The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has decided to keep the viaduct open to traffic during the delicate operation, which might take place as soon as Monday.
- Chambers Bay neighbors hope to cash in on U.S. Open
- Record year for applications to state’s universities
- Carnation family’s killer expected to testify in trial’s penalty phase
- Shoreline Community College to offer full-ride scholarships
- Indiana governor: New law ‘not about discrimination’
- Tax breaks for employers, but low wages for workers
- Let’s cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style | Danny Westneat
Record numbers of sea lions are gathering in the Lower Columbia river this spring, intensifying the long-running challenge to protect salmon runs.
It’s easy to escape the crowds at off-the-beaten-track places around the islands and see some of Hawaii’s heritage. Here are three places, rich in beauty, on the islands of Oahu, Kauai and Molokai.
Spokane native Tyler Olson appears to have won final spot in the bullpen.
Photo & Video
Seattle Times Marketplace
Trust is vital in the workplace — just ask a dog