Seattle took its place as the fifth most traffic-congested U.S. city in a national ranking released by the Tom Tom navigation company.
- Measles vaccinations jump after scare, public dialogue
- Study: No elevated risk of suicide for post-9/11 troops who deployed
- Gun in Marysville school shooting was sold despite background check, court order
- State GOP budget allocates education money without new taxes
- Auditor’s office created job for his ex-associate, emails show
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare | Danny Westneat
Joni Mitchell is in intensive care in a Los Angeles-area hospital, according to the Twitter account and website of the folk singer and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer.
The Nature Conservancy has purchased 3,184 acres of Rayonier timberlands as part of a broader forest-restoration effort on the Olympic Peninsula.
John Augustavo this year led the Vikings to a second-place finish at the Class 4A state tournament, and won more than 200 games during his 13 seasons at Inglemoor. “I didn’t see it happening,” he said of the decision.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's mammoth cutter head emerges from tunnel vault
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- An alternative for Yakima to comply with the Voting Rights Act without dividing the city | Guest columnist
- Understanding religious liberty and equality during the Indiana firestorm | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Signs of climate change upheaval abound in Western United States | Letter to the editor
- Legislature should keep simple tool to fight Medicaid fraud | Editorial
“We need to put the brakes on this runaway train with whatever tools we have, and that includes saying no to permitting exploratory drilling rigs. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Career advice: Co-worker goofs off, but boss doesn’t care