A plane from Atlanta that skidded off a runway while landing in driving snow at LaGuardia Airport did not make contact with an icy bay but instead came to rest on an embankment next to the water.
- King County home prices up 6 percent from a year ago
- Urban League president will run for Seattle City Council, challenge Sawant
- MOD Pizza raises $40 million to boost growth
- Seattle City Council won’t block elephants’ move to Oklahoma
- Explore this: Seattle’s new political district map | FYI Guy
- Nelson Cruz hits 2-run HR in first game for M's | Live game thread
Live scores, photos and videos from the Tacoma Dome
Follow our full-court coverage of the state boys and girls basketball tournaments from the Tacoma Dome. We'll have live scores, photos and videos and more.
One person was killed and two were severely injured in a three-vehicle collision north of Orondo. The 43 students on the bus are being checked at a Wenatchee hospital.
At last count, 780 micro-housing units were cleared for occupancy in Seattle, with another 1,598 units in the pipeline. No other American city comes close.
State transportation officials say the broken tunnel machine Bertha reached a stopping point inside the rescue pit late Tuesday, clearing the way for workers to start the disassembly process.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- A disturbing trend of drowning out opposition in King County | Editorial
- Little Saigon is facing decline — change should come from within | Thanh Tan / Times editorial columnist
- Obama administration should live up to hyped transparency | Editorial
- State should partner with tribes on legalized marijuana | Mark Higgins / Times editorial columnist
Seattle Times Marketplace
How to succeed at a job you’re not qualified for