An Erickson Air-Crane fills up with more than 2,000 gallons of water to fight the First Creek fire.
- Families can cash out of GET, state’s prepaid college-tuition plan
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over grocery deal
- 1,400-page report on Marysville school shooting can’t nail down motive
- Seattle police release video of suspects in attack on tourists
- Golf-club arrest: Chief faces heat whether cop fired or not
- Hundreds of kids tested after infection scare at Seattle Children’s
- Wet, cooler weather expected in Seattle, snow in mountains
- Uber’s ride getting a bit bumpier | Danny Westneat
Matt Calkins, in his first column for The Seattle Times, explains why he left his SoCal slice of heaven and came to the Pacific Northwest.
Cars, trucks and buses now take priority over boats from 7 to 9 a.m. and from 4 to 6 p.m. on the Ballard, Fremont and University bridges. SDOT says those hours no longer reflect the commuting rush hours.
Auditions were held Monday for George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker.”
- Kentucky clerk, once a local fixture, now a national symbol
- Obama becomes tourist-in-chief as he knocks sites off his bucket list
- Man and officer wounded, dog killed in police address mix-up
- Trump, Macklemore among guests on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Hiker lost 9 days in forest says she regrets leaving group
- Southwest flight diverted after several passengers become disorderly
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn’t far behind | FYI Guy
- ‘Don’t fear the potato’: Gnocchi pro Lisa Nakamura is here to help | Taste
- Generosity may be a ‘magic pill’ for happiness and longevity
- This contemporary urban cabin serves its athletic owners for rest and play | Northwest Living