Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant was rebuffed Monday in her attempt to fast-track legislation that would send Woodland Park Zoo’s two elephants to a California sanctuary.
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- State treasurer calls for income tax to help fund education
- Seahawks GM John Schneider, family tackle autism
- Dispute between UW, student teachers heats up
- Get ready for a long, slow summer of highway work
- Seattle school test-tampering probe: $25,000, no end in sight
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
- Steve Gordon, Sonics special assistant, charged with federal wire fraud
Anger at big banks may have subsided, but credit unions are still gaining in the Seattle area
The Seattle Times has been awarded for its coverage of the devastating landslide in Oso, which took 43 lives.
Sunday marked the end of a dreadful ski season in the Northwest as Crystal Mountain Resort and Mt. Baker Ski Area closed until next winter.
- In Missoula, anxiety over book on campus assaults
- Baltimore on edge after arrestee’s fatal spine injury
- Pope OKs resignation of U.S. bishop for not reporting abuse
- Questions, answers about police officers who confuse weapons
- Japan’s maglev train sets speed record
- Serbia president’s plane trouble caused by coffee spill
Photo & Video
Seattle Times Marketplace
Keeping in touch: Wait times for job seekers may vary
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk