In what a top Microsoft exec says is a step that is “good for the people and good for business,” companies that provide contract workers to the software giant will have to provide 15 days of paid leave each year to those employees.
- Pilot locked out, co-pilot alone at controls sought to 'destroy' plane
- Life or death for convicted killer of 6 in Carnation?
- Auditor has long history with elusive figure in federal investigation
- $15 wage law may not affect Seattle’s biggest boss: UW
- 3 drinks a day may raise risk of liver cancer; coffee may lower it
- Ethan Stowell takes over Four Seasons Seattle restaurant
- It won’t be easy, but Russell Wilson extension will get done | Larry Stone
Morels emerge from scorched ground to prove that few misfortunes come entirely without redemption.
Seattle is home to historic landmarks, modern masterpieces and design flops, but how many can you recognize? Test your knowledge of Seattle architecture with this quiz.
Gonzaga rescued Eric McClellan, not without considerable deliberation, and though McClellan’s saga seems far from complete, the circle closes a bit this week.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“The professionals at the Woodland Park Zoo ... know what is best for the elephants. If I needed heart surgery, I would trust successful heart surgeons to help me make my health decisions.”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Tips and tricks for avoiding retirement