Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
- Seattle man charged with murder, terrorism in New Jersey
- 1 killed in Central District shooting
- Seattle fire crews scramble to apartment fire in Queen Anne
- Suit filed in death of worker replacing Boeing 777 air bag
- Bank robber back at it right after prison release, charges say
- Cuddling with chickens not advised: 6 sick in Washington with salmonella
The unusually warm temperatures could be perfect conditions for toxic algae to grow in area lakes.
A list of air-conditioned indoor spaces — plus waterside escapes — for a weekend that may see record high temperatures.
- BP settles, agrees to pay $18.7 billion for oil spill
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker jumps into presidential race
- Obama draws sharp contrasts with ‘mean’ Republicans
- US drone strike kills Islamic State leader
- Brain-eating amoeba kills California woman, health officials say
- Jim Webb, Iraq war critic in Senate, running for president
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Higher wages and paid sick days matter for everyone | Guest columnists
- Obama’s hot streak, American greatness worth celebrating this Fourth of July | Ann McFeatters / Syndicated columnist
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay | Guest columnist
- The Times recommends: Rob Johnson for Seattle City Council Position 4 | Editorial
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?