Studios are less than $750 at a 50-unit apartment building in pricey Queen Anne. It was renovated for low-income workers, using an innovative funding mechanism that involves socially motivated investors.
- Calm urged as Olympia investigates police shootings of 2 men
- Grand jury indicts 6 officers in death of Freddie Gray
- UW recognized for recruiting women to computer science
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
- Cantwell muscles deal in trade vote
- Boy Scouts’ leader says ban on gay adults not sustainable
- Sounders will open CenturyLink to full capacity for 4 games
- Kyle Seager’s ejection costly to Mariners in loss to Orioles
The building that houses Seattle’s oldest Mexican restaurant has been sold to a Chinese development firm for $4.5 million and will be torn down.
Woodland Park Zoo says no taxpayer funds will be used to cover the cost of moving Chai and Bamboo from Seattle to San Diego to Oklahoma City.
At Seattle’s Rainier Beach High School, a frantic pace ensued before the party.
- Ex-con who worked for rich family arrested in their deaths
- Ireland votes on gay marriage; Catholic leaders opposed
- Iraqi official pleads for help after Ramadi's "big disaster"
- Prosecutor: 6 officers indicted in death of Gray
- In reply to Obama’s inaugural tweets, president faces racist attacks
- 53 people in 9 states sickened after eating raw tuna
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Our population boom demands more new housing construction | Guest columnist
- Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, Facebook and disorder | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
- Teacher walkout: Teachers are in solidarity against inequities | Letter to the editor
- King County takes promising lead on sex-trafficking enforcement | Editorial