In this hot, dry summer, even the Queets rain forest in Olympic National Park is burning. It’s a rare spectacle, but one that could become more common.
- New Spokane NAACP head wants to repair damage, move forward
- Authorities looking for white pickup in connection to Wenatchee fire
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- UW’s plans for new computer-science building delayed by state-budget setback
- Search called off for man missing after boats collide near Tacoma’s Point Defiance Park
From near heartbreak to pure elation, relive the top five moments of the U.S. women's remarkable journey through the 2015 Women's World Cup.
The store, open since 1977, is known for its vast collection of film literature and the welcoming spirit of its owner, Stephanie Ogle.
- Morning after: Greeks united, proud of their defiance
- Iran pushes for end to arms embargo in nuke deal
- Nigerian military frees 180 Boko Haram suspects, some babies
- Former AG Eric Holder returning to private law practice
- Obama heads to Pentagon for meetings on Islamic State
- 9-year-old loses hand while playing with fireworks in Boston
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: Vandana Slatter for Bellevue City Council Position No. 5 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Jennifer Robertson for Bellevue City Council Position No. 7 | Editorial
- The Girl Scouts’ inspiring example of moral courage | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Stand firm on nuke inspections | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist
- Deluxe doggy dining: Chefs’ recipes for canine cuisine
- Get rid of antibacterial soap and other unhealthy home products
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living
- Get out of the gym and into the park for your summer workouts | Fit for Life