Rioters looted stores and hurled rocks and bricks at Baltimore police Monday, injuring several officers, just hours after thousands mourned Freddie Gray, the man who died after suffering a severe spinal injury in police custody.
- With earthquake toll past 4,000, Nepal’s need for aid turns acute
- Local climbing outfits airlifted off Everest to ‘epicenter of disaster’
- Ray Bartoszek partners with Bill Russell, Fred Brown to develop arena in Tukwila
- Complaints say Sawant’s housing meeting was actually ‘political rally’
- Man arrested for carrying golf club sues city, Seattle police
- ‘SPD is back’ — but after downtown sweep, so are drug dealers | Danny Westneat
Teacher Brady Olson is being hailed as a hero after tackling a student who fired two shots into the air at North Thurston High School.
After the U.S. pulled out of Vietnam in 1975, Gov. Dan Evans welcomed refugees to Washington and gained a lifelong relationship with one family.
- How to help Nepal earthquake victims
- White supremacist to plead guilty in Jewish-center killings
- Greek prime minister: Bailout deal ‘very close’
- Firefighter arrested for 3 slayings in 15-year-old cold case
- Robert Durst to be moved to jail closer to New Orleans
- Rand Paul faces hard questions from Orthodox Jewish crowd
Photo & Video
- Advice for refugees: Keep the family together, learn English and get a job | Guest columnist
- Testing can tell if students need help before college and career | Guest columnists
- Zoo elephants: An example of failed city leadership | Letter to the editor
- The FCC could rob Peter to pay Paul: wireless carriers | Editorial
Seattle Times Marketplace
If you’re not getting called for interviews, check for ‘fit’
D.R. Horton to buy Pacific Ridge Homes in Seattle-area expansion