Amid skepticism by some lawmakers, Gov. Jay Inslee makes a photo-op at UW Station, to insist on allowing Sound Transit the entire $15 billion it wants to send to the 2016 ballot.
- Former judge accused of slapping special-needs student on Highline bus
- ‘Cold welcome’ for Arctic drilling rig’s arrival
- As indicted Auditor Kelley plans leave, will he get paid?
- Machinists union cancels vote at Boeing’s South Carolina plant
- Un-bee-lievable: Truck spills 450 hives along I-5
- Man in Bonney Lake home kills wife, wounds friend before killing himself
- GOP proposal to slash college tuition puts House, Senate at odds
In two concerts, the decidedly nontraditional string ensembles will play a program ranging from Dvorak to John Lennon to Darius Milhaud.
Gov. Jay Inslee has signed a bill that will allow Washington to have more information than ever about geologic hazards that threaten communities.
Costco expected to pay almost nothing to two credit companies replacing American Express.
- Impact of election chatter on Facebook tricky to gauge
- Lawsuit seeks recognition of another Dalí creation: daughter
- Man who went on 9-day killing spree in 1977 denied parole
- Usher, Gwen Stefani among headliners for Earth Day rally
- 5 years on, empty graves, full hearts for Gulf survivors
- Caged puppies on car roof trigger dozens of 911 calls
Photo & Video
- Legislature must move quickly on drought relief | Yakima Herald-Republic editorial
- When cultures shift | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Conservatives need to accept supporters of gay marriage into the fold | S.E. Cupp column
- Legislature needs to pass oil-train safety bill | Editorial
- Don't blame the bees for the traffic jam, a new José Andrés restaurant, Meat & Bread opens
- This mess of collard greens is a fine mess indeed: cook some up | Taste
- Shovels up! Grooming hiking trails is a good deed and a good workout | Fit for Life
- At Rigoletto, service and food sing different tunes | Restaurant review
Seattle Times Marketplace
Marijuana jobs: Legal status brings budding careers to state
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk
Why you should wash salt from car; Arenacross at Tacoma Dome