Studies have shown that students who use an approach known as RULER are less anxious, better behaved, more attentive and more independent — with greater leadership skills.
- Prosecutor: Seahawks’ draft pick is not a batterer
- King County home prices surge, just shy of 2007 peak
- Cancer care at UW gets boost from IBM super computer
- Seattle has lowest percentage of struggling renters | FYI Guy
- Port meets in private on Seattle challenge to oil-fleet lease
- Bothell mayor exonerated in ethics investigation
- Lifting cap on property taxes proposed in Legislature
- Oklahoma City is our savvier nemesis | Danny Westneat
A search for prints by world-renowned photographer Imogen Cunningham — one of America’s first and foremost female portrait photographers — for Cornish College of the Arts led to images that haven’t been seen since 1935.
Nordstrom executives Pete and Erik Nordstrom join their brother Blake, who has held the title of president for 15 years.
The sophomore had emergency brain surgery in 2012 after an errant shot struck her. She returned to the game she loves and has helped the Huskies become national contenders.
- Germanwings co-pilot tried slow descent hours before crash
- Woman seeks rescue from boyfriend in online pizza order
- ‘Ultimate Survival Alaska’ personality found dead in Alaska
- Florida man ID'd as escapee from 1959
- Scientific study: Beatles, Stones eclipsed by hip-hop impact
- Woman sentenced for digging up dad’s grave for ‘real will’
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- UW's Micah Hatchie signs with Pittsburgh Steelers as undrafted free agent
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- A new generation will help Nepal rise up and rebuild | Guest columnist
- Secret’s doomed script online | Joe Nocera / Syndicated columnist
- May Day protests: Letter from Seattle Central president thanking community | Letter to the editor
- #GiveBIG on Tuesday to continue legacy of philanthropy | Editorial
The Seattle Times Presents
Seattle Times Marketplace
Brian Zoebisch’s cool underwater systems engineering job
King County home prices surge, just shy of 2007 peak