One person was killed and four were injured in a partial collapse in the Big Four Ice Caves in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest Monday night, a sheriff's spokeswoman said.
- Median price for single-family homes hits $500,000 in King County
- Light rail in Ballard, West Seattle? Sound Transit plans expansion and public vote
- First sites, providers announced for city’s subsidized preschool program
- Gay cop creates ‘Safe Place’ on Capitol Hill
- Seattle parks are now smoke-free, but in name only
- China’s stock-market turmoil may shake more than investors
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
Mariners' pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma returns from the disabled list after being sidelined since April. The Mariners face off against the Tigers at 7:10 p.m.
Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
- SC Senate votes to remove flag from Statehouse grounds
- Obama: Fight against Islamic State progressing, but still a long slog
- Morning after: Greeks united, proud of their defiance
- Greece options hinge on willingness to bend
- Greece aims to sell rescue that eurozone leaders will buy
- Icy remnant of Boston’s brutal winter could outlast summer