Pregnant at age 19, feeling alone and helpless, Joyce McClain fell into a mental darkness. The darkness has lifted, with the help of Wellspring Family Services.
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Gov. Inslee takes climate-change campaign to Paris conference
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Vote to expand light rail next year could mean $500M for education
- Man dies after falling through ice on pond while skating with grandson
- Suspect in Colorado attack called recluse who left few clues
- Seattle’s Santa gets kicked to curb in corporate takeover | Danny Westneat
For years, a diaspora of budding Indian engineers and entrepreneurs left their home country to pursue opportunities in Seattle and Silicon Valley. Now, many are returning to cash in on the tech gold rush in India.
Despite our booming economy, homelessness is on the rise. Especially troubling is the number of youths living on the street. How did they end up there, and what can we do to help them? This Opinion project looks in depth at these issues and proposes solutions.
The Huskies have become a team coming of age before our very eyes, winning their last two games by a combined 80 points, including Friday’s 45-10 victory over Washington State at Husky Stadium.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again | Editorial
- Embracing the state’s young and homeless
- GMO and salmon: Public ignorance trumping science
- Syrian refugees and the luxury of First World problems | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Editorial notebook: Washington’s refugees and the kindness of strangers | Editorial notebook