It will take more than 5,000 volunteers — about 80 percent of them from Washington state — to help host the Northwest’s first U.S. Open.
- 2 young boys suffer ‘significant’ injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- DSHS to pay $1.75 million in foster father molestation case
- Lynden fairground samples match strains of E. coli
- Video shows incident before Olympia PD shooting
- Sexual assault reported near UW campus
- Nina, Woodland Park’s oldest female gorilla, has died
- Felix Hernandez pitches Mariners to win over Blue Jays
Northwest Folklife isn’t so much a folk festival anymore, but a cultural showcase of practically everything. The festival got under way Friday, May 22, and runs through Monday, May 25.
Underground house-music clubs aren’t just party palaces; they can serve as “sacred spaces” for people who don’t fit in or feel welcome at other venues.
Melany Vorass Herrera shows you how with her book ‘The Front Yard Forager.’
- DC authorities: Ex-con had help in wealthy family’s slaying
- TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct reports
- Dentist accused of running ‘house of horrors’ agrees to quit
- Inquiry into GM ignition defect said to find criminal wrongdoing
- Las Vegas feels magnitude-4.8 earthquake 100 miles away
- CANNES WATCH: ‘Arabian Nights’ canine named Cannes’ top dog
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam