Petty Officer 3rd Class Ali Ansari is observing the Muslim holy month of Ramadan at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, fasting sometimes 18 hours a day. On the base of more than 7,770 military personnel, Ansari knows of just two other Muslims. VIEW
- Trump signs law to make VA more accountable for vets’ care
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Man killed by King County deputy was carrying a pen, not a knife as initially reported
- Weather service in Seattle issues heat advisory as sizzling weekend approaches
- Police looking for ‘Hillbilly Bandit’ who they say robbed at least 4 Puget Sound banks VIEW
- Jury finds Washington state negligent, awards $2.9M in man’s hatchet slaying by son
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
With Jennifer Cohen at UW and Shaney Fink at SU, Seattle is the only one of the 32 metro markets nationwide with multiple Division I colleges to have women running its athletic departments.
Here’s what’s happening on the movie scene this week in Seattle.
The Mariners (38-37) are playing their best baseball just in time for a key home series against the Astros.
- WSU sends warning to 1 million people after drive with personal info is stolen
- Petitions for Washington’s transgender bathroom initiative are flawed, letter claims
- B.C. woman hopes Ethiopians in Seattle will help her find a bone-marrow donor
- Man killed in Queen Anne stabbing, police say
- Video shows no one other than Charleena Lyles leaving or entering apartment hours before shooting WATCH
- Google joins in backing Seattle tech marketplace Algorithmia
- Baristas push Starbucks for more equitable parental leave
- Chef Alice Waters chimes in on Amazon’s Whole Foods buyout
- Washington state officials, suppliers seek prospects at Paris Air Show
- Boeing vs. Airbus: Winner emerges at Paris Air Show
Featured Video Stories
Levi's Story (3:09)
- Here’s how Congress’ health bills and Obamacare compare on Medicaid, abortion, taxes and more
- New blow to GOP health bill: Nevada GOP Sen. Heller opposes
- Dramatic photos show Russian jet zooming within just feet of U.S. Air Force plane
- Depp’s ‘assassin’ comments the latest in celebrity anger
- By hinting at tapes, Trump suggests he was trying to keep FBI director honest
- Supreme Court could reveal action on travel ban at any time
- Kind act spreads to 167 drivers at Indiana McDonald’s
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Town Hall’s Wier Harman reflects on big changes: cancer, hall’s $25m renovation | Nicole & Co.
- A personal drag show with a tap on Uber’s app? This is Seattle after all
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' and 5 other movies open in Seattle; here's how they rate
- Where to watch outdoor movies in Seattle and around Puget Sound
- Seattle’s Ayron Jones: We need rock ’n’ roll more than ever
- The end of the school year is the end of free meals for many children | Editorial
- Troubling questions surround the tragic death of Charleena Lyles | Editorial
- A hero of Watergate has some advice for Donald Trump
- Keep local levies out of school-funding deal | Editorial
- You can’t take the low road to a high place | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Student debt can be avoided | Letter to the editor
The Seattle Times Presents
Beach towels, kid sandals, a lantern that's a speaker and more summer-themed gear.