A new study shows that stormwater runoff from urban roadways is so poisonous to coho salmon that it can kill adult fish in as little as 2½ hours.
- McCarthy abruptly withdraws candidacy for House speaker
- U.S. airman who helped thwart French train attack is stabbed
- Prudhomme, Louisiana chef who popularized Cajun food, dies
- Russell Investments’ asset management arm sold for $1.15 billion
- Idled Bertha may add $78M to its cost for tunnel, state says
- Charges: Driver was drunk when she killed woman in White Center crosswalk
- Amazon moves into business of helping build Internet of Things
Even after his crucial role in Mayor Ed Murray’s “grand bargain” for affordable housing, Jack McCullough, a lawyer for developers, is little known. He likes that.
With general manager Jerry Dipoto taking over last week, Gwynn's departure isn't surprising. More changes could come in the areas of player development and pro and amateur scouting.
With a Colombian harpist, an Israeli clarinetist and the local premiere of Wayne Horvitz’s septet for poet Richard Hugo, there’s plenty of opportunity to find new sounds at the Earshot Jazz Festival.
- After Obama apology, Doctors Without Borders seeks probe of attack
- Oklahoma halts executions after using wrong drug on inmate
- Agents unearth $600,000 in backyard of armored truck driver
- Blue sky and red ice at Pluto, NASA spacecraft discovers
- Scotland Yard’s macabre Crime Museum goes on public display
- Actor Randy Quaid ordered released; facing deportation
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Shaping a low-carbon future for state includes putting price on carbon | Guest columnist
- Perils of a climate skeptic for president | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
- Initiative 1366 will have negative impacts on health care | Letter to the editor
- It’s political war all the time in the U.S. | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Check out Seattle’s building boom of 1883 | Now & Then
- Best way to put some color in your garden this winter? Plant those early blooming bulbs now | Ciscoe Morris
- Out on the farm with Tom Douglas and Jackie Cross | Bethany Jean Clement
- Elderberries, granite, salal: Brewers turn into foragers, and now you can taste their creations | Happy Hour