The race is on by developers to get permits for Seattle towers because under rules to preserve views and daylight, the first big project OK’d on a block can force the next one to downsize.
- Apartment rents in King, Snohomish counties jump 5 percent in 3 months
- State law does not allow for fireworks ban, Gov. Inslee says
- $3M Queen Anne condo fire called accidental
- Suit filed in death of worker replacing Boeing 777 air bag
- Solar-powered plane lands in Hawaii after flight from Japan
- Yakima setting record for days over 100 degrees
- Undetected measles led to death of Clallam County woman in her 20s
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson | Larry Stone
- Hope Solo, other U.S. women’s soccer stars up for awards
The unusually hot temperatures could be perfect conditions for algal bloom to grow. The toxic scum can cause illness or death for people and animals.
Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
But as heat wave wears on, cooling units are flying off shelves | FYI Guy
- Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trump’s ‘idiocy’
- Ex-drug lab chemist may have tainted 10,000 cases
- IS says it destroyed archaeological pieces from Palmyra
- Who’s John Jay? Scholars urge new look at forgotten founder
- Same-sex couple in Mississippi goes to court to seek divorce
- U.N. rights group backs call for accountability in Gaza war
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Taking a lead on transgender rights: You go, Girl Scouts | Editorial
- Higher wages and paid sick days matter for everyone | Guest columnists
- Obama’s hot streak, American greatness worth celebrating this Fourth of July | Ann McFeatters / Syndicated columnist
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay | Guest columnist
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?
A generation of American women who grew up playing sports because of Title IX now makes up the television audience that advertisers covet. Today's adults were young, impressionable fans when Brandi Chastain ripped off her jersey to celebrate the winning penalty kick at the 1999 Women's World Cup, and even earlier when the buzz of...