Negotiations between the University of Washington and Seattle City Hall over redeveloping Rainier Square offer a rare look at the anatomy of a deal and raises the question: Did the city leave millions in affordable-housing fees on the table?
In two days, the Seahawks have made two major deals with star players, first with quarterback Russell Wilson and now with Wagner.
Seattle’s kindergartners start school less prepared in math than in reading or social skills. Brain research says that we are underestimating how much math kids that age can do.
Carson Smith throws two wild pitches in the ninth inning, allowing the tying run to score and then gives up an RBI single to Kurt Suzuki as Minnesota earns a 3-2 victory over Seattle.
- Hitchhiking robot’s cross-country trip in US ends in Philly
- Biden taking steps toward 2016 run, supporters say
- Obama to require steeper emissions cuts from US power plants
- Challenger, Columbia wreckage on public display for 1st time
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Zimbabwe alleges 2nd American illegally killed lion
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Photo & Video
- A ‘Poldark’ costume to view by candlelight
- Any home remedies to take the sting out of a wasp attack? | The People's Pharmacy
- A downtown Seattle apartment is elevated with imagination, instinct and tough choices | Northwest Living
- Eastside Girl Scout troop reunites 20 years later, at camp | Nicole & Co.