t say from what
- Woman charged under new Colorado law in mom attack
- Magnitude-4.1 quake shakes central California; no damage
- University of Oklahoma: Racist chant was learned at national frat event
- German airline could face ‘unlimited’ damages for Alps crash
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- A modest proposal to restore local control of $40 million from No Child Left Behind waiver | Mark Mullet and Jamie Pedersen guest column
- Seattle can still lead in fossil-fuel divestment | Guest columnist
- Lawmakers should not fail state’s students | Editorial
- FDA must act now to prevent ‘superbug’ outbreaks | Editorial
“The professionals at the Woodland Park Zoo ... know what is best for the elephants. If I needed heart surgery, I would trust successful heart surgeons to help me make my health decisions.”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Trust is vital in the workplace — just ask a dog