Carli Lloyd netted the fastest hat trick in World Cup history, male or female.
- Canada’s smoke makes for Western Washington haze
- Fire crews attacking blazes in all parts of state
- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt
- Search called off for man missing after boats collide near Tacoma’s Point Defiance Park
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- UW’s plans for new computer-science building delayed by state-budget setback
In this hot, dry summer, even the Queets rain forest in Olympic National Park is burning. It’s a rare spectacle, but one that could become more common.
The store, open since 1977, is known for its vast collection of film literature and the welcoming spirit of its owner, Stephanie Ogle.
- Former AG Eric Holder returning to private law practice
- Obama heads to Pentagon for meetings on Islamic State
- 9-year-old loses hand while playing with fireworks in Boston
- Iraqi fighter jet drops bomb over Baghdad, kills 12 people
- Don’t twist that Oreo: Cookie gets skinny, ‘sophisticated’
- Mexican helicopter comes under fire, kills 6 near U.S. border
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: Vandana Slatter for Bellevue City Council Position No. 5 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Jennifer Robertson for Bellevue City Council Position No. 7 | Editorial
- The Girl Scouts’ inspiring example of moral courage | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Stand firm on nuke inspections | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?
- Deluxe doggy dining: Chefs’ recipes for canine cuisine
- Get rid of antibacterial soap and other unhealthy home products
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living
- Get out of the gym and into the park for your summer workouts | Fit for Life
Go beyond the Empress hotel, Butchart Gardens and other well-known sights in the British Columbia capital and explore lovely small museums, gardens and even a castle.