The good news: Fewer landlords are planning rent hikes than last year. The bad news: Despite the ongoing eruption of apartment buildings across the region, rents are still increasing.
- Seattle City Council clears way for 3 new homeless camps
- Father of Marysville school shooter charged with illegal gun possession
- State GOP budget funds education, holds line on taxes
- Jurors hear from relatives of 6 Carnation murder victims
- Seattle sales tax goes up Wednesday to benefit Metro Transit
- Seattle home-price increases trail the 20-city average
- Lufthansa: Co-pilot told flight school of ‘serious depressive episode’
The lineup for the 2015 party includes RATATAT, TV on the Radio, The Kills, Built to Spill, Shabazz Palaces and The Julie Ruin. The three-day festival takes place July 24-26 in the heart of Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Whale-watching crews spotted a new baby orca in the Salish Sea on Monday, marking the fourth documented southern-resident killer-whale birth in three months.
The mountain road in north-central Washington could reopen extra early this year, just in time for Easter.
Photo & Video
- Jailing immigrants is inhumane, costly and unnecessary | Guest columnist
- The method to Obama’s Middle East mess | Ross Douthat / Syndicated columnist
- Kids in nature: Teaching the benefits of dirt | Letter to the editor
- Ed Murray, the real bike mayor of Seattle | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
“We need to put the brakes on this runaway train with whatever tools we have, and that includes saying no to permitting exploratory drilling rigs. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
How your wardrobe can color your interview
Superintendent & Lead Foreman
City of Snohomish
Construction Monitoring, Geologist & Geotechnical Engineering
Earth Solutions NW, LLC