At least 28 homes and about four square miles have burned in a wildfire in the Wenatchee area.
- 2 SPD officers under internal review over video comments
- Lawmakers release $16 billion transportation plan; has 11.9-cent gas tax
- Fred Hutch scientist gets $4.1 million for breast cancer research
- First Hill streetcars run another month behind
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle’s Pride parade
- U.S. stocks notch worst day of year as Greek crisis escalates
Neighbors want the city to use its eminent-domain powers to take back a once-public beach.
Morris, the son of the Sounders’ medical director, is a former club academy kid and is currently breaking his way into the regular rotation with the U.S. national team.
- Supreme Court upholds use of controversial execution drug
- Supreme Court rules Texas abortion clinics can remain open
- Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay marriage ruling
- California Legislature passes strict school vaccine bill
- Texas AG says state workers can deny licenses to gay couples
- NBC fires Donald Trump
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- 1,000 flee homes as wildfire quickly spreads in Wenatchee
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean score at CenturyLink | Concert review
- ‘Midnight’s Furies:’ roots of the deadly violence of the partition | Book review
- Seattle International Dance Festival finale promises prowess, wizardry | Dance review
- Olympic Music Fest opens with fanfare for its founder | Classical review
The public needs more, not less, information about the problematic Highway 99 tunnel project at this point. The state’s decision to disband a panel of experts reviewing the project is unsettling.
- Wash. Republican congressional delegation, stop Obamacare opposition | Editorial
- Rehabilitating teens may mean sealing juvenile records | Guest columnist
- Too many people still go to the ER | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Give maritime industry a fair hearing on Shell’s oil-rig lease | Editorial