The state system to deal with runaways had three chances to intervene this year for Brittany. But that system is a disjointed mess.
- State gave Boeing a free pass on $19.5M in sales tax
- Police: Man drove away from Seattle shooting before noticing he’d been hit
- Pete Carroll expects tight end Jimmy Graham back for 2016 season
- Arts groups push $2.4 billion into region’s economy with volunteers’ help
- Chat rewind: Q&A with Sonics and NBA legend Spencer Haywood
- Pope: There are bigger issues than condoms and HIV
- Man killed on I-5 near Federal Way was trying to retrieve fallen box
To deal with what Jeff Bezos has referred to as “defects,” hundreds of workers at Amazon’s Kennewick customer-service center answer phone calls, reply to tweets and chat via video.
At first glance, losing tight end Jimmy Graham to a knee injury hurts the Seattle Seahawks’ inconsistent offense. But not having one of their biggest targets for the rest of the season also could help the team regain its offensive identity.
After the Seahawks inched above .500 for the first time this season, the national media had plenty to say about Seattle's 39-30 win over the Steelers.
- World leaders gather to try to save an overheated Earth
- Bill Gates leads as investors pledge billions for clean energy
- Police shooting of black teen cited in U of Chicago threat
- GOP’s strong words on Muslims incur little political cost
- Flight attendant charged with attacking crew, U.S. marshals
- Suspected burglar dies in chimney after homeowner lights fire
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Homeless youths, their trackers, running around in circles | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again | Editorial
- Gov. Inslee can stop proposal to build nation’s largest oil-by-rail terminal | Guest columnists
- Legislature needs to enable para-educators to do their jobs | Editorial
- Response to homelessness emergency falls short