To deal with what Jeff Bezos has referred to as “defects,” hundreds of workers at Amazon’s Kennewick customer-service center answer phone calls, reply to tweets and chat via video.
- State gave Boeing a free pass on $19.5M in sales tax
- No arrests in shooting outside Capitol Hill QFC; store limits weekend hours
- Frustrated groups want quicker action on Seattle police reforms
- Police: Man drove away from Seattle shooting before noticing he’d been hit
- Pete Carroll expects tight end Jimmy Graham back for 2016 season
- Climber dies in fall on Oregon’s Mount Jefferson
- Pope: There are bigger issues than condoms and HIV
The state system to deal with runaways had three chances to intervene this year for Brittany. But that system is a disjointed mess.
At first glance, losing tight end Jimmy Graham to a knee injury hurts the Seattle Seahawks’ inconsistent offense. But not having one of their biggest targets for the rest of the season also could help the team regain its offensive identity.
After the Seahawks inched above .500 for the first time this season, the national media had plenty to say about Seattle's 39-30 win over the Steelers.
- Earth is a wilder, warmer place since last climate deal made
- Testing finds no nuke-disaster radiation in Alaska seafood
- Kin of Robert Durst’s missing 1st wife file $100M lawsuit
- GOP’s strong words on Muslims incur little political cost
- Flight attendant charged with attacking crew, U.S. marshals
- Suspected burglar dies in chimney after homeowner lights fire
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Homeless youths, their trackers, running around in circles | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again | Editorial
- Gov. Inslee can stop proposal to build nation’s largest oil-by-rail terminal | Guest columnists
- Legislature needs to enable para-educators to do their jobs | Editorial
- Response to homelessness emergency falls short