The Puget Sound region celebrates the Fourth of July with parades, fireworks and plenty of sunny fun. Here are some views of the day’s events.
Mount St. Helens’ Crater Glacier continues to grow while most others around the world are shrinking.
The U.S. women’s national soccer team has been working for four years for the chance to erase the heartbreaking memory of its loss to Japan in the 2011 World Cup final.
Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
- Girl killed after being struck by jumping sturgeon in boat
- The Selfie Election: snap, share ... win?
- Diana Douglas, 1st wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Best-selling diet pill has history of misuse
- Tunisia imposes state of emergency after deadly beach attack
- Slain woman’s parents focused on healing, not sanctuary law
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
Thank heaven for little girls. So sang French actor Maurice Chevalier in a famous song celebrating “their little eyes so helpless and appealing” and the fact that “they grow up in the most delightful way.” Well, we are here to thank heaven for little Girl Scouts — and for former girl, Megan Ferland, CEO of...
- First Place Scholars charter school is charting a new course | Guest columnists
- Too many people crowding the great sights | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- A good bad deal on Iran’s nuclear program? | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
- A toddler’s death in a foxhole | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?
- Get rid of antibacterial soap and other unhealthy home products
- Answers to common questions about psychiatric medications
- Get out of the gym and into the park for your summer workouts | Fit for Life
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living