Boeing is transforming its 737 plant in Renton with new automation as it prepares to ramp up production to the unprecedented rate of 52 jets per month, or even more.
- Who is the real Troy Kelley? Even embattled auditor's political colleagues unsure
- Federal tax ruling frays ties between La Conner, Swinomish tribe
- GOP proposal to slash college tuition puts House, Senate at odds
- How the Affordable Care Act is measuring up
- Baby wounded in Kent drive-by shooting has died
- Mariners end losing streak with 3-1 victory over Texas
- Woman injured after car shot in Seattle Sunday
The exterior has been recovered in distinctive silver shakes from Reinke Shakes. The aluminum is 99 percent recycled, radiates heat and serves for 50-plus years.
Gov. Jay Inslee has signed a bill that will allow Washington to have more information than ever about geologic hazards that threaten communities.
Costco is expected to pay almost nothing to two credit companies replacing American Express.
- Seattle mayor announces plans to open 100-bed shelter
- Ceremonies mark liberation of 2 Nazi camps 70 years ago
- Almonds get roasted in debate over California water use | Agriculture
- After 18 months, no answers from feds in Ga. gym mat death
- 2 months before SC shooting, another motorist shot in back
- Environmentalists re-establishing Barnegat Bay oyster colony
Photo & Video
- Ensure justice for all by protecting the legal rights of the poor | Guest columnists
- Legislature must move quickly on drought relief | Yakima Herald-Republic editorial
- Would someone tell the NRA ‘normal’ is gone for good? | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- When cultures shift | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Don't blame the bees for the traffic jam, a new José Andrés restaurant, Meat & Bread opens
- This mess of collard greens is a fine mess indeed: cook some up | Taste
- Shovels up! Grooming hiking trails is a good deed and a good workout | Fit for Life
- At Rigoletto, service and food sing different tunes | Restaurant review
An aerial sightseeing ride near Vancouver, B.C., gets everyone high up into the mountains for a taste of wilderness.
Seattle Times Marketplace
Marijuana jobs: Legal status brings budding careers to state
Affordable-housing legislation sent to governor’s desk