Lessening the excise taxes on brewers could send money back to breweries, but its real significance is questioned.
- Brush fires pop up across Western Washington
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest
- Duwamish Tribe denied federal recognition
- U.S. continues stockpiling Boeing’s bunker-buster bombs to rattle Iranians
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Russell Wilson | Larry Stone
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us | FYI Guy
The flag points the way to who we are, even as it complicates what it means to feel for one’s country. The U.S. flag is America’s symbol, but it’s also a cipher, layered with meanings and messages.
Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
We’re fortunate to have a state flag that doesn’t completely suck. But like anything that old, the flag could stand “a little work,” as they say. Here are a couple suggestions.
- Searchers may have missed Malaysia Flight 370, critics say
- Donald Trump uses San Francisco killing to slam illegal immigration
- Supremacists who might have known of Charleston attack could be charged
- 400-foot Ferris wheel stops: All 66 riders safely taken off
- Ex-drug lab chemist may have tainted 10,000 cases
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with the Romneys
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living
- Chefs fall under the spell of black garlic; it’s sweet, earthy and mellow | Taste
- How much water is too much for your lawn? | Ciscoe Morris
- A big crook, the Kennedys and more! The lurid tale of Seattle’s Dave Beck and the Teamsters union | PNW Magazine