The good news: Fewer landlords are planning rent hikes than last year. The bad news: Despite the ongoing eruption of apartment buildings across the region, rents are still increasing.
- Bertha’s mammoth cutter head emerges from tunnel vault
- Seattle City Council clears way for 3 new homeless camps
- WSU study: ‘Exploding head syndrome’ more common than once thought
- Seattle home prices rising more slowly than 20-city average
- Seattle sales tax goes up Wednesday to benefit Metro Transit
- Indiana governor wants changes to religious-objections law
- Seattle clarifies fine points of new minimum-wage law
The lineup for the 2015 party includes RATATAT, TV on the Radio, The Kills, Built to Spill, Shabazz Palaces and The Julie Ruin. The three-day festival takes place July 24-26 in the heart of Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Whale-watching crews spotted a new baby orca in the Salish Sea on Monday, marking the fourth documented southern-resident killer-whale birth in three months.
Walker allows one run on three hits in seven innings and Zunino hits a two-run double and homer in strong showing against the Los Angeles Angels.
The online retail giant is rolling out the Dash Button, available by invitation. It lets customers place orders on a handful of frequently ordered products literally with the push of a button.
Photo & Video
- Jailing immigrants is inhumane, costly and unnecessary | Guest columnist
- The method to Obama’s Middle East mess | Ross Douthat / Syndicated columnist
- Kids in nature: Teaching the benefits of dirt | Letter to the editor
- Ed Murray, the real bike mayor of Seattle | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
“We need to put the brakes on this runaway train with whatever tools we have, and that includes saying no to permitting exploratory drilling rigs. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
How your wardrobe can color your interview