As downtown Seattle prepares to kick off the holiday season Friday with its annual Christmas tree-lighting, there is major behind-the-scenes planning on how to handle a Black Lives Matter protest directed at the gathering.
- Students criticize WWU’s response to racially tinged threats
- Kitsap County hit hard by winds, power outages
- For some new franchises, $15 an hour is not a problem
- Ads featuring Nazi imagery pulled from New York City subway
- New wolf pack in Washington
- Obama: No credible intelligence about plot against U.S.
- In presidential race, a steady diet of political half-truths | Danny Westneat
The state Department of Transportation is offering tips about when to travel this holiday weekend to avoid the worst of the worst traffic.
This season, use what’s close — recipes for a meal made with our region’s very best ingredients.
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch may be out up to 4-5 weeks, according to reports Tuesday night, one of which says he will have sports hernia surgery on Wednesday.
- Chicago awaits more protests; video of officer charged with murder released
- Putin sends air-defense missiles to Syria to deter Turkey
- U.N. weather agency: It’s record hot out there this year.
- Brussels schools reopen, manhunt ongoing for Paris suspects
- Nov. 25, 2015
- US stocks rise as holiday approaches; Deere gains on earns
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Reports: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch out four weeks, surgery set
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Donald Trump’s creeping fascism needs to be rejected | Editorial
- It’s time to accept that some athletes use wheelchairs | Guest columnist
- François Hollande’s risky war talk | Guest columnist
- Bring home grizzlies to the Cascades | Letter to the editor
- Tie Seattle Schools superintendent's pay to student outcomes | Editorial
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks' rise in NFL power rankings sets up top-10 showdown with Steelers
- Huskies’ secondary prepared for ‘fun’ challenge against Cougars’ potent passing attack
- Washington, Gonzaga renew acquaintances in men’s basketball in the Bahamas