Northwest Wanderings: Scenes from a journey through our region. “We’re slamming iron together, not just looking at fish all day long,” says one diver.
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach, may be linked to missing women
- Monfort may address court at official sentencing
- Inslee: I’ll use my authority to impose cap on emissions
- Pedestrian struck by Ride the Ducks vehicle in downtown Seattle
- Ball back in justices’ court in state school-funding case
- Legal-advice site Avvo reels in $71.5M in new round
Hisashi Iwakuma takes the mound for the Mariners as they look to rebound from Monday's extra-innings loss at Safeco Field.
A cyclist's GoPro camera captured his collision with an SUV. Then, the driver sped off.
Tom Brady’s four-game suspension for his role in using underinflated footballs during the AFC championship game last season has been upheld.
Popular names — well, they just aren’t that popular anymore. Rankings of the top 10 baby names still come out each year, but the percentage of babies given one of those top names has been steadily shrinking over the past few decades.
When a former UW Husky football standout chose to heed a religious calling, the transformation brought some jarring insights into American culture.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The nation's respite from accelerating health care costs appears to be over. Spending on health care will outpace the nation's overall economic growth over the next decade, the government forecast on Tuesday, underscoring a coming challenge for the next president, not to mention taxpayers, businesses and individual Americans. A combination of expanded...
- Jail releases more footage of Sandra Bland before her death
- Boy who lost hands to infection gets double-hand transplant
- FDA approves stomach-filling balloon for weight loss
- Remains of 4 early colonial leaders discovered at Jamestown
- Northern California wildfire jumps line, forces evacuations
- Baby rhinos find new home at South Africa orphanage
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Undercover videos mislead, distort Planned Parenthood’s work | Guest columnist
- Looking away from abortion | Ross Douthat / Syndicated columnist
- How to reclaim Seattle’s shared spaces? Westlake Park a shining example | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
- Housing affordability: Where’s the evidence for the mayor’s housing plan? | Letter to the editor