At least 15 officers were hurt, including six who were hospitalized, police said. There were 144 vehicle fires, 15 structure fires and nearly 200 arrests.
- Several Washington residents missing in Nepal; others rescued, ‘happy to be alive’
- Deep part of Cascadia fault is so slippery that sun, moon trigger tremors
- Seattle home-price gains pick up speed
- Sheriff fires sergeant for offensive texts to other deputies
- Complaints liken Sawant event on cost of housing to ‘political rally’
- Jury awards $3.5M in ‘take-home’ asbestos case
- Supreme Court to hear historic same-sex marriage arguments
A South Seattle College student who dropped out of school at age 14 has won national accolades for his academic work.
Last year the city’s Landmarks Preservation Board designated the house a Seattle landmark. It is also on state and national registries.
The Connecticut businessman who tried to bring the Phoenix Coyotes to Seattle confirmed Monday that he’s interested in building a multi-purpose arena in Tukwila.
- In quake-hit Nepal, rescuers struggle to recover the dead
- How to help Nepal earthquake victims
- National Guard called in to keep the peace in Baltimore
- California teen confesses to fatally stabbing 9-year-old boy
- New things we learned about Colorado theater shooting
- Enola Gay co-pilot’s flight logs, Hiroshima plans for sale
Photo & Video
- Advice for refugees: Keep the family together, learn English and get a job | Guest columnist
- Testing can tell if students need help before college and career | Guest columnists
- Zoo elephants: An example of failed city leadership | Letter to the editor
- The FCC could rob Peter to pay Paul: wireless carriers | Editorial
Seattle Times Marketplace
Interview red flags to help you avoid a bad boss
Seattle City Council approves new, larger business improvement area for University District