Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant was rebuffed Monday in her attempt to fast-track legislation that would send Woodland Park Zoo’s two elephants to a California sanctuary.
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- State treasurer calls for income tax to help fund education
- Seahawks GM John Schneider, family tackle autism
- Dispute between UW, student teachers heats up
- Get ready for a long, slow summer of highway work
- Test-tampering probe: $25,000, but no end in sight
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
- Steve Gordon, Sonics special assistant, charged with federal wire fraud
Anger at big banks may have subsided, but credit unions are still gaining in the Seattle area
The Seattle Times has been awarded the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for breaking news for its coverage of the devastating landslide in Oso, Wash., which took 43 lives after a hillside above the Stillaguamish River collapsed and tore through the Steelhead Haven neighborhood at 60 mph.
Sunday marked the end of a dreadful ski season in the Northwest as Crystal Mountain Resort and Mt. Baker Ski Area closed until next winter.
Photo & Video
Seattle Times Marketplace
Thousands of laid-off Target workers support each other online
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk
Hyundai sends a message to space; Ward's names best interiors