At least 28 homes and about four square miles have burned in a wildfire in the Wenatchee area.
- 2 SPD officers under internal review over video comments on de-escalation training
- Lawmakers release $16 billion transportation plan with 11.9-cent gas tax
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seattle mayor selects 3 sites for homeless encampments
- Budget deal cuts tuition, closes tax breaks
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle’s Pride parade
Neighbors want the city to use its eminent-domain powers to take back a once-public beach.
The famous Ballard bungalow once owned by Edith Macefield is a symbol of anti-development in Seattle. As a bidding period opens shortly, it may finally relinquish its unlikely holdout against demolishment or relocation.
- Supreme Court upholds use of controversial execution drug
- Supreme Court rules Texas abortion clinics can remain open
- Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay marriage ruling
- California Legislature passes strict school vaccine bill
- Texas AG says state workers can deny licenses to gay couples
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- Greece over the brink | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- The Times recommends: Julie Wise for King County Elections director | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Shelley Kloba for Kirkland City Council Position No. 2 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Ryan McIrvin for Renton City Council Position No. 4 | Editorial
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?