The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has decided to keep the viaduct open to traffic during the delicate operation, which might take place as soon as Monday.
- $45,000 a week? Local U.S. Open neighbors hope so
- Record year for applications to state’s universities
- Carnation family’s killer expected to testify in trial’s penalty phase
- Shoreline Community College to offer full-ride scholarships
- Arab League unveils joint military force amid Yemen crisis
- Tax breaks for employers, but low wages for workers
- Best gift to a kid is a helping hand | Jerry Large
Record numbers of sea lions are gathering in the Lower Columbia river this spring, intensifying the long-running challenge to protect salmon runs.
It’s easy to escape the crowds at off-the-beaten-track places around the islands and see some of Hawaii’s heritage. Here are three places, rich in beauty, on the islands of Oahu, Kauai and Molokai.
For 35 minutes, Gonzaga was so close to its first Final Four appearance. Then came a season-ending offensive drought, something the Zags had rarely experienced.
Photo & Video
“The professionals at the Woodland Park Zoo ... know what is best for the elephants. If I needed heart surgery, I would trust successful heart surgeons to help me make my health decisions.”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Trust is vital in the workplace — just ask a dog