Ferry reservations make driving to the islands easier than ever. Here are treks to make the trip worthwhile.
- Father of Marysville school shooter charged with illegal gun possession
- State auditor worked to hire former business associate, emails show
- Seattle workers, restaurants get ready for ‘new world’ of wages
- Seattle-area home-price increases trail the 20-city average
- State GOP budget funds education, holds line on taxes
- Seattle sales tax goes up Wednesday to benefit Metro Transit
- Lufthansa: Co-pilot disclosed earlier “severe depression”
The Seattle City Council on Monday voted to regulate up to three new tent encampments for as many as 100 homeless people each.
The Nature Conservancy has purchased 3,184 acres of Rayonier timberlands as part of a broader forest-restoration effort on the Olympic Peninsula.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Gov. Mike Pence asked lawmakers Tuesday to send him a clarification of the state's new religious-freedom law later this week, while Arkansas legislators passed a similar measure, despite criticism that it is a thinly disguised attempt to permit discrimination against gays. The Arkansas proposal now goes to Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson,...
Photo & Video
- An alternative for Yakima to comply with the Voting Rights Act without dividing the city | Guest columnist
- Understanding religious liberty and equality during the Indiana firestorm | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Signs of climate change upheaval abound in Western United States | Letter to the editor
- Legislature should keep simple tool to fight Medicaid fraud | Editorial
“We need to put the brakes on this runaway train with whatever tools we have, and that includes saying no to permitting exploratory drilling rigs. ...”
Seattle Times Marketplace
How your wardrobe can color your interview
Fun-to-drive VW Golf is an antidote to small SUVs