Search-and-rescue teams are trying to gauge the conditions at the Snohomish County ice caves before they attempt to recover a hiker’s body.
- Relief from heat wave may be on way by weekend
- SurveyMonkey names ex-Microsoft exec Bill Veghte as CEO
- Median home price hits $500,000 in King County
- Paul Allen unveils sustainable seafood program for restaurants
- Seattle parks are now smoke-free, but in name only
- Bill Cosby admitted to drugs, sexual intentions in 2005
- Authorities raid home of Subway pitchman Jared Fogle
- Popular ice caves have long history of accidents, rescues
Jim Ritter, a gay officer with more than 30 years in the SPD, has started a campaign that politicians and others think is helping restore the security of Seattle’s gay community.
Go beyond the Empress hotel, Butchart Gardens and other well-known sights in the British Columbia capital and explore lovely small museums, gardens and even a castle.
Artist Dan Webb will spend July carving a Douglas fir, creating a sculpture gallery that changes nearly every day for the “Summer at SAM” series.
- The battle for control of the growing breast milk industry
- SF sheriff defends prior release of Mexican suspect in pier slaying
- NY expands ‘yes means yes’ policy to private colleges
- Hacker attacks gambling websites, demands Bitcoin ransom
- Report: Number of US heroin users rose 300,000 over a decade
- It was Bill Cosby’s moralizing that was his undoing
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- State should pass vaccine requirement for children | Editorial
- Why state Democrats held up a budget deal over I-1351 | Guest columnist
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future | Timothy Egan / Syndicated columnist
- Greek financial crisis: If you didn’t earn it, don’t spend it | Letter to the editor
On NBA front, Milwaukee Bucks president Peter Feigin told the state legislature’s Joint Finance Committee that unless a new $500-million arena is approved within weeks, the NBA has a deal to buy back the team at a $25 million profit and relocate to Seattle or Las Vegas.
- Video: Russell Wilson talks about faith, baseball, the last play of the Super Bowl — but not his contract
- Mariners’ Robinson Cano says stomach ailment has affected play
- Will women’s World Cup victory translate into sustained growth for U.S. pro league?
- Women’s World Cup final caps a weeklong U.S. celebration in Canada