Cars, trucks and buses now take priority over boats from 7 to 9 a.m. and from 4 to 6 p.m. on the Ballard, Fremont and University bridges. SDOT says those hours no longer reflect the commuting rush hours.
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over grocery deal
- Seattle police release video of suspects in attack on toursists
- Golf-club arrest: Chief faces heat whether cop fired or not
- Snow on the way — but only above 5,500 feet
- NTSB finds ‘no evidence’ of mechanical problems before KOMO helicopter crash
- Clerk who refuses to issue marriage licenses ordered to appear in court
- Worker dies after falling into hole at construction site
With a one-woman show coming to Bumbershoot, the local theater personality runs down her Seattle favorites.
If the same storm had hit in October, damage would have been far less, experts say. Utilities hope to have all power back on sometime Tuesday.
A proposal by Seattle City Councilmember Mike O’Brien would grant Uber drivers and similar independent contractors the right to collectively bargain, potentially setting a far-reaching precedent in U.S. labor law.
- Man and officer wounded, dog killed in police address mix-up
- Home detention for white police chief who shot black man
- Assault charges for 3 deputies in horse-chase beating
- Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve ‘sin of abortion’
- State wants to trap, kill 'very gentle' bear cub that approached a hiker
- Southwest flight diverted after several passengers become disorderly
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn’t far behind | FYI Guy
- ‘Don’t fear the potato’: Gnocchi pro Lisa Nakamura is here to help | Taste
- Generosity may be a ‘magic pill’ for happiness and longevity
- This contemporary urban cabin serves its athletic owners for rest and play | Northwest Living