‘Montage of Heck’ filmmaker Brett Morgen’s onstage discussion at EMP Wednesday had some heated moments.
- Starbucks offering free coffee due to computer glitch
- UW broke state open-meetings law 24 times, judge rules
- Woman punched by SPD cop while handcuffed files lawsuit
- Cash flowed to Clinton Foundation as Russians gained U.S. uranium assets
- Inslee signs overhaul of medical marijuana market
- Troy Kelley recall papers filed in court; hearing set
- Channeling Capt. Kirk: We’re on board with water plan, just one little suggestion | The Wrap / Ron Judd
Crooks and ne’er-do-wells, take cover: Jesse Jones, the Tacoma native who popularized the “Get Jesse” segment during a nine-year run at KING 5, returns to TV on KIRO 7 this month.
As global health efforts go, it’s not high-profile like the search for an Ebola vaccine or machines that turn human waste into drinking water. But this Seattle-based nonprofit is helping save lives in Kenya and elsewhere with highly realistic training sessions that prepare health-care workers to manage a childbirth emergency.
On Thursday, we listed our top 10 Seahawks draft picks in team history. We now review the bottom 10 — and yes, The Boz is somewhere on the list.
- Arizona sheriff’s re-election chances called into question
- 25 years of awe-inspiring Hubble space photos
- 15 escaped buffaloes shot, killed in New York
- Feds say ice cream safe to eat in wake of recalls
- Seattle group’s training program saves lives of moms and babies in Kenya
- Police: NYC airplane cleaner pocketed 1,429 liquor bottles
Photo & Video
- Refugees face different challenges today during resettlement | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Washington’s refugee experience, then and now | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Don’t use students as pawns in walkout | Editorial
- Beyond education wars | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
Seattle Times Marketplace
Workplace wellness: Are health programs good for business?
Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.65 percent