The front of tunnel-boring machine Bertha emerged from its deep access vault late Monday afternoon, after a trouble-free day of crane tests and hoisting.
- Rent hikes may be easing but the trend is still upward
- WSU study: ‘Exploding head syndrome’ more common than once thought
- Judges to revisit Algona case of child porn, Navy snooping
- Seattle City Council clears way for 3 new homeless camps
- Judge won’t delay Carnation killer’s penalty phase trial
- Seattle clarifies fine points of new minimum-wage law
- Chefs help Food Lifeline raise enough money for a million meals | Nicole Brodeur's Names in Bold
A visitor seeks the soundtrack of her college life — Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and more — with eat-and-drink detours into today’s trendy Emerald City.
A man who killed a Seattle teen during a drive-by shooting spree nearly two years ago was found guilty of manslaughter but avoided conviction on a murder charge.
Whale-watching crews spotted a new baby orca in the Salish Sea on Monday, marking the fourth documented southern-resident killer-whale birth in three months.
- 1 dead in shootout after men dressed as women ram NSA gate with car
- Police: Missing college soccer player was killed by car while on foot on Los Angeles freeway
- Jeb Bush praises Mike Pence for ‘religious freedom’ law
- Obama to make first visit to Kenya as president
- Police: Man who drank 36 beers crashes into Utah house
Photo & Video
“We need to put the brakes on this runaway train with whatever tools we have, and that includes saying no to permitting exploratory drilling rigs. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Little work experience? Here’s what to include on your resume