Rep. Melanie Stambaugh, 24, who works as a self-esteem coach, is bent on leveraging her age and self-assured nature toward improving the state’s education system — and not letting her youth become a sideshow.
- Senate OKs transportation package, boost in gas tax
- Elephants shouldn't go to Oklahoma zoo, protesters say
- Bellevue chooses Texas man to be police chief
- Violent sex offender charged in Skyway rape
- Every street can’t handle every use, mayor says
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
- Netanyahu using US Congress speech to assail Iran talks
The Supreme Court will hear arguments on Wednesday. Health coverage for more than 6 million Americans hangs in the balance.
As authorities evacuated thousands of people, a tourist said, "It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen."
The hope is that the left fielder finally had his breakthrough in the second half of last year.
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“As a retired property-owner with a fixed income, I see my purchasing power shrink every year. Lifting the 1 percent cap on property taxes just speeds the day I’m forced to sell and leave my home. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Making the most of your engineering internship