Sleeping in the streets and shell-shocked, Nepalese cremated the dead and dug through rubble for the missing Sunday, a day after a massive Himalayan earthquake killed more than 2,200 people.
- Woodinville investor gives $20M to help 6,800 students get to college
- As Olympia budget talks go into OT, what could possibly change?
- Thousands attend emotional rally supporting teachers
- Hundreds of activists protest against new UW animal lab
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle | FYI Guy
- UW men’s crew sees long winning streak come to an end
- SPD is finally back after closing up shop | Danny Westneat
Six people are recovering from a three-way paired kidney exchange, the first in the Northwest, that took place at hospitals in Seattle and Portland.
Crooks and ne’er-do-wells, take cover: Jesse Jones, the Tacoma native who popularized the “Get Jesse” segment during a nine-year run at KING 5, returns to TV on KIRO 7 this month.
- Supreme Court prepares to hear arguments on same-sex marriage
- A look at 5 lawyers arguing same-sex marriage cases
- A dozen arrested as Freddie Gray protests turn violent
- Volkswagen chairman resigns after bid to oust CEO backfires
- On Hubble's 25th anniversary, a gallery of inspiring images
- More than 2,500 confirmed dead in Nepal earthquake
Photo & Video
- Refugees face different challenges today during resettlement | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Washington’s refugee experience, then and now | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Did Olympia learn anything from the recession? | Guest columnist
- What’s partisan about fact? | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
Seattle Times Marketplace
Workplace wellness: Are health programs good for business?
Don’t be frivolous with home refinancing cash-outs
Register to buy Miata; Mini debuts high-tech safety goggles