A federal investigation has found patterns of racial bias in the Ferguson police department and at the municipal jail and court. The full report, to be publicly released Wednesday, says Ferguson officers disproportionately used excessive force against blacks and too often charged them with petty offenses.
- Senate OKs transportation package, boost in gas tax
- Netanyahu assails Iran nuclear talks to Congress
- Violent sex offender charged in Skyway rape
- Four words could imperil the Affordable Care Act
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: ‘He just doesn’t trust a lot of people’
- ‘Abundant March sunshine’ likely to keep Seattle dry into next week
Rep. Melanie Stambaugh, 24, who works as a confidence coach, is bent on leveraging her age and self-assured nature toward improving the state’s education system — and not letting her youth become a sideshow.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray announced his comprehensive transit plan but said it’s time to stop trying to make every street work for every mode.
- Justice Department: Ex-CIA chief Petraeus to plead guilty to mishandling classified materials
- Agents target industry helping Chinese women have U.S. babies
- India orders TV stations not to give rapist a platform
- Clinton may have violated federal rules with emails
- Toronto Police: Men built mystery tunnel to use as man cave
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“As a retired property-owner with a fixed income, I see my purchasing power shrink every year. Lifting the 1 percent cap on property taxes just speeds the day I’m forced to sell and leave my home. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Making the most of your engineering internship