The co-pilot of the Germanwings jet barricaded himself in the cockpit and "intentionally" rammed the plane full speed into the French Alps, a prosecutor said.
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contractors benefits
- Life or death for convicted killer of 6 in Carnation?
- Senator invites state Auditor Troy Kelley to testify
- 3 drinks a day may raise risk of liver cancer; coffee may lower it
- After U.S. airstrikes, Iraqi troops try to take Tikrit from ISIS
- Ethan Stowell takes over Four Seasons Seattle restaurant
- It won’t be easy, but Russell Wilson extension will get done | Larry Stone
- Snohomish County considers new rules for pot businesses
Seattle's iconic Kingdome, the concrete multipurpose arena that dominated the southern end of the city's skyline, was reduced to a dust-choked pile of rubble on March 26, 15 years ago.
Seattle’s minimum-wage law kicks in April 1, but the largest employer in the city — the University of Washington — isn’t bumping up pay for its lowest-paid workers then, and it’s unclear whether it will have to follow the new law.
Barney, the Tacoma police dog hospitalized after ingesting methamphetamine during a narcotics investigation, died Wednesday night.
Seattle is home to historic landmarks, modern masterpieces and design flops, but how many can you recognize? Test your knowledge of Seattle architecture with this quiz.
Gonzaga rescued Eric McClellan after much deliberation, and though his saga seems far from complete, the circle closes a bit this week.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
Seattle Times Marketplace
Tips and tricks for avoiding retirement