The impassioned and largely peaceful Seattle Black Lives Matter protest stretched into the evening, with demonstrators marching through the downtown shopping district. Four protesters were arrested, and a police officer was injured.
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Assaults on staff at Western State Hospital costing millions
- Man struck, injured by light-rail train at Columbia City
- ‘It wasn’t crazy’ at local malls as deals precede Black Friday
- Vote to expand light rail would benefit education, too
- Some turn to church, others try CrossFit
- Suspect in custody after shooting at Planned Parenthood
- Mr. Wrap’s cliché-ridden bowl-watching guide: It’s all about the ‘want to’ | The Wrap / Ron Judd
Despite our booming economy, homelessness is on the rise. Especially troubling is the number of youths living on the street. How did they end up there, and what can we do to help them? This Opinion project looks in depth at these issues and proposes solutions.
Meet the local designers and artisans who devised giant mice, flying reindeer and even digital snow for PNB's bold new production of 'The Nutcracker." Watch how the reindeer and mice come alive behind the scenes.
The Huskies have become a team coming of age before our very eyes, winning their last two games by a combined 80 points, including Friday’s 45-10 victory over Washington State at Husky Stadium.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again | Editorial
- Embracing the state’s young and homeless
- GMO and salmon: Public ignorance trumping science
- Editorial notebook: Washington’s refugees and the kindness of strangers | Editorial notebook
- How Charlie Brown became a Christmas tradition | Guest columnist
- 3A football: Brandon Wellington and Eastside Catholic dominate Lakes in state semifinal
- 1 year later, Marysville-Pilchuck remembers postseason run while coping with shooting
- Seattle Seahawks’ Legion of Boom to be tested by Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Is Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch a Hall of Famer?