Chat with reporter Matt Pentz starting at 2 p.m. before the United States takes on Japan in the Women's World Cup final at 4 p.m. from BC Place Stadium in Vancouver.
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- Obamacare in Washington state: Are the goals being met?
- ‘Outlier’: Seattle doctor wants STD drugs for partners of gay men
- A year in, taxes on legal weed yet to yield big windfall for state
- One missing after boats collide near Point Defiance
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us | FYI Guy
St. Helens’ Crater Glacier is growing when most glaciers around the world are shrinking.
STG hosts free showings of films and performances by local up-and-comers with a social-justice bent throughout July.
- Greece enters uncharted territory after referendum ‘no’ vote
- Playground-hookup case fuels calls to change sex-offender registry
- Girl killed after being struck by jumping sturgeon in boat
- Colorado’s push against teen pregnancies proves huge success
- New, simple ‘buy’ buttons make it easier to shop by phone
- Mormons a key bloc of voters up for grabs in Nevada caucus race
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: Vandana Slatter for Bellevue City Council Position No. 5 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Jennifer Robertson for Bellevue City Council Position No. 7 | Editorial
- The Girl Scouts’ inspiring example of moral courage | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Stand firm on nuke inspections | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist
- Get rid of antibacterial soap and other unhealthy home products
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living
- Get out of the gym and into the park for your summer workouts | Fit for Life
- How much water is too much for your lawn? | Ciscoe Morris
Go beyond the Empress hotel, Butchart Gardens and other well-known sights in the British Columbia capital and explore lovely small museums, gardens and even a castle.