Local officials and media toured Sound Transit’s new Capitol Hill light-rail station, part of the 3.2-mile University Link project that will connect downtown’s Westlake Station with Capitol Hill and Husky Stadium when it opens early next year.
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade | FYI Guy
- Uber, Lyft, Sidecar may soon be able to pick you up at Sea-Tac
- Prosecutors: Kelley paid lawyers with stolen funds
- Hutch opens cancer research center — 9,000 miles away
- Report: Top FIFA soccer officials indicted by Justice Department
- Deputy fatally shoots man near Monroe
- Chris Hansen: No hockey-first proposal made yet
- Testing cutting into class time | Danny Westneat
Several more fatalities were reported, bringing the number of people killed by the severe storms in Texas and Oklahoma to 17.
Once stereotyped as a nation of meat-pie eaters and Foster’s lager swillers, Australia has developed a $3.2 billion coffee-drinking market that devours more fresh beans per person than any other country.
Seager hits grand slam in eighth inning and solo homer in 10th after Rays rally for three runs off Fernando Rodney in ninth.
- Floodwaters ravage Houston, paralyzing some areas
- 104,000 taxpayers' personal info stolen from IRS website
- Vatican: Irish gay marriage vote a ‘defeat for humanity’
- Prosecutor: Fiancee pushed paddle away from doomed kayaker
- Rick Santorum faces steep climb in second White House run
- Black widow spider crawls out of bag of grapes, bites woman
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Light rail is our best option to meet population boom | Guest columnist
- Why rape is so hard to address | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- Student testing: When kids fail, they lose for a lifetime | Letter to the editor
- Washington’s congressional lawmakers must continue progress on trade bills | Editorial