Boeing is transforming its 737 plant in Renton with new automation as it prepares to ramp up production to the unprecedented rate of 52 jets per month, or even more.
- Rift between La Conner, Swinomish tribe ‘comes down to taxes’
- GOP proposal to slash college tuition puts House, Senate at odds
- How the Affordable Care Act is measuring up
- Baby wounded in Kent drive-by shooting has died
- Seattle mayor announces plans to open 100-bed shelter
- Restraining order had been issued before apparent murder-suicide
- Woman injured after car shot in Seattle
Fellow Democrats describe the indicted state auditor as an impressive but low-profile man they didn’t know very well.
An aerial sightseeing ride near Vancouver, B.C., gets everyone high up into the mountains for a taste of wilderness.
The exterior has been recovered in distinctive silver shakes from Reinke Shakes. The aluminum is 99 percent recycled, radiates heat and serves for 50-plus years.
- Survivor: Smugglers locked hundreds in hold of capsized boat
- Video: Islamic State kills Ethiopian Christians in Libya
- Ohio officer praised for restraint, refused to shoot suspect
- Police: Seal or sea lion pup abducted from Los Angeles beach
- Actor Ben Powers, known for “Good Times” TV role, dies at 64
- Ceremonies mark liberation of 2 Nazi camps 70 years ago
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Ensure justice for all by protecting the legal rights of the poor | Guest columnists
- Legislature must move quickly on drought relief | Yakima Herald-Republic editorial
- Would someone tell the NRA ‘normal’ is gone for good? | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- When cultures shift | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
Seattle Times Marketplace
Marijuana jobs: Legal status brings budding careers to state
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk