Washington state’s new distracted-driving law goes into effect Sunday. Here’s what you need to know to avoid a ticket.
- Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary
- Downtown Seattle’s construction boom surges to new record, with no end in sight
- Blame flies as Washington Legislature adjourns 3rd special session
- Veterans and Human Services levy sent to November ballot: twice as big, more money for affordable housing
- King County sheriff to lobby for body cameras
- Port of Seattle commission races: a look at the 15 candidates vying for 3 spots VIEW
- Only a quarter of Washington school-board races are contested
The Seattle Reign women’s soccer team has a new tool to help in player conditioning. It’s among a dozen teams piloting Microsoft’s Sports Performance Platform, a data monitoring and analytics program that officially launched last month.
If you like Beyoncé, Sam Smith, Odesza, The xx or Kendrick Lamar, you might like these similarly themed musicians.
A survey ship used sonar to find the Destination in some 250 feet of water at the bottom of the Bering Sea, off the coast of Alaska.
- Seattle police are writing fewer jaywalking tickets, but high rate still issued to black pedestrians | FYI Guy
- Crisis pregnancy centers must post disclaimers stating ‘Not a health care facility’ under King County rule
- Washington state to kill more wolves to protect livestock WATCH
- Seattle man accused of terrorizing clerks in North Dakota bank robbery
- Who’s got the most voting clout in Seattle mayoral elections? Not millennials.
- Microsoft’s results beat analysts’ forecasts as profit more than doubles
- Sign of surrender? Sears agrees to sell Kenmore brand on Amazon.com
- 29 minutes from New York to Washington? Elon Musk teases a new Hyperloop
- Microsoft product names leave software world in a swirl
- Dogfight! Seattle-based online network Rover takes aim at NYC pet-sitting law
Featured Video Stories
- Russian lawyer who met with Trump Jr. represented intelligence agency
- No dye: Cancer patients’ gray hair darkened on immune drugs
- Chief: Australian woman shot by cop ‘did not have to die’ VIEW
- AP sources: US to ban Americans from traveling to North Korea
- Tennessee jail inmates shorten their sentences if they get free vasectomies, birth-control implants
- In South Sudan, a child soldier long thought dead comes back VIEW
- California fire destroys 58 homes as crews race to save town VIEW
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Amazon isn't technically dominant, but it pervades our lives VIEW
- 7 new graphic novels worth a look | Book review
- 5 movies open in the Seattle area this weekend. Here’s how they rate
- More than an arts tax: King County Proposition 1 prompts debate about regressive tax system and cultural access VIEW
- ‘The B-Side’ review: Documenting the portrait photographer Elsa Dorfman | Movie review
- Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies in L.A. at 41
- The Times recommends: Reject arts levy on Aug. 1 ballot | Editorial
- Wonderful women fuel television’s new golden age | Frank Bruni / Syndicated columnist
- The Times recommends: Pat Murakami for Seattle City Council Position 9 | Editorial
- George Romero gets the last laugh | Guest columnist
- Western Washington not immune from wildfire risk | Op-Ed
- A Summer Project to Nourish Your Political Soul | David Leonhardt / Syndicated columnist
- Storm star Sue Bird says she’s dating the Reign’s Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Felix Hernandez has one of his best starts of season, but Mariners don’t help him in loss to Yankees
- Seahawks camp countdown: Will a healthy Russell Wilson bring back the running game?
- Sonics Rising, NHL to Seattle websites represented on KeyArena advisory group
The Seattle Times Presents
Women want comfort and style in their shoes, and the latest sneakers and slides have both.