Tens of thousands of people prepared to spend the night in the open under a chilly and thundery sky after a powerful earthquake shook Nepal on Saturday, killing more than 1,180 people and collapsing modern houses and centuries-old temples.
- UW broke state open-meetings law 24 times, judge rules
- Starbucks says stores open, computer glitch resolved
- Inslee signs overhaul of medical marijuana market
- Amazon, Microsoft shares soar as cloud business fuels profit
- Seattle schools to expand English language services after critical review
- Bruce Jenner: My brain is more female than male
- Channeling Capt. Kirk: We’re on board with water plan, just one little suggestion | The Wrap / Ron Judd
A Seattle-based nonprofit is helping save lives in Kenya and elsewhere with highly realistic training sessions that prepare health-care workers to manage a childbirth emergency.
Crooks and ne’er-do-wells, take cover: Jesse Jones, the Tacoma native who popularized the “Get Jesse” segment during a nine-year run at KING 5, returns to TV on KIRO 7 this month.
- Comcast’s cash, swagger failed to sell Congress on deal
- Sources: Brian Williams inquiry may include Tahrir Square
- Flight runs into pressurization issues, passengers evaluated
- Italian authorities: Terror suspects planned Vatican attack
- Police arrest man over drone landing at Japan PM office
- 10 dead, more missing in quake-triggered Everest avalanche
Photo & Video
- Refugees face different challenges today during resettlement | Seeking refuge: 40 years after the fall of Saigon
- Washington’s refugee experience, then and now | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Don’t use students as pawns in walkout | Editorial
- Beyond education wars | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
Seattle Times Marketplace
Workplace wellness: Are health programs good for business?
Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.65 percent