Investigators who examined photos of the aircraft part identified it as a piece from a Boeing 777 wing, and the only such plane missing is the Malaysia Airlines jetliner that disappeared in March 2014.
- Mayor Murray withdraws proposal to allow more density in single-family zones
- Shell icebreaker moves out as protesters in Portland dangle from bridge to block it
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Federal Way shooting
- Woman’s body found in Northgate-area parking garage
- Tim Eyman measure to goad Olympia on taxes qualifies for ballot
- Prosecutors won’t seek death penalty for Michele Anderson
- Judge to hear case contesting release of Kurt Cobain death-scene photos
- I-90 to close for Blue Angels practices on Thursday
The “365” store will open next year as part of the organic grocer’s move to up its game against the likes of Trader Joe’s. Whole Foods also will open a full-fledged store in Kirkland’s Totem Lake area in 2017.
The tempest over the killing of Cecil the lion by a Minnesota big-game hunter is playing out around the world, with court proceedings against two men, U.S. authorities offering to help and the hunter saying anger toward him has brought his dental practice to a halt.
Fox Rio Brunner has an Instagram account with 32,000 followers, while his parents screen calls from agents and would-be sponsors, all seeking business with a kid fresh out of kindergarten. “I’ve never really been afraid when I’m on my skateboard,’’ Brunner says.
- International outcry over death of lion brands big-game hunter as ‘villain’
- Afghanistan says Taliban leader Mullah Omar died 2 years ago
- AP Investigation: Olympic teams to swim, boat in Rio’s filth
- U.N.: India’s population to top China’s sooner than expected
- Prosecutors charge teen with murder in death of 8-year-old
- Average US vehicle age hits record 11.5 years
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France