Rep. Melanie Stambaugh, 24, who works as a confidence coach, is bent on leveraging her age and self-assured nature toward improving the state’s education system — and not letting her youth become a sideshow.
- Senate OKs transportation package, boost in gas tax
- Elephants shouldn't go to Oklahoma zoo, protesters say
- Violent sex offender charged in Skyway rape
- Every street can’t handle every use, mayor says
- Four words could imperil the Affordable Care Act
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
- ‘Abundant March sunshine’ likely to keep Seattle dry into next week
Israel's prime minister told Congress that U.S.-Iran negotiations would "all but guarantee" Tehran will get the bomb.
As authorities evacuated thousands of people, a tourist said, "It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen."
Stephen Mylett, a law-enforcement veteran, was selected sooner than expected from a field of four announced last week.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Justice Department: Ex-CIA chief Petraeus to plead guilty to mishandling classified materials.
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
“As a retired property-owner with a fixed income, I see my purchasing power shrink every year. Lifting the 1 percent cap on property taxes just speeds the day I’m forced to sell and leave my home. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Making the most of your engineering internship
Family Medicine Physicians Advance Practice Clinicians (ARNP/PA-C)
Catholic Health Initiatives -Franciscan Medical Group
Temporary Executive Assistant
Washington Hospital Services, Inc.