Lessening the excise taxes on brewers could send money back to breweries, but its real significance is questioned.
- Brush fires pop up across Western Washington
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- State law does not allow for fireworks ban, Gov. Inslee says
- Apartment rents in King, Snohomish counties jump 5 percent in 3 months
- $3M Queen Anne condo fire called accidental
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Russell Wilson | Larry Stone
The unusually hot temperatures could be perfect conditions for algal bloom to grow. The toxic scum can cause illness or death for people and animals.
Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
We’re fortunate to have a state flag that doesn’t completely suck. But like anything that old, the flag could stand “a little work,” as they say. Here are a couple suggestions.
- Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trump’s ‘idiocy’
- Ex-drug lab chemist may have tainted 10,000 cases
- IS says it destroyed archaeological pieces from Palmyra
- Charleston suspect was in contact with supremacists, officials say
- Denver campaign would allow marijuana use in bars
- U.S. continues stockpiling bunker-buster bombs to rattle Iranians
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living
- Chefs fall under the spell of black garlic; it’s sweet, earthy and mellow | Taste
- How much water is too much for your lawn? | Ciscoe Morris
- A big crook, the Kennedys and more! The lurid tale of Seattle’s Dave Beck and the Teamsters union | PNW Magazine