Seattle took its place as the fifth most traffic-congested U.S. city in a national ranking released Tuesday by the Tom Tom navigation company.
- Amid outbreaks, measles shots surge 27 percent in state
- As Seattle wage law takes effect, city’s watchdog not up to speed
- Safe Arctic drilling possible, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell says
- State GOP budget allocates education money without new taxes
- Auditor’s office created job for his ex-associate, emails show
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare | Danny Westneat
The new youth-detention facility planned for 2019 will have fewer beds and a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation in an effort to address racial disparities in incarceration.
The Nature Conservancy has purchased 3,184 acres of Rayonier timberlands as part of a broader forest-restoration effort on the Olympic Peninsula.
The father of the Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooter has been charged in federal court with buying the handgun that 15-year-old Jaylen Fryberg used to kill four classmates and himself.
Photo & Video
- An alternative for Yakima to comply with the Voting Rights Act without dividing the city | Guest columnist
- Understanding religious liberty and equality during the Indiana firestorm | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Signs of climate change upheaval abound in Western United States | Letter to the editor
- Legislature should keep simple tool to fight Medicaid fraud | Editorial
“We need to put the brakes on this runaway train with whatever tools we have, and that includes saying no to permitting exploratory drilling rigs. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
How your wardrobe can color your interview