The U.S. women’s national soccer team has been working for four years for the chance to erase the heartbreaking memory of its loss to Japan in the 2011 World Cup final.
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- Obamacare in Washington state: Are the goals being met?
- ‘Outlier’: Seattle doctor wants STD drugs for partners of gay men
- A year in, taxes on legal weed yet to yield big windfall for state
- One missing after boats collide near Point Defiance
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us | FYI Guy
- Brush fire forces evacuation of Moses Lake trailer park
St. Helens’ Crater Glacier is growing when most glaciers around the world are shrinking.
The Puget Sound region celebrates the Fourth of July with parades, fireworks and plenty of sunny fun. Here are some views of the day’s events.
Are you a lifetime Washingtonian? Test your knowledge here.
- Greeks reject demands for more austerity in key referendum
- Playground-hookup case fuels calls to change sex-offender registry
- Girl killed after being struck by jumping sturgeon in boat
- Pet food maker Stella & Chewy’s recalls some products
- Mountain bikers ride Oregon trail once used for moving timber
- China to create $19B fund to support plunging stock market
Photo & Video
Thank heaven for little girls. So sang French actor Maurice Chevalier in a famous song celebrating “their little eyes so helpless and appealing” and the fact that “they grow up in the most delightful way.” Well, we are here to thank heaven for little Girl Scouts — and for former girl, Megan Ferland, CEO of...
- First Place Scholars charter school is charting a new course | Guest columnists
- Too many people crowding the great sights | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- A good bad deal on Iran’s nuclear program? | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
- A toddler’s death in a foxhole | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
“I think everybody who voted against light rail in 1971-1972 should be taken to the middle of 520 and thrown into the lake. BRT yes, auto electric vehicles hopefully, but light rail to the airport and downtown from all spokes. And please increase the gas tax some more.”
Comment by baiss on Is Sound Transit 3 light-rail investment worth it?
- Get rid of antibacterial soap and other unhealthy home products
- This Olympia house has been trucked, dragged and condemned, but it never looked better! | Northwest Living
- Get out of the gym and into the park for your summer workouts | Fit for Life
- How much water is too much for your lawn? | Ciscoe Morris
Go beyond the Empress hotel, Butchart Gardens and other well-known sights in the British Columbia capital and explore lovely small museums, gardens and even a castle.