A Shell icebreaker in Portland turned back Wednesday, avoiding a showdown with protesters dangling from bridge. The company hasn’t announced its next move.
- Monfort, sentenced to life for killing SPD officer, says ‘I killed a good man’
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Federal Way shooting
- Tim Eyman measure to goad Olympia on taxes qualifies for ballot
- Mayor Murray withdraws proposal to allow more density in single-family zones
- Judge to hear case contesting release of Kurt Cobain death-scene photos
- Whole Foods picks Bellevue Square for small, new 365 store concept
Investigators who examined photos of the aircraft part identified it as a piece from a Boeing 777 wing, and the only such plane missing is the Malaysia Airlines jetliner that disappeared in March 2014.
Fox Rio Brunner has an Instagram account with 32,000 followers, while his parents screen calls from agents and would-be sponsors, all seeking business with a kid fresh out of kindergarten. “I’ve never really been afraid when I’m on my skateboard,’’ Brunner says.
The tempest over the killing of Cecil the lion by a Minnesota big-game hunter is playing out around the world, with court proceedings against two men, U.S. authorities offering to help and the hunter saying anger toward him has brought his dental practice to a halt.
- Cincinnati cop pleads not guilty to murder in traffic stop
- International outcry over death of lion brands big-game hunter as ‘villain’
- Baltimore’s monthly homicide count reaches a high again
- Trump turns golf trip into extension of campaign trail
- Great white shark thwarts marathon swim in San Francisco Bay
- Man wearing ninja mask robs pharmacy with sword
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France