Seattle educators voted overwhelmingly Thursday night to strike if the teachers union and school district fail to reach a contract agreement, which could delay the start of school next week.
- Teens can sue Backpage.com over sex-trafficking, court rules
- 2 teens shot near school south of Everett
- New indictment adds charges against state Auditor Kelley
- Condo prices climbing even faster than houses
- Marysville shooter sent barrage of anguished texts to ex-girlfriend
- Microsoft buys startup that monitors workers’ behavior
- Deflategate reversal again shows NFL commissioner has become a joke | Matt Calkins
Tyler Lockett scored on a 63-yard touchdown pass and Frank Clark made a sack that led to a touchdown as the Seahawks beat the Raiders in their final preseason game Thursday.
Chuckanut-area trail on Blanchard Mountain is good choice when other trails are crowded.
Movie review: Set in ancient China, this epic serves up good-old-fashioned widescreen spectacle. Jackie Chan, John Cusack and Adrien Brody star. Rating: 3 stars out of 4.
- Police: Gunman kills 1, wounds 2 at Sacramento college
- Guatemala swears in new president after Perez Molina resigns
- Biden says he’s not sure if he will seek presidency
- Leon Gorman dies; he built L.L. Bean into global enterprise
- Plan targets health care bias against transgender people
- Officials: 3 hurt in University of Arkansas machete attack
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Players to watch entering the Seahawks’ final preseason game
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: John Marchione for Redmond mayor | Editorial
- Armchair activism pays off in ice bucket challenge | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- The Times recommends: Dave Asher for Kirkland City Council, Position No. 6 | Editorial
- Why not rename Rainier to Mount Amazon? | Letter to the editor