Record numbers of sea lions are gathering in the Lower Columbia river this spring, intensifying the long-running challenge to protect salmon runs.
- $6M Ellison Foundation gift to launch new UW Alzheimer’s project
- Zoos criticize elephant sanctuaries over tuberculosis, but fight treatment guidelines
- Mayor Murray to ban City Hall travel to Indiana, citing law he calls ‘discriminatory’
- Eyesight may have threatened Germanwings pilot’s career
- Woman and 2-year-old killed, man injured in Bremerton shooting
- Let’s cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style | Danny Westneat
Many of the aerospace suppliers who benefit from Washington state’s tax breaks pay very low wages.
Victor Sanchez was injured Feb. 14 while swimming off the shore of Carupano. A boat struck him in the water with the propeller hitting him in the head.
Photo & Video
“The professionals at the Woodland Park Zoo ... know what is best for the elephants. If I needed heart surgery, I would trust successful heart surgeons to help me make my health decisions.”
Seattle Times Marketplace
Trust is vital in the workplace — just ask a dog