In this hot, dry summer, even the Queets rain forest in Olympic National Park is burning. It’s a rare spectacle, but one that could become more common.
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- New Spokane NAACP head wants to repair damage, move forward
- Authorities looking for white pickup in connection to Wenatchee fire
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- UW’s plans for new computer-science building delayed by state-budget setback
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us | FYI Guy
St. Helens’ Crater Glacier is growing when most glaciers around the world are shrinking.
Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
From near heartbreak to pure elation, relive the top five moments of the U.S. women's remarkable journey through the 2015 Women's World Cup.
- Morning after: Greeks united, proud of their defiance
- What’s next, as Greece stumbles toward euro exit
- Serena beats Venus in 2 sets in 4th round at Wimbledon
- Iran pushes for end to arms embargo in nuke deal
- Nigerian military frees 180 Boko Haram suspects, some babies
- Former AG Eric Holder returning to private law practice
Photo & Video
- The Times recommends: Vandana Slatter for Bellevue City Council Position No. 5 | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Jennifer Robertson for Bellevue City Council Position No. 7 | Editorial
- The Girl Scouts’ inspiring example of moral courage | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Stand firm on nuke inspections | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist
- Deluxe doggy dining: Chefs’ recipes for canine cuisine
- Get rid of antibacterial soap and other unhealthy home products
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living
- Get out of the gym and into the park for your summer workouts | Fit for Life