A powerful earthquake shook Nepal on Saturday, killing nearly 1,400 people, collapsing houses and ancient temples and triggering a landslide on Mount Everest.
- UW broke state open-meetings law 24 times, judge rules
- Starbucks says stores open, computer glitch resolved
- Inslee signs overhaul of medical marijuana market
- Amazon, Microsoft shares soar as cloud business fuels profit
- Thousands attend emotional rally supporting teachers
- Bruce Jenner: My brain is more female than male
- Channeling Capt. Kirk: We’re on board with water plan, just one little suggestion | The Wrap / Ron Judd
Crooks and ne’er-do-wells, take cover: Jesse Jones, the Tacoma native who popularized the “Get Jesse” segment during a nine-year run at KING 5, returns to TV on KIRO 7 this month.
Inspired by lessons the coaches learned from rugby and working in concert with the Seahawks, UW began implementing a new technique that takes the head out of the tackle.
- Protests in Baltimore over man’s death in police custody
- Bill under debate would limit farm antibiotics in Oregon
- Love, cookies helped sisters lost in Michigan woods survive
- Sources: Brian Williams inquiry may include Tahrir Square
- U.S. unveils 6-year-old report on NSA surveillance
- A look at 5 lawyers arguing same-sex marriage cases
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Refugees face different challenges today during resettlement | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Washington’s refugee experience, then and now | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Don’t use students as pawns in walkout | Editorial
- Beyond education wars | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
Seattle Times Marketplace
Workplace wellness: Are health programs good for business?
Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.65 percent