What is often called the lowest-elevation glacier in the lower 49 states is formed by avalanches off the steep north face of Big Four Mountain. Because of a lack of snow, the glacier is likely to shrink to its lowest volume in years.
- Drop single-family zoning, Seattle housing panel considers | Danny Westneat
- Suspect arrested in slayings of two at Auburn park
- Relief from heat wave may be on way by weekend
- 115 years of marijuana coverage
- Seattle city building in Queen Anne to become emergency shelter for the homeless
- NTSB: Plane in deadly Alaska crash had safety technology
- Subway suspends ties with pitchman Jared Fogle after home searched
- Bill Cosby’s public moralizing was his undoing
Carli Lloyd has the marketing world at her feet after the U.S. women’s soccer team won the World Cup, but the team’s superstar must capitalize on her new glory before it fades.
A three-judge panel will decide the home for a 6-foot-statue known as Big Mountain Jesus after a lawyer representing a group of atheists asked for it to be removed from U.S. Forest Service property in Montana.
This is the live thread for Tuesday's game between the Mariners and Tigers from Safeco Field. Taijuan Walker (7-6, 4.34 ERA) looks to even the series for the M's, who face Detroit's Kyle Ryan (1-2, 4.55 ERA).
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: No good choice for Seattle City Council District No. 6 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Sally Bagshaw in Seattle City Council District No. 7 | Editorial
- Bernie Sanders is a fighter not in the fray | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- U.S. World Cup victory ushers in a new era for women’s sports | Editorial
Tukwila group is the only one from the three Seattle-area groups to announce its intention to apply — so far.
- Absurd but true: Safeco Field fans love the Mariners’ hydro races
- Sounders rookie Cristian Roldan inconsistent in first shot at playmaking role
- Pregame lineups and notes: Taijuan Walker goes for his fifth straight win
- NBA souvenir swindlers told, ‘Drop those fake shorts!’ | Sideline Chatter | Dwight Perry