Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O’Toole has spent much of her first eight months seeing that federally mandated reforms are carried out while still balancing all the other duties the public expects of the department.
- Flu season in state not over, most deadly in years
- Reports: Retired Seattle fire chief in line for D.C. job
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Kirkland, Bellevue among nation’s priciest for high-end homes | Sunday Buzz
- Costco strikes credit card deal with Citi, Visa
- Marshawn Lynch on Turkish TV: 'I was expecting the ball'
- Surveillance video seems to be absent in Putin critic's slaying
Seattle is offering the Czech company supplying the train cars new financial incentives and penalties to finally get the line running by summer.
Northwest Wanderings: Scenes from a journey through our region
Photo & Video
Seattle Times Marketplace
Frigid weather doesn’t derail extreme bike commuter
The budget was really tight, but this contemporary home came out really great
Lottery dreams: Area readers share what they'd buy if they won