At Ivar’s Salmon House on Seattle's Lake Union, menu prices were raised 21 percent and routine tipping was eliminated after the restaurant decided to institute the city’s $15-an-hour minimum wage two years ahead of schedule. Since the change, wages for some workers have increased as much as 60 percent and revenue has soared.
- Man fatally shot in Dunlap neighborhood
- Mason County wildfire destroys 1 home, burns several structures
- Scorching summer sizzles on
- ‘Blob’ may warm Puget Sound, hurt marine life
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond
- Judge rules Shell’s use of Seattle terminal didn’t require environmental review
- Woman found in duffel bag was last seen alive at Safeco Field stand
- Taijuan Walker cruises through Twins with one-hitter
For Seahawks fans, it couldn’t get much better than the news that Wilson had signed a four-year extension.
A list of air-conditioned indoor spaces — plus waterside escapes — for a weekend that may see record high temperatures.
Take a tour of one couple’s urban downsize, 850 square feet. The method here is, “everything counts.”
- Former governor to lose pension based on a law he signed
- Suspected Jewish extremists burn Palestinian child to death
- Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M between 2007-14
- Zimbabwe: American lion killer’s extradition being sought
- Woman gets probation for drowning puppy in airport toilet
- Guillermo racing in Pacific, remains far from Hawaii
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- State transportation plan demands performance from WSDOT | Guest columnist
- Growth, crime are readers' top concerns ahead of primary elections
- Sold: National parks go to the highest corporate bidder
- Donald Trump simplifies the Republican platform and makes it easy to understand | Letter to the editor
- Eastside Girl Scout troop reunites 20 years later, at camp | Nicole & Co.
- Lift weights like an Olympian: You, too, can master the snatch, and the clean and jerk | Fit for Life
- Kuku, an Iranian omelet, is a tasty, healthy staple in Persian homes: You can make it, too | Taste
- 7 best ways to drink now: Tiki treats, 7-Eleven chic and more | Happy Hour