How can an MLS team – especially one, such as the Sounders, that built its scouting network from scratch less than a decade ago – hope to compete in the global market? Welcome to International Scouting for Dummies.
- Microsoft makes big push in emerging smartphone markets
- Here’s a first: Tiny town will open its own pot shop
- Seattle City Council won’t block elephants’ move to Oklahoma
- King County home prices up 6% from a year ago
- Mayor’s office: Troublesome U District night spot, Fusion lounge, has shut down
- Urban League president will run for Seattle City Council, challenge Sawant
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy’s cost dilemma takes off | Jon Talton
- Middle of Mariners’ batting order starts spring with an impressive performance | Larry Stone
Fast-casual pizza chain MOD Pizza says it has closed a funding round of more than $40 million, padding its war chest as it seeks to expand well beyond its Northwestern base and become a national brand.
Runway 13 at LaGuardia Airport is a 7,000-foot stretch of asphalt and concrete, partially laid on steel piers that extend over the water. The runway can freeze fast in winter, but even in good weather, there is little room for pilot error.
Jazmine Davis scores 18 of her 29 points in the second half to lead the fifth-seeded Huskies past 12th-seeded Utah, 75-64 in the first round of the Pac-12 tournament.
Photo & Video
- Sen. Jim Honeyford should show some sensitivity | Editorial
- Vulnerable foster children are left swinging from home to home | Guest columnist
- Lower Metro bus fares no substitute for higher wages | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Netanyahu’s visit: A symbolic attack on Obama | Letter to the editor
“A treaty of this magnitude needs to be carefully reviewed and debated in the Senate. McDermott should be demanding that Congress step up and play its advise-and-consent role, rather than running away from the issue and playing partisan politics. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
How to succeed at a job you’re not qualified for