A year ago, Sally Jewell and Dow Constantine knelt with schoolchildren to release salmon fry into Ebright Creek and celebrate a $300,000 habitat restoration in Sammamish. Now Buchan Homes wants to swap the land intended as open space above the creek and build houses there.
- Buffett sticks up for mobile-home business at shareholder meeting
- Comcast says state cable service to be restored soon
- Prime fish give way to hordes of jellyfish in Puget Sound
- Banking on faith: Cost-sharing ministries offer Obamacare alternative
- Monfort defense focusing on insanity in slaying of officer
- It’s unanimous: Floyd Mayweather Jr. defeats Manny Pacquiao
- Oyster pesticide battle shows who really wields power | Danny Westneat
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray and Police Chief Kathleen O’Toole talked with shop owners and residents on Saturday about the May Day protests and the city’s efforts to keep the peace.
You might guess that South Lake Union, of any neighborhood in King County, has had the most dramatic increase in population density. Close, but no cigar.
The Seahawks addressed needs on the offensive line with their first two picks in the NFL Draft Saturday.
- David Goldberg, husband of ‘Lean In’ author Sheryl Sandberg, dies at 47
- Britain has a new princess — and eagerly awaits her name
- Hands-free cars take the wheel, and law isn’t stopping them
- British politicians turn to social media to win votes
- Islamic State group reportedly captures much of Iraqi oil refinery
- Honolulu food festival explores the wonders of canned meat
Photo & Video
The Seattle Times Presents
Seattle Times Marketplace
Hospice nursing: Specialty focuses on end-of-life caregiving
10 ways to raise your credit score