The Seattle LGBTQ Commission on Monday called for Mayor Ed Murray to immediately resign, while four former Seattle mayors said Murray should continue to serve. VIEW
- Seattle City Council to vote on upzoning 3 Central District intersections
- In a twist, nearly half of Seattle School Board District 4 hopefuls have no kids VIEW
- Snohomish County Council election will set course of fast-growing region VIEW
- Bellingham climber dies after falling into crevasse on Forbidden Peak
- Woman, 71, and terrier-Chihuahua named Yoda rescued after nearly week in Olympic National Park
- Body of missing man recovered from Lake Union
- Seattle is just 2 weeks from rain-free record as we enter historically driest time of year
Opponents of safe-injection sites in King County say they will submit more than enough signatures to place their proposed ban on the November ballot.
Capitol Hill’s pioneering sex-toys retailer is being acquired by a like-minded California retailer that vows to continue its ‘feminist-sex-positive’ approach.
Nine regular starters are back from an offense that set a school record with 41.8 points per game last season.
- Man suspected of raping 83-year-old woman arrested
- Seattle Times columnist Jerry Large wins awards for reporting on poverty, political psychology
- Troubled West Point Treatment Plant has problems with staff turnover, training
- Big money fuels Eastside race, with control of Washington state Senate at stake
- Washington state steelhead counts reach worrisome lows
- Microsoft may pull the plug on Paint
- Can Google prevent traffic, housing woes as it plans big San Jose campus?
- How a 16-hour road trip led to the creation of Seattle startup Apptentive
- Nintendo may be moving away from its twin product line strategy
- Monday Memo: Local home sales, Redfin’s IPO, and an earnings-palooza (Boeing, Alaska Air, Amazon, Starbucks, F5)
Featured Video Stories
- “They kept us as slaves”: AP reveals claims against church VIEW
- Black women picking up firearms for self-defense VIEW
- No Russia collusion, Trump son-in-law Kushner tells Congress
- Parents of British baby drop legal fight, agree to let him die VIEW
- Yes, you can buy happiness — if you spend it to save time
- Hunt is on for chainsaw attacker who wounded 5 in Swiss city VIEW
- In Minneapolis, fake sign warns of ‘easily startled’ police
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Why Republicans can’t govern | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
- ‘Gather the Daughters’ review: A grim outlook for women in a fictional dystopian | Book review
- ‘The Card Catalog’: New book reminds readers of a vanished world | Book review
- Composer Timothy Brock returns to West Seattle to support restoration of Admiral Theater
- How Chris Colfer went from ‘Glee’ to author of books for middle-schoolers | Nicole & Co.
- ‘Goodbye, Vitamin’: A wistful tale of familial love | Book review
- Kushner has too many secrets to keep ours | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together / Melinda Gates | Op-Ed
- Join tech workers in helping homeless youth | Editorial
- The peril of mining the pristine headwaters of Alaska’s Bristol Bay | My Take
- Legislature needs to fix capital budget fiasco — soon | Editorial
- Meet a college graduate with an empty wallet | My Take
The Seattle Times Presents
Get the camera ready: Original and chic baby gear, nursery décor and maternity clothing to welcome Baby in style.