Marco Pappa scores for Sounders in 1-0 victory over Colorado. Seattle now has the best record in MLS.
- State closing in on satellite-based control systems to avert train accidents
- Licata questions size of mayor’s transportation levy request
- Prosecutor: Monfort ‘not normal’ but not insane
- State auditor paid lawyers with stolen funds, prosecutors claim
- Burgess, Godden struggle for support from legislative-district groups
- Two City Council candidates pitch Seattle-only, neighborhood rail plan | Politics Extra
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn’t know it
More headliners have been added to the Marymoor Park Concert series, including the Decemberists, Alabama Shakes and Of Monsters and Men. The park concerts lineup already included acts such as Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss + Union Station.
Larry Stone: Rookie Carson Smith seems like a logical candidate to get a chance with Rodney throwing too many ulcer-inducing games.
SUMMER GUIDE: Ideas to get you out on the water around Seattle, be it kayaking, sailing, or stand-up paddleboarding.
- Soccer scandal puts FIFA czar in spotlight
- Newer types of birth control pills confirmed to raise blood-clot risk
- Pentagon: Military mistakenly shipped live anthrax samples
- Food writer drowned during seizure, autopsy shows
- Study reveals flaws in gene testing; results often conflict
- Nebraska abolishes death penalty in landmark override vote
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- U.S. moral authority tackles FIFA corruption | Editorial
- How to work with nature instead of against it to tame flooding rivers | Mark Higgins / Times editorial columnist
- To protect our climate, stop purchasing coal | Guest columnist
- State budget priority should be protecting the vulnerable | Guest columnist
“Shame on the WEA, and shame too on legislative Democrats who passively allow the WEA to disrupt K-12 education simply because it again has chosen to maximize its 'pay to play' status ...”