In spring, Victoria, B.C. is one of the best bets in our corner of the continent for low-stress recreation, offering plentiful and easily accessible cafes, shops, museums and bars.
- Former judge accused of slapping special-needs student on Highline bus
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737’s big ramp-up
- Who is the real Troy Kelley? Even political colleagues unsure
- Federal tax ruling frays ties between La Conner, Swinomish tribe
- GOP proposal to slash college tuition puts House, Senate at odds
- Man in Bonney Lake home kills wife, wounds friend before killing himself
The exterior has been recovered in distinctive silver shakes from Reinke Shakes. The aluminum is 99 percent recycled, radiates heat and serves for 50-plus years.
Gov. Jay Inslee has signed a bill that will allow Washington to have more information than ever about geologic hazards that threaten communities.
Costco expected to pay almost nothing to two credit companies replacing American Express.
- Report: DOJ, FBI acknowledge flawed testimony from unit
- Once-prized Tibetan mastiffs discarded as fad ends in China
- Alzheimer’s trial in Iowa stirs talk of senior sexuality
- Police: Officers kill man who charged at them near St. Louis
- Thunderstorms cause power outages, flight delays in Texas
- New England Aquarium offering penguins ‘honeymoon suites’
Photo & Video
- Ensure justice for all by protecting the legal rights of the poor | Guest columnists
- Legislature must move quickly on drought relief | Yakima Herald-Republic editorial
- When cultures shift | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Conservatives need to accept supporters of gay marriage into the fold | S.E. Cupp column
The Federal Way native scored two goals inside 25 minutes, scorching a Rapids defense that had only allowed two goals in 450 minutes coming into the match. Obafemi Martins added a second-half strike to secure all three road points.
- Don't blame the bees for the traffic jam, a new José Andrés restaurant, Meat & Bread opens
- This mess of collard greens is a fine mess indeed: cook some up | Taste
- Shovels up! Grooming hiking trails is a good deed and a good workout | Fit for Life
- At Rigoletto, service and food sing different tunes | Restaurant review
Seattle Times Marketplace
Marijuana jobs: Legal status brings budding careers to state
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk