Seattle is offering the Czech company supplying the train cars new financial incentives and penalties to finally get the line running by summer.
- Senate OK’s gas tax increase to fund $15B transportation package
- Sex offender who fled Canada arrested in Skyway rape
- Police: Couple accused of raiding Seahawks fans’ vehicles
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Bill Gates repeats at top of Forbes’ list of billionaires
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
- Seahawks sign linebacker Mister Alexander
Chief Kathleen O’Toole has spent much of her first eight months seeing that federally mandated reforms are carried out.
Hear full audio from each of the five teacher storytellers who spoke at last week's Why I Teach event.
The Seattle Times’ 2015 all-area teams for boys basketball features five players and one coach.
- Woman with slain Putin critic says she didn’t see his killer
- Video of homeless man’s shooting shows him reaching toward cop’s gun
- Cleveland leaders apologize over blaming boy for own death
- How Islamic is Islamic State group? Not very, experts say
- NASA spacecraft making first visit to dwarf planet Ceres
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“As a retired property-owner with a fixed income, I see my purchasing power shrink every year. Lifting the 1 percent cap on property taxes just speeds the day I’m forced to sell and leave my home. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Ways to address work gaps in your resume
The budget was really tight, but this contemporary home came out really great