Microsoft’s search engine had a nervous, shaky beginning but is now a credible competitor, recently reaching a point where it is behind one of every five desktop searches in the U.S.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury’s friendships crumble
- Chief of Shell’s Arctic drilling program searches for ‘the prize’
- Mike Banner: He’s climbed Mount Rainier every summer for 50 years
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- Capitol Hill cellphone robbery gets worse once gunfire starts
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- Death penalty on trial after McEnroe verdict shocker | Danny Westneat
To avert illnesses, a new plan uses varying temperatures to assist Washington state growers of oysters destined to be eaten raw.
Underground house-music clubs aren’t just party palaces; they can serve as “sacred spaces” for people who don’t fit in or feel welcome at other venues.
The name Folklife became somewhat of a misnomer as the festival grew into a cultural showcase of practically everything.
- Ohio patrolman’s acquittal in 2 deaths sets off protests
- GOP controls Senate, but NSA vote shows chaos reigns
- NSA winds down once-secret phone-records collection program
- Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest while Russia is booed
- German woman, 65, gives birth to quadruplets
- Weather damage closes Yellowstone and Grand Teton trails
Photo & Video
- In mountain climbing, as in life, preparation trumps optimism | Guest columnist
- Our unwillingness to fix infrastructure will cost us dearly | Ann McFeatters / Syndicated columnist
- Genetic spirituality vs. environmental religious affiliation | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Egypt’s Sisi is fueling discontent | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist
The Seattle Times Presents
Seattle Times Marketplace
AM Guest Services – Driver
Sheraton Bellevue Hotel
Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Director, Integrated Care - Patient Safety (care transitions)
Washington State Hospital Association