It will take more than 5,000 volunteers — about 80 percent of them from Washington state — to help host the Northwest’s first U.S. Open.
- 2 young boys suffer ‘significant’ injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- DSHS to pay $1.75 million in foster father molestation case
- Lynden fairground samples match strains of E. coli
- Video shows incident before Olympia PD shooting
- Yes or no? Ireland decides whether to legalize gay marriage
- Nina, Woodland Park’s oldest female gorilla, has died
- Felix Hernandez pitches Mariners to win over Blue Jays
Northwest Folklife isn’t so much a folk festival anymore, but a cultural showcase of practically everything.
Melany Vorass Herrera shows you how with her book ‘The Front Yard Forager.’
Underground house-music clubs aren’t just party palaces; they can serve as “sacred spaces” for people who don’t fit in or feel welcome at other venues.
- Inquiry into GM ignition defect said to find criminal wrongdoing
- Islamic State loyalists claim Saudi mosque attack
- DC authorities: Ex-con had help in wealthy family’s slaying
- TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct reports
- Dentist accused of running ‘house of horrors’ agrees to quit
- Las Vegas feels magnitude-4.8 earthquake 100 miles away