On Tuesday, media and local officials toured Sound Transit’s new Capitol Hill light-rail station, which is part of the 3.2-mile University Link project that will connect downtown’s Westlake Station with Capitol Hill and Husky Stadium.
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade | FYI Guy
- Uber, Lyft, Sidecar may soon be able to pick you up at Sea-Tac
- Prosecutors: Kelley paid lawyers with stolen funds
- Hutch opens cancer research center — 9,000 miles away
- Report: Several FIFA officials indicted by Justice Dept.
- Deputy fatally shoots man near Monroe
- Chris Hansen says no hockey-first proposal yet
- Testing cutting into class time | Danny Westneat
Several more fatalities were reported, bringing the number of people killed by the weekend storms in Texas and Oklahoma to 17.
Once stereotyped as a nation of meat-pie eaters and Foster’s lager swillers, Australia has developed a $3.2 billion coffee-drinking market that devours more fresh beans per person than any other country.
Local dynamo David Brewster introduces his latest project: a membership library to be called Folio: The Athenaeum. Folio will contain books and a precious commodity: quiet.
- For Islamic State group fighter, a paid honeymoon in caliphate’s heart
- Prosecutor: Fiancee pushed paddle away from doomed kayaker
- Police: Dozens shot, 8 killed in separate Baltimore shootings
- Black widow spider crawls out of bag of grapes, bites woman
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft in Grand Canyon
- Cops: Recent Yale grad stabs fellow student, jumps to death
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Light rail is our best option to meet population boom | Guest columnist
- Why rape is so hard to address | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- Student testing: When kids fail, they lose for a lifetime | Letter to the editor
- Washington’s congressional lawmakers must continue progress on trade bills | Editorial
“Shame on the WEA, and shame too on legislative Democrats who passively allow the WEA to disrupt K-12 education simply because it again has chosen to maximize its “pay to play” status ...”