Work, which gives their spouses a sense of purpose and accomplishment, as well as colleagues and a social network, is not available to the women.
- Three firefighters died from smoke, burns, coroner rules
- Parents of former Bellevue player dispute his account
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Brush fire threatened IKEA warehouse, other structures near Spanaway
- Sea-Tac jammed: ‘Crazy, crazy numbers’ of passengers this year
- Fake movie money being used to buy items in Renton, Seattle
With the Mariners headed for another losing season – the fifth during his tenure – Zduriencik was relieved of his duties Friday.
A man who beat and strangled his ex-girlfriend’s disabled mother in her West Seattle apartment nearly two years ago was sentenced Friday to 26 1/2 years in prison.
- Europe’s migrant crisis brings new death by land and sea
- Radar detects object believed to be missing Nazi gold train
- Teacher who was late 111 times says he was eating breakfast
- Florida keeps eye on Tropical Storm Erika, could hit Monday
- Prosecutors: No retrial for white officer who shot black man
- Vatican gets embroiled in Italy’s ‘banned books’ fray
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik