The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival runs April 1-30 every year. This year’s mild winter means the first tulip field was blooming March 19, the earliest in festival history, but there’s still plenty of color to see.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity on Aurora Ave.
- Co-pilot may have hidden illness, German prosecutors say
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County | FYI Guy
- Senate’s Harry Reid announces he won’t seek re-election
- Man charged in torture, killing of ex-girlfriend’s autistic son, 18
- Senator pushes state auditor Troy Kelley to testify
- HBO plans major expansion of Seattle office
Jurors on Thursday heard closing arguments in the trial of Erick Walker, who is charged with fatally shooting 15-year-old Molly Conley in Lake Stevens two years ago.
One program has won 11 national titles and the other hasn’t been to a Final Four, but hardly anybody figures the first team, which is UCLA, will win.
A decision to confirm the convictions could result in an extradition request from Italy for Amanda Knox.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- A modest proposal to restore local control of $40 million from No Child Left Behind waiver | Mark Mullet and Jamie Pedersen guest column
- Seattle can still lead in fossil-fuel divestment | Guest columnist
- Lawmakers should not fail state’s students | Editorial
- FDA must act now to prevent ‘superbug’ outbreaks | Editorial
“The professionals at the Woodland Park Zoo ... know what is best for the elephants. If I needed heart surgery, I would trust successful heart surgeons to help me make my health decisions.”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Trust is vital in the workplace — just ask a dog