Counseling to work through a childhood trauma was the key to moving forward for a student now on a full scholarship in college.
- Seattle woman accused of altering cellphone records after fatal crash
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, a new dad, to give away most of his money
- Suit tests case for seizing $908,000 from indicted state Auditor Troy Kelley
- Coast Guard chopper hit by laser near Port Angeles
- Seattle renters face teardown blues, higher costs
- WWU police arrest student in racist-threats case
- Chicago mayor fires top cop over shooting video
- Starbucks pulls turkey sandwich from some stores on E. coli scare
In the Monday kickoff to the historic climate conference in Paris, Bill Gates unveiled a new role as a global recruiter for billionaires willing to push clean-energy ideas out of the lab and into the marketplace.
Three times a year, The Seattle Times honors the best athletes and coaches in Seattle-area high-school team sports. Meet all 47 of our fall 2015 selections.
A Seattle City Council vote to give up part of Occidental Avenue South to accommodate the possible 18,000- to 20,000-seat arena could take place in January.
- Key moments in case of teen fatally shot by Chicago cop
- U.S. sending new special ops force to fight ISIS
- For gays under ISIS rule, isolation and fear of a cruel death
- In slap at Obama, GOP-led House moves to block climate rule
- Los Angeles deputy describes rescuing baby buried alive
- In massive stranding, 337 whales beached on Chilean coast
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again | Editorial
- Children on the street slip through the cracks; state has misplaced priorities | Editorial
- Gov. Inslee can stop proposal to build nation’s largest oil-by-rail terminal | Guest columnists
- Response to homelessness emergency falls short
- Legislature needs to enable para-educators to do their jobs | Editorial