The unusually hot temperatures could be perfect conditions for toxic algae to grow in area lakes. Toxic blooms can cause illness or even death for people and animals.
- Apartment rents in King, Snohomish counties jump 5 percent in 3 months
- Seattle man charged with murder, terrorism in New Jersey
- Undetected measles led to death of Clallam County woman in her 20s
- Man killed in Central District shooting
- Everett-based sailor sentenced to 6 months for hate-crime attack on cabbie
- Suit filed in death of worker replacing Boeing 777 air bag
- State law does not allow for fireworks ban, Gov. Inslee says
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson | Larry Stone
The race is on by developers to get permits for Seattle towers because under rules to preserve views and daylight, the first big project OK’d on a block can force the next one to downsize.
But as heat wave wears on, cooling units are flying off shelves | FYI Guy
- Hispanic leaders say Republican Party must condemn Trump
- BP settles, agrees to pay $18.7 billion for oil spill that affected five states
- Ex-drug lab chemist may have tainted 10,000 cases
- Wine ice cream, maple water: 5 foods of the future?
- Military recruits still not using American-made sneakers
- IS says it destroyed archaeological pieces from Palmyra
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Taking a lead on transgender rights: You go, Girl Scouts | Editorial
- Higher wages and paid sick days matter for everyone | Guest columnists
- Obama’s hot streak, American greatness worth celebrating this Fourth of July | Ann McFeatters / Syndicated columnist
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay | Guest columnist
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?
Average price is $397 a night, says a Bloomberg survey, with hotel prices driven by tech boom, lack of new hotels.