SUMMER GUIDE: Ideas to get you out on the water around Seattle, be it kayaking, sailing, or stand-up paddleboarding.
- Soccer officials arrested in Zurich, indicted in U.S.; World Cup votes probed
- State auditor paid lawyers with stolen funds, prosecutors claim
- Prosecutor: Monfort ‘not normal’ but not insane
- Burgess, Godden struggle for support from legislative-district groups
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade | FYI Guy
- Hutch opens cancer research center — 9,000 miles away
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn’t know it
More headliners have been added to the Marymoor Park Concert series, including the Decemberists, Alabama Shakes and Of Monsters and Men. The park concerts lineup already included acts such as Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss + Union Station.
The Mariners slugger delivered once again with a three-run homer off Rays closer Brad Boxberger that lifted them to a 3-0 win. Starter Felix Hernandez pitched his second shutout of the season, and the Mariners improved to 23-23.
Local officials and media toured Sound Transit’s new station, which will connect Westlake Station with Capitol Hill and Husky Stadium early next year.
- AP sources: IRS believes identity thieves from Russia
- Pentagon: Military mistakenly shipped live anthrax samples
- Molestation claim against Michael Jackson’s estate dismissed
- Nebraska abolishes death penalty in landmark override vote
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- Black widow spider crawls out of bag of grapes, bites woman
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- U.S. moral authority tackles FIFA corruption | Editorial
- How to work with nature instead of against it to tame flooding rivers | Mark Higgins / Times editorial columnist
- To protect our climate, stop purchasing coal | Guest columnist
- State budget priority should be protecting the vulnerable | Guest columnist
“Shame on the WEA, and shame too on legislative Democrats who passively allow the WEA to disrupt K-12 education simply because it again has chosen to maximize its 'pay to play' status ...”